Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2014 3:31:36 PM EDT
I currently have a Unimax IR + Unimax Laser setup on both sides of a quad rail (3 o'clock and 9 o'clock). I've been debating on selling both and moving to a single device that performs both functions. The current setup was cheap and meets my needs, but I'm not a huge fan of button batteries. I was wondering if anyone else did something similar and moved over to a single device.

Was it worth it? Any thoughts / Suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the 100% exact same situation right now.  Just posted a thread about the available options.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_18/434290_IR___Visible_Slaved_Laser_Options.html

Right now, leaning to the CQBL-1 that Optics Planet with coupon, etc., is running right at $700.  The slaved feature is a deal breaker for me.  I'm tired of f%&#^*(ing around with zeroing both of them with those tiny hex wrenches.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm still torn. I don't like having to sight both devices in, but one they are set, its really a non issue. My current setup works, but I I've had dead batteries a couple of times, simply because the UniMax is easy to flip on while in my my safe looking for something else. Problem is... my budget to replace this is ~$500.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm still torn. I don't like having to sight both devices in, but one they are set, its really a non issue. My current setup works, but I I've had dead batteries a couple of times, simply because the UniMax is easy to flip on while in my my safe looking for something else. Problem is... my budget to replace this is ~$500.
View Quote

I ditched the lasermax because of fast battery drain. They are good for the price but I personally think the CT railmaster is better for an IR laser (sturdier/ better switch/ better battery access).

If you don't have a slaved laser I don't really see the point of the vis laser. You would be better off just going to a IR setup.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you don't have a slaved laser I don't really see the point of the vis laser. You would be better off just going to a IR setup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really sure what you mean here. I have the vis laser for daytime use without the NOD.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not really sure what you mean here. I have the vis laser for daytime use without the NOD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh ok. I had assumed you had the laser to assist with zeroing or something along those lines.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm pretty impressed with my little unimax IR. I have a dbal and it definitely has more cool factor but I can't say that having both is necessarily worse than the dbal. Only problem i have with the unimax is being conscious about not snagging the buttons but i made a little cover.
Top Top