Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/30/2009 11:51:40 AM EDT
I just got a email from my dealer that he has 50 customers with some @ 5+ months waiting on approvals of form 4s. I am one of those @ about 3 months. All the forms are being help up by Ms/ Shnook and when asked she said most of it is from the FBI finger printing process/checking. I as well as a few others ahve done Trusts which bypasses this and I guess they are still being held up.

Anybody care to clarify with what they have heard? I know its all backlogged but it seems odd that this one person is holding up all my dealers stuff
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just got a email from my dealer that he has 50 customers with some @ 5+ months waiting on approvals of form 4s. I am one of those @ about 3 months. All the forms are being help up by Ms/ Shnook and when asked she said most of it is from the FBI finger printing process/checking. I as well as a few others ahve done Trusts which bypasses this and I guess they are still being held up.

Anybody care to clarify with what they have heard? I know its all backlogged but it seems odd that this one person is holding up all my dealers stuff

I haven't heard anything .. but from past experiance one examiner will be handling all of your dealer's transfers going out of his posession.  Now that everything is backed up due to multiple transfers .. they have been re-assigning some transfers to equal the work load.

I just had a transfer take 136 days and it was approved by Ted Clutter.  Mine was also held up due to waiting on the FBI for prints.  I'm betting this is more of an FBI problem than an ATF one.  

As far as trusts .. I'm going to guess that she gets to them in the stack as they come up.  Don't know what to tell you there other than they probably don't sort out trust transfers to get them out quicker .. going to have to wait your turn.

Edit:  What I meant to type the first time –– Sandy Snook has handled a couple forms for me and I was pleased with the service I got at the time.  I think she is one of the better examiners.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I went the trust route as well and had her as my examiner.  Sent it in Feb 13th, approved June 26th, received July 2nd IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/9/2009 4:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
looks like there is quite a few now waiting on her
Link Posted: 8/9/2009 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#4]
She is my examiner as well but form 1 individual.  Ive been pending since June 18...im hoping to hear something here in the next few weeks, but my guess is it wont be til Sept sometime...
Link Posted: 8/9/2009 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Form 4 pending with her.  It's been pending since May.  I'm hoping it will be approved soon.
Link Posted: 8/9/2009 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
damn,

the form 4 for my MG went pending on the 7th of july...

i was hoping for september, but now i'm not getting my hopes up...

Link Posted: 8/10/2009 3:14:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been pending since may 20th...nada...
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 4:04:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
She is my examiner as well but form 1 individual.  Ive been pending since June 18...im hoping to hear something here in the next few weeks, but my guess is it wont be til Sept sometime...

I went pending about the same date with my trust. She seems to take here time
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a form 1 (Trust SBR) on her desk that went pending in mid July. I'm guessing Sept.

-ZA
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a form 1 (Trust SBR) on her desk that went pending in mid July. I'm guessing Sept.

-ZA

Im starting to think we got the slow examiner who likes to take lots of vacations...daxifus sent in his form 1 individual 2 weeks after me and he received his stamp last saturday signed by ashton.  Im STILL pending as of today.  so irritating...
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-ZA

Im starting to think we got the slow examiner who likes to take lots of vacations...daxifus sent in his form 1 individual 2 weeks after me and he received his stamp last saturday signed by ashton.  Im STILL pending as of today.  so irritating...

Im thinking so too. Shitty shitty deal
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#12]
i'm going to send her 100 bucks in an envelope with my trust name and serial number, see if she can put my form 4 at the front of the line....

(kidding)
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i'm going to send her 100 bucks in an envelope with my trust name and serial number, see if she can put my form 4 at the front of the line....

(kidding)

I already tried that but with nude pictures.......no dice
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Mark me up as yet another one for a Form 4 Trust that went pending on June 18.  Here's the worst part: I bought it out of state.  I had to wait over four months just to get the tax stamp to transfer the item to my local Class III.  I bought a Krinkov and it's my first NFA purchase.  Can you believe I won that auction online back a couple days before New Year's?  I sent the check to the seller on Jan. 2nd of this year.  I literally started bidding on this item at Christmas.  This will be the last out-of-state purchase I ever make...
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#15]
out of state transfers aren't so bad if its from one SOT to another. the form 3s go alot faster...

2 form 4s would suck though...
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

(kidding)

I already tried that but with nude pictures.......no dice

if i sent nudie shots, the forms would end up in the shredder and the suits would show up at me door!!!!

maybe i'll offer to take her on a date to outback?

Link Posted: 8/10/2009 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a form 4 individual.....not sure if it is with her.....but it has been pending since May 1.
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a form 4 individual.....not sure if it is with her.....but it has been pending since May 1.

From the sounds of it it probably is...I was hoping 2 months from pending to approved, but its looking grim...
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Form 4- suppressor
type- Individual
Pending- 5/26
Approved- ???
Examiner- S Snook

edit 8/24:  Dealer called today and said that my form 4 had arrived.  Have item in hand.  My Form 4 must have been approved sometime the early part of last week....

Link Posted: 8/12/2009 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#20]
For my Uzi and can it took from the check being cashed till approval..... exactly 18 weeks! From pending to approved was 11 weeks and 3 days! So in short it will be around 4.5 months overall!

I have another 2 cans that I sent in the paperwork for in mid April. Still waiting on them.

Link Posted: 8/12/2009 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I have had a form 4, individual pending with her since June 8th... check was cashed on april 8th! I wish she would get on the ball and start pushing these forms out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#22]
she's my examiner and I guess she's slow I guess.

whatever
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#23]
so it looks like most of you guys are doing it as individual. I wonder WTF is holding up my trust then with no fingerprint work?
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
so it looks like most of you guys are doing it as individual. I wonder WTF is holding up my trust then with no fingerprint work?

Probably the fact that youre under so many individuals waiting on finger prints.  This is rediculous, if she is this far behind they need to assign her a partner or some help, cuz other examiners pump out form 1 individuals in 3.5 months, theres no reason she shouldnt be able to as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably the fact that youre under so many individuals waiting on finger prints.  This is rediculous, if she is this far behind they need to assign her a partner or some help, cuz other examiners pump out form 1 individuals in 3.5 months, theres no reason she shouldnt be able to as well.

I know my dealer tried contacting our state reps for some help. Dont know if its working but it I agree with you if she cant cut it she needs to get help or get out
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

help me understqand this:

you are saying that, when she comes to a form 1/4 thats done as an individual, the examiners (sandra snook, here) sits around twiddling her thumbs waiting on the FBI to do the fingerprints?

i figured, the examiners would put the individual form off to the side and go right onto the next one, then, when the fingerprints are taken care of, go back to the form that was being waited on.

i dunno. maybe i'm wrong.

its VERY irritating that the examiners all have different time frames. the workload should be spread out evenly. i mean, some are taking 2 months, some 6 months.

Link Posted: 8/12/2009 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

help me understqand this:

you are saying that, when she comes to a form 1/4 thats done as an individual, the examiners (sandra snook, here) sits around twiddling her thumbs waiting on the FBI to do the fingerprints?

i figured, the examiners would put the individual form off to the side and go right onto the next one, then, when the fingerprints are taken care of, go back to the form that was being waited on.

i dunno. maybe i'm wrong.

its VERY irritating that the examiners all have different time frames. the workload should be spread out evenly. i mean, some are taking 2 months, some 6 months.

Haha im sure that doesnt happen, just trting to justify the time frame differences.  Yeah its seriously rediculous...
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Mines is a trust and its pending since may 26th.

Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

i'm gunna be sick.... mine is a trust and it went pending july 7th...

i didn't think i was going to be this bothered about the wait... but DAMN!!! i WANT me M-16!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i didn't think i was going to be this bothered about the wait... but DAMN!!! i WANT me M-16!!!!!

Yeah, i dont want to be a dick about any of this cuz usually thee people are normal and hard workers...but I wish there was something we could do to get the ball rolling.  At least speed up the process some...
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Trust here... same examiner pending since 6/3
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 2:19:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sandy's pretty cool. She's working as fast as she can. She –– and the entire NFA system –– are overloaded. Don't blame her –– instead, blame the bean-counters who refuse to give NFA Branch funding for enough examiners to handle the workload.

I'm with you all the way, Tony.  She has processed mine in record time before.

However, my paperwork (Trust) that went up in March is still there and she has sent several individual transfers back to the dealer that went in after mine.  Fortunately, I'm overseas and can afford to wait.  Said dealer has spoken to her about it and was just told that it is pending.
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 5:09:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sandy's pretty cool. She's working as fast as she can. She –– and the entire NFA system –– are overloaded. Don't blame her –– instead, blame the bean-counters who refuse to give NFA Branch funding for enough examiners to handle the workload.

I dont doubt she is and that everyone is overloaded...but if everyone is overloaded the wait time should be pretty similar for all examiners, which just isnt the case.  Trusts should be moving in and out pretty quick and with her they are taking as long as individuals are.  I know individuals who sent their paperwork in after I did (by a significant ammount of time) and they already have their tax stamp back.  For whatever reason its just hard to believe she does as much as everyone else the way her paperwork is moving.  If she has a larger volume, she needs to get help...
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont doubt she is and that everyone is overloaded...but if everyone is overloaded the wait time should be pretty similar for all examiners, which just isnt the case.  Trusts should be moving in and out pretty quick and with her they are taking as long as individuals are.  I know individuals who sent their paperwork in after I did (by a significant ammount of time) and they already have their tax stamp back.  For whatever reason its just hard to believe she does as much as everyone else the way her paperwork is moving.  If she has a larger volume, she needs to get help...

She has done my last three with lightning speed.  This one, not so much. Same dealer, same trust.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 5:58:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
NFA's legal department is examining all trust documents to make sure your trust is valid and capable of owning NFA weapons. With how many people run to do the trust route (I know of at least one FFL that notarizes a trust for you on the spot so you can mail everything immediately rather than do prints and wait for the CLEO sig) instead of talking to their sheriff about a signature, I'm not surprised that trusts can take longer than individuals.  I doubt the NFA branch has as many lawyers as they do examiners, and it takes much longer to read the trust documents than it does to read an FBI fingerprint report and make sure somebody used black ink to scribble 'Sheriff John Doe' on the back of the form.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#37]
A buddy of mines used the same Quicken Willmaker trust program as me for 2009. I used the same program and I paid 200 bucks to have it blessed by a real bonafide lawyer and he said mines was alright and fine for Oregon but would be worried if I got married and had kids but for me being single it was perfectly fine.

Anyway...his went pending in early June and his was approved two weeks ago.

Different dealer in Oregon than the one I am using and different examiner.

So I know for a fucken fact and forget fear, paranoia, & panic mongering joshuap that the willmaker is not the issue for Oregon.

The quicken was perfectly fine but thanks to him, I had to double check AGAIN with a lawyer and that's another tax stamp down the drain.

I dedicate my post to Josh, who will make a great whambulance chaser like John Edwards...after all, he has the whole fear mongering skill of lawyers down pretty good now for post law school student.

Link Posted: 8/13/2009 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Did your lawyer say your trust allows you to use your items?
A trustee is a guardian of assets for the beneficiary, until the beneficiary satisfies all of the trust's requirements to take possession.  Trustees arent allowed to take the Porsche or the Seadoo out for a joyride without special language to that effect. And you can be held liable for abusing your position as trustee.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#39]
The lawyer knows the rules of NFA and has some himself and is a member of some gun boards.

Yes.....he told me to add some small small parts but he said they weren't necessary. The only way they will be necessary is that those who get the stuff from me after grantor DIES gets into some blood fights and it goes into the courts and all that mickey mouse bullshit.

Who it's going to is not gonna fret about it....so no worries or issues.

Link Posted: 8/13/2009 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I have a David Goldman-drafted NFA trust that was successfully used for 2 Form 1's sent in April for which I got approved stamps back July 18th.

My Form 4 using the same trust was sent in 2 days before the Form 1's, had its check cashed 8 days earlier than the Form 1's, went pending May 26th, Transferror Letter E, assigned to Barbara Payne.

Still not done, and its been more than 4 months.

I'm not buying the busy part anymore.  

People need to shit or get off the pot and do the work they are paid to do.

Link Posted: 8/13/2009 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Goldman JoushuaP, the face from mars...whatever....

It's something else and I don't believe it's the trust.

It's something else.

Link Posted: 8/13/2009 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm sorry Tony....I can make a great impersonation of Al Sharpton...

I'm  a conisuier of fine whine...

It's just a frustrating wait.....

bothers the heck out of me.....

This is my 12th NFA and I swear....I have had lady luck playing it with no issues.

going by smooth and fast and consistent
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone with her as an examiner hear anything this week?
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Not me.  Mine has been pending over 12 weeks now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Whats your Form 4 for?  Have you called to inquire about it?  What are you at about 5 months total now?!
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Im at 11 weeks pending....
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im at 11 weeks pending....

Yeah im a Form 1 individual and have been pending for 9 weeks...this is just rediculous
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#49]
10 weeks pending with her...
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
10 weeks pending with her...

Has anyone received anything from her in the last 2-3 weeks?  A month?  Has she been on vacation or something?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top