Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2017 9:35:52 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the Norotos AKA2 dovetail adapter will fir the Rhino II mount? I have heard that it does fit but the AKA2 adapter says it only works with the AKA2 mount but the dovetail adapter looks exactly the same as the one that comes on the hard to find Rhino II mount with the dovetail.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never done it myself so I'm not 100% on this but my understanding is that it will work, however you need to punch out a rollpin on the RHINO 2 to get the AKA mount to slide on.  I believe that you can then put the pin back in place to retain the adaptor.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never done it myself so I'm not 100% on this but my understanding is that it will work, however you need to punch out a rollpin on the RHINO 2 to get the AKA mount to slide on.  I believe that you can then put the pin back in place to retain the adaptor.
View Quote
You can't punch the pin - you have to pull it. There's no access from the other side to punch it. You will probably ruin the pin during removal. Remove the rear pin. If you don't get it replaced then you can be faily confident that the NOD will not fall off of the rear during adjustment as it will be ramming into your eye socket to do so. If the front roll pin is missing then the socket could easily fall off of the front of the lowering arm.

The socket has to be all the way forward to eject the NOD because there is no eject notch in the RHNO II like on the AKA2.

The forward/rearward lock lever is really close to the NOD and is hard to adjust while in use.

Overall I give this conversion an eight out of ten. In practical use it is solid and reliable - just a little unrefined. For the money, this is a decent option.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:18:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It does fit after removing the roll pin as mentioned above, I use it on my dual PVS14s. It helps to mill or otherwise cut a channel down the center to access the release button without moving it all the way forward.

Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
It worked fine for me.  Also, the Wilcox j arm fit the Norotos dovetail fine.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#5]
THANKS TO ALL 4 OF YOU GUYS SO VERY MUCH!!!

I have been trying to find the Rhino to that comes with the dovetail Mount butt it seems to be almost next to Impossible unless you want to buy a brand new one for 400 something dollars which I certainly don't. I have literally been spending quite a few weeks trying to find a dovetail for the RHINO 2 so the info you guys just gave me is a huge sigh of relief.

***SOT_Solutions***
Thank you so very much for very detailed directions on what I need to do to install the dovetail adapter that was really really appreciate it.

You guys have seriously made my weekend so if any of you are ever in South Philly beers and Cheesesteaks are on me!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top