Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2014 7:34:11 PM EDT
Just ordered a pvs14 L3.   Picked up a team Wendy helmet.   Now, I need laser options.  Probably ir illumination as well.  

I have a picatinny green laser.  Are these picked up by the pvs14?

I don't have a budget in mind.  Application is hog hunting out to 50 yards.   If I can get by with a simple IR illuminater and laser, what to buy?

If I have to spend more, then I'm ok with that, I just want to know what I actually need vs overkill.  

TNVC has this. http://tnvc.com/shop/class1-dbal-i2-torch-pro-fusion-package/

Is that overkill?  I am just getting into this.  Most of my deer stands are 25 yards away.  I don't plan on making long shots at first.  Just sit and wait in the dark kind of thing.  

Thanks.   Just spent 3500 for pvs14, full package and Wendy helmet.  Took advantage of the TNVC Christmas discount.  So, cash is limited now.  I can spend the extra for IR laser and illuminater, just what do I need for now?

I do own an ultrafire 502b drop in 3 watt IR module I've never used.  Bought it to illuminate for NV video but didn't get around to it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If money ain't a problem I'd buy the tnvc dbal package or even better the new peq from them.  Tnvc gets my cash for nv stuff.  Just call them and they'll help you figure out what to get.  You'll love the tnvc L3 unit.  I have the same one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
At 25-50 yards you won't need an illuminator with that NOD, just a dedicated IR laser. The CQBL is the tits, but there are cheaper options from CT and LM in the $200-300 range that will work every bit as well. No need to break the bank until you know what you really want and what works for you from experience.

I've just now gotten more comfortable with a 200-yard laser shot. Before that, anything over 100-yards made me nervous. Don't axe me why.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If money ain't a problem I'd buy the tnvc dbal package or even better the new peq from them.  Tnvc gets my cash for nv stuff.  Just call them and they'll help you figure out what to get.  You'll love the tnvc L3 unit.  I have the same one.
View Quote

Yeah, ordered that NOD this evening.  Saved up for it.  I'm assuming by ordering from TNVC, I get a good tube? Yes?    I have the money for a peq15.  I'll drink a few beers and think about it
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yeah, ordered that NOD this evening.  Saved up for it.  I'm assuming by ordering from TNVC, I get a good tube? Yes?    I have the money for a peq15.  I'll drink a few beers and think about it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just do it! I have to wait until my Christmas bonus next month before I buy.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Problem with just getting a cheap IR lazer is that I want to quickly set the laser to either my 300 blackout or my 223.  These little lasers and small adjustments might subtract from the fun.   I need to call TNVC in the morning.  I'm already shelling out fifty bucks for shipping on the NOD.  They want 28 bucks to ship a PEQ15.  Something ain't right
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Problem with just getting a cheap IR lazer is that I want to quickly set the laser to either my 300 blackout or my 223.  These little lasers and small adjustments might subtract from the fun.   I need to call TNVC in the morning.  I'm already shelling out fifty bucks for shipping on the NOD.  They want 28 bucks to ship a PEQ15.  Something ain't right
View Quote

You can get a half-dozen CT or LM lasers for the price of one ATPIAL-C. Get one for each weapon, as you'll still need a flathead screwdriver for the PEQ.

Also, I believe TNVC insures for full value, which is the bulk of the cost of shipping.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can get a half-dozen CT or LM lasers for the price of one ATPIAL-C. Get one for each weapon, as you'll still need a flathead screwdriver for the PEQ.

Also, I believe TNVC insures for full value, which is the bulk of the cost of shipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct most of the shipping cost is insurance.  If you want it for both you're better off with two lesser expensive lasers.   Most tnvc tubes are high quality.   You won't be disappointed but if you are call them.  They'll make it right.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you in Texas?  You can come check out mine if you're close.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dallas area.  Thanks for the offer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top