Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2015 11:59:29 AM EDT
Just received my Jungle Carbine from AIM.  While the history has without argument been removed from this Malaysian service rifle, I'm still pretty happy with what I received.  I like what they did with the wood on this one.  Looks clean with just enough character left.  My only wish is that the stamps/serials/etc were more intact after they refinished and that the bolt would have been left unmolested.  You can tell underneath their refinish there's a whole life this rifle's been through, with quite a bit of corrosion underneath the wood line.  However...by some grace of God...this rifle's bore?  Actually shiny and near mint.  That's a true miracle considering the use of corrosive ammo in these.  It was priced right, got me back into an Enfield to get through the .303 Brit I have on hand, and I'll decide later if she's a worthy keeper after some time on the range.    Pics aren't the greatest, my phone is near the end with some trapped moisture in the camera...but here ya go.

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I really wanted one of those but I can never seem to time anything right. I saw they only had 8 so I understood why I missed the boat. That one looks really nice. Someday... someday.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really wanted one of those but I can never seem to time anything right. I saw they only had 8 so I understood why I missed the boat. That one looks really nice. Someday... someday.
View Quote

It was an impulse buy for me.  I had a authentic Malaysian-to-hell-to-back rifle last year from Old Western Scrounger and sold it in the Spring.  When I was digging through some ammo boxes, I found over 100 rounds of .303 Brit still.  Figured I needed a way to shoot it since no one wanted to buy the ammo.    These popped up on AIM last Friday and I said, "Hey...those jungle carbines are quite a bit of fun.  Why not get a plinker at that price again?"  There you have it...another God damned C&R rifle to the door that I didn't need.  

The to-hell rifle for ref:

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have always had an interest in the jungle carbines. Need to get one soon while they are still semi-cheap.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good to me!
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#5]
How's the bore?  My Malaysian was rough externally, but the bore is pristine and based on my slugging of the bore is still pretty tight.  I did have to replace the fore end and handguard, as much as I tried to keep them serviceable.  Luckily I found an original (i.e. not a converted No. 4) No. 5 stock set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top