Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2017 7:37:24 PM EDT
Anyone have any idea what this rifle may be worth?

I'm currently getting more info on it, but as of now, this is what I have.

Intact mum, dust cover, AA sights, monopod. Possibly a bayonet.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
IF everything is correct and real (lots of repro dust covers and monopods out there...), and it is a matching gun with mum...I would realistically think it would be worth $500 to $550, maybe more depending on series and maker...

Mummed AND Matching guns bring a real premium....

That being said, if it is a mismatch, but all the pieces are real, I would guess it would drop to about $400...

It hard to tell, the stock looks a little light, if it has been sanded, drops to about $300...

That's just my shot, YMMV...

ETA If it is matching all the numbers will match, receiver, nose cap, bolt and bolt parts, and the dust cover would be serialed too...
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IF everything is correct and real (lots of repro dust covers and monopods out there...), and it is a matching gun with mum...I would realistically think it would be worth $500 to $550, maybe more depending on series and maker...

Mummed AND Matching guns bring a real premium....

That being said, if it is a mismatch, but all the pieces are real, I would guess it would drop to about $400...

It hard to tell, the stock looks a little light, if it has been sanded, drops to about $300...

That's just my shot, YMMV...

ETA If it is matching all the numbers will match, receiver, nose cap, bolt and bolt parts, and the dust cover would be serialed too...
View Quote

Thanks, what specific things should ask ask for pics of?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Ask for good shots of the markings on the left side of the receiver, that will tell maker, series, and s/n...I have a Type 99 collector book based on Banzai research, so we can tell if the parts would be correct for that particular maker/series/serial...

Lots of guys might hang stuff on guns that ought not be there, like monopods and dust covers...

If you can get shots of at least the bolt s/n, nosecap (usually on the bottom or backside of bayo lug), and the number on the dust cover on the back "flange" flat....that would be helpful in determining if matching...some close ups of the stock....

Obviously the name of the game is to get it as cheap as possible....is there a price attached, or does he want an offer?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ask for good shots of the markings on the left side of the receiver, that will tell maker, series, and s/n...I have a Type 99 collector book based on Banzai research, so we can tell if the parts would be correct for that particular maker/series/serial...

Lots of guys might hang stuff on guns that ought not be there, like monopods and dust covers...

If you can get shots of at least the bolt s/n, nosecap (usually on the bottom or backside of bayo lug), and the number on the dust cover on the back "flange" flat....that would be helpful in determining if matching...some close ups of the stock....

Obviously the name of the game is to get it as cheap as possible....is there a price attached, or does he want an offer?
View Quote

Thanks, it belongs to a friend of another member here. I'll direct him to this thread.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Left side pic:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, its a Nagoya Arsenal gun, can't make out the series mark, its the little tiny mark to the right of the circle mark next to the serial number....
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, its a Nagoya Arsenal gun, can't make out the series mark, its the little tiny mark to the right of the circle mark next to the serial number....
View Quote

OK, I sent him a message.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top