Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2014 8:27:16 PM EDT
My father went deer hunting this year with a friends muzzleloader. Now he wants to get into it for himself. Are there any good books out there on the subject that I can get him before he blows a bunch of money on a mistake?
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Modern one or a real muzzleloader?

Link Posted: 1/4/2014 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
"The Complete Blackpowder handbook" by Sam Fadala
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The Kentucky Longrifle by John Dillon. Amazon has it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The Art of Building the Pennsylvania Longrifle
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Art of Building the Pennsylvania Longrifle
View Quote

Can't recommend it.  I have it, but it's too much for someone who just wants to get into smokepoles.  BTW, I like the Gunsmith of Grenville County better.  For caplock rifles, Ned Roberts' The Muzzle Loading Cap Lock Rifle is hard to put down.  It's a page turner and you will learn a lot of stuff that is also relevant to flintlocks.  I like Sam Fadala's book as a beginner book and it is readily available used (and cheaper because of it).
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"The Complete Blackpowder handbook" by Sam Fadala
View Quote

this...
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
http://traditionalmuzzleloadingcheap.com/forum/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top