Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2010 8:05:50 AM EDT
Any idea where to get this information?  Is this available as a FOIR?  Back Issues of Small Arms Review?

I know the 4th Edition of the Machine Gun Dealers Bible covers this up through 1996 and I came across the 2007 info in an Internet post of a past SAR article.  

Is this a regular update provided in SAR?  If so, what issue is it normally in?  June?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't seem to find it right now but there was a recent post (could have been on Subguns) that had current (2009?) numbers of title-II stuff state by state.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#2]
It gets published in SAR from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#3]
The ATF releases the information annually, try their website.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The ATF releases the information annually, try their website.

Kharn

Only thing I could dig up on the ATF site was the 2000 Commerce in Firearms in the United States report.  It had the 1999 State by State info.  Have you seen this info as a standalone document on their site?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure I understand that chart...is it saying that Kalifornia has about 21k registered machine guns??  
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 3:01:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Yup. And 95% of them are registered to law-enforcement agencies; the other 5% belong to movie-prop companies.
There are a handful of MGs in civilian hands in Kalifornia –– IMHO, a coupla hundred to under 1k, tops. They are either grandfathered guns, or owned by individuals so wealthy/politically connected, they can get the neccessary permits.

doesnt that make you want to puke?  What a bassackwards state that is.  Of course I live in MA and owning MGs is not much easier but I am lucky enough to live in a small town and be a part time Cop and getting the licence to possess a machine gun was easy for me.

But I find that amazing that such a small number of civilians own MGs in Kali.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Florida, Georgia, and Texas holy shit!

You guys love your NFA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not sure I understand that chart...is it saying that Kalifornia has about 21k registered machine guns??  

Indiana has over 7,000 SBS up there, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is in LE hands (IN - no civvy SBS state).
Nothing surprising there...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top