Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2017 4:17:58 PM EDT
Grandpa had this rifle sitting for at least 30 years, He must have pulled the bolt and hidden it before he passed. Needles to say I'm trying to find one so my son can start shooting it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Some on eBay. 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some on eBay. 
View Quote

For more than an entire gun goes for on GB
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

For more than an entire gun goes for on GB
View Quote

That's the problem with free guns that need some work.  Numrich lists it for about $100 but of course they are out of stock.  Going to be an expensive project anyway you look at it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#4]
There is one on flea bay right now that is missing the cocking head for $50... and numrich lists the cocking head as in stock for $22
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Not an easy one to find, I went looking about 5 years ago and it took me over 18 months to find one and I found that at a local gunsmith who was closing up shop and had a surplus sale that I got lucky and dropped by to check out.

That said, be prepared, you might end up paying more for the bolt than you would a complete rifle, the parts are often times way more than what the whole is.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Grandpa had this rifle sitting for at least 30 years, He must have pulled the bolt and hidden it before he passed. Needles to say I'm trying to find one so my son can start shooting it.
View Quote

Can you look for it? My great-uncle once hid all his mags for his pistols in the return air vent for his central air unit. I found them.  

Old men hide shit in the most unlikely of places. One just has to think in an obscurely manner & look in every single possible hiding place.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Can you look for it? My great-uncle once hid all his mags for his pistols in the return air vent for his central air unit. I found them.  

Old men hide shit in the most unlikely of places. One just has to think in an obscurely manner & look in every single possible hiding place.

My .o2
View Quote

yes but it is completely impractical.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Tagged for later, may have one I bought years ago at Numrich.  I have several of the rifles and pick them up when I find them at reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tagged for later, may have one I bought years ago at Numrich.  I have several of the rifles and pick them up when I find them at reasonable prices.
View Quote

i'd gladly buy one off you....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top