Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2007 3:09:49 PM EDT
who do you use for F1/SBR engraving?  Turnaround?  Price?

Thanx.

--John
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
for steel receivers/tubes - Orion Arms, short turnaround (2 weeks tops), near $40

for aluminum receivers/tubes - local trophy shop, while you wait, $10
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
pfft...I even told him I'd send him just an unbent flat (it was for an AK), and he told me to send him the Form 1....he's not worth dealing with IMO.

Businesses get one chance to make their impression with new customers and he came across as a tool.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:45:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting...  Come to think of it I probably didn't need to send my Form 1 when I sent him my USC - all he was doing as some plastic machining on it and engraving.  But while it was there the ATF showed up for a no-notice inspection.  They found no errors and I got my stuff back and it was done very well.

For the OP - I've heard pretty good things from folks who just call local engravers.  Just tell them the height and depth and that they'll be working on a gun.  I've heard a lot of folks going that route and it cost them $10 or $15 and they did it while they waited.

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 7:42:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
here's a quote from an email he sent me for his reasoning

I'm a Class II Manufacturer and ANY serial number engraved here will constitute in "making" a firearm

eta: he also use the term "Assault Weapon", in the same email, to describe what I was building

that guy gets none of my $

It sounds like his concern was that the engraving was associated with a transaction that wasn't a pre-existing firearm being converted, but rather a reciever being newly made on that Form 1, so I could see where his concern comes from, especially with serial number application. One would think that a flat (which is less than 80% and thus a non-gun) would be nothing, but I guess his concern is understandable.

As far as timlieness, I had my reciever back before he called me back for my credit card information.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]

dremel engraver from lowes: 10 bucks.

turnaround: 10 minutes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top