Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/22/2007 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#1]
so are you telling me that you set a trust up through USAA?  They will do that?

Link Posted: 10/22/2007 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
so are you telling me that you set a trust up through USAA?  They will do that?

I believe he is saying that he opened a checking account in the name of the Trust for the purpose of funding the trust and only deposited $5. Any bank can do that.

For those who have heartburn about the Schedule A, I am specifically setting up a NFA Trust. If at a later date I setup a Living Trust for other property it will be totally separate from the NFA Trust. This will allow me to setup different Trustees that I don't really want to have access or knowledge of NFA Weapons. So when I send in my Schedule A there is no reason to redact it because the property listed is all property that the NFA Branch should be aware that I already possess.
Link Posted: 10/22/2007 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I get that, and was planning something similar, but why set up a checking account for the trust?  To pay for transfers and tax stamps?
Link Posted: 10/22/2007 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Usually to fund the trust.

A trust has to have property transferred to it in order for it to be legitimate. Also any money in the trust's account will be distributed at the Grantors Death as the Trust states. You can't distribute items through the trust that are not held by the trust.

My trust was opened with a RRA lower receiver.
Link Posted: 10/22/2007 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
When you add a account to a trust then you will need a laywer to set the trust up for ya. Only thing in my trust is guns. No laywer needed here in Florida for me. Trust laws very from state to state.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top