Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2015 5:33:35 PM EDT
I'm about 65% set on taking the leap into thermal, I would like to use the unit for scanning and as a weapon site and that has me leaning more towards the patrol m300w. I'll be hunting coyote out to about 250 yards but would like to be able to detect farther. Am I leaning in the right direction?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you're hunting Yotes that far out, I would vote for the 35mm MKII vs. the 19mm M300.

Vic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm about 65% set on taking the leap into thermal, I would like to use the unit for scanning and as a weapon site and that has me leaning more towards the patrol m300w. I'll be hunting coyote out to about 250 yards but would like to be able to detect farther. Am I leaning in the right direction?

If you're hunting Yotes that far out, I would vote for the 35mm MKII vs. the 19mm M300.

Vic

Is the mkII too big to throw into a big coat pocket for while I'm night hiking? Does the factory mount return to zero consistently? Also 250 yards would be the max I'm in southern Indiana most shots are taken inside of 150yds.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No too big at all for hand held. With the LaRue mount, yes it re-zeroes very well as long as you place it back on the same pic slot as it was zeroed on.  Also we posted some Black Friday pricing HERE that may help a bit more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vic

Is the mkII too big to throw into a big coat pocket for while I'm night hiking? Does the factory mount return to zero consistently? Also 250 yards would be the max I'm in southern Indiana most shots are taken inside of 150yds.

No too big at all for hand held. With the LaRue mount, yes it re-zeroes very well as long as you place it back on the same pic slot as it was zeroed on.  Also we posted some Black Friday pricing HERE that may help a bit more.

Well shit, that's a hell of a deal. Sadly I won't have the funding in place for at least a week. I didn't plan this years black friday for shit haha.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Vic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vic

I just asked this question in another thread.  I'll have to look at the black friday specials you have.  

One more question: Which model FLIR units compare to the MKII hunter and MKIII hunter?  Is it a straight across comparison?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I just asked this question in another thread.  I'll have to look at the black friday specials you have.  

One more question: Which model FLIR units compare to the MKII hunter and MKIII hunter?  Is it a straight across comparison?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vic

This^^^^^^^Thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top