Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2015 2:07:05 PM EDT
4 months to the day-

Dealer rep handling a suppressor transfer for me (form 3 from manufacturer to dealer, form 4 to my trust) called me and said dealer called to tell him the form 4 came back for missing info. He is going in later today to get his hands on it and will call me when he knows what's missing.

Question- when he gets the missing info put on it, who can I call/email to try to expedite the correction?

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding of the paper forms, is that the paperwork doesn't start over again, it goes back to the original inspector and doesn't lose any time except for the time in the mail.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok thanks guys.
He called me back and apologized, admitting he messed up and left off information from the form 3...
He had it corrected and back in the mail today.
Hopefully it doesn't take another month...
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I called NFA branch yesterday to ask status, if anything had changed- guy told me that he couldn't give me the information  because 'the dealer did not indicate that they could release any info to the trust holder'

so I called my dealer, he called right away, they told him the examiner did have it again....

hopefully I'll have it here next week...?
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Haha.  Hang in there man, it'll be here before you know it.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 5:40:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hopefully I'll have it here next week...?
View Quote

2 weeks.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#7]
UNACCEPTABLE!

I do not have 2 weeks worth of patience!!!!

...well, I guess I do. I remember my first suppressor took 7 months.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#8]
You can rest assured that it's on the examiners desk waiting for the correction so that the stamp can be affixed. Dealer can fax the correction instead of mailing it. Figure 7-14 days before the dealer receives the approved form. It's actually a good thing in a way because you know it will be any day now other than just "pending".
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Actually, a sent back for correction letter is actually a good sign!

Your form 4 has been looked at by a real person and in my experience the forms turn around rapidly after being sent back in (two weeks is a reasonable guess).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top