Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2015 5:39:15 PM EDT
Why do people use a paper form 1? I just saw a few people in the "New NFA Timelines thread: post-Nov. 5, 2009" sticky. It seems to take longer but I'm not extremely knowledgeable on NFA information.

Just for the physical stamp?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why do people use a paper form 1? I just saw a few people in the since 09 sticky and it seems like it just takes longer?

View Quote

Because not everybody files as an entity.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why do people use a paper form 1? I just saw a few people in the since 09 sticky and it seems like it just takes longer?

View Quote

And some still do them as individuals - only non-person entities can use eForm 1.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
We'll I just e-filed my first form 1 last week after years of dealing with paper forms.  If the times were the same, I'd paper file...I'm still a little perturbed I'm not getting my physical stamp.  That may seem ludicrous to some, but I believe in actually getting something of value in return for my $200.  The government had to make and issue that stamp in a $200 denomination, then declare it used.  At least I know that I got the physical stamp, and to some, they're actually worth something if you sell it later down the line.  With e-file, you don't get anything except the approval.  The stamp is a picture, not anything physical.

All that may seem ludicrous and pale in comparison to the fact that you're getting an approval, but to some it is somewhat important.  As for me, the times aren't equal and I'm not willing to wait another 3-4 months in addition to the month I'll already be waiting in order to get my physical stamp.

I just wish they would follow up with a physical copy of the form after they send you the electronic copy.  Then it would be the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah ha. I keep forgetting that efile is just for entities. Sorry for the stupidity.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ah ha. I keep forgetting that efile is just for entities. Sorry for the stupidity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd also add, some people, like myself, prefer the physical stamps like you said.
Once you have your first SBR, and first can, its a much easier wait(Im not speaking of MG's) for the following submittals.  So if it takes longer, not a big deal, I'd just much rather have an actual stamp.  I know Im not alone in thinking like this either.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I only did it because I was having an issue loading my trust to the site. It has been a journey so far. I was told to make a correction and I did. At least I know that somebody looked at the form
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I do paper bc I have no need for a trust living in ky. Sure, it would be nice to get my stuff faster. But I'm not too worried about that. Plus if 41P happens then it's the same damn thing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top