Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/15/2014 5:02:24 PM EDT
22 ammo is out there, relatively easy to obtain, and I have enough.

I didn't see this whole 22 ammo thing coming. I had about 1,500 rounds when it started, so didn't need to shop for it for a while. By the time I did, it was nowhere to be found. Then I check opine and find assholes charging insane amounts for ammo!!! Really, I hate supporting that kind of bullshit. So, I kicked back, conserved a bit, and bought a couple boxes when they popped up.

They did pop up, and now they;re everywhere. True, many places I shop limit buyers to two boxes per visit, but just about everyone has it now. And it's reasonably-priced. I have never paid more than $.10rd (still expensive), but that was for stingers. Other stuff I paid about half that.  Gradually, over the past 6 or so months (once it started popping up again), I've been buying my two boxes per visit. I don't go out of my way to buy it, just do so when I visit sporting goods stores (Apparently, I visit a lot of sporting goods stores).

Anyhow, today I'm at a shop and pick up another two boxes of 22 Blazer at $2.59 a box. I think about it for a second and ask myself "do I really need this?". Still, I bought two boxes.  I then get home, and I started counting ammo... I pretty much gave up past 4,500rds. Yeah, that might not be a lot by hoarder/prepper standards, and I certainly have thousands of rounds of other calibers, but it's no longer really an issue for me.

Point is, I can now stop hoarding it. I'll leave it for the people who really need it, or the neckbearders to fucking choke on.

And a word on the neckbearders. Y'all fancy yourselves as American capitalists, but you are not. Instead, your are (insert your idea the most backwards-assed nation with their heads up their asses) capitalists. You don't build or make anything. You don't innovate or create. You don't even come up with new and creative ideas to swindle people. You just plop your asses in-between a seller and buyer, adding another layer to the process, to the disruption of all of the other layers. The only reason you do this, is because your time is so cheap (because you can't really do anything else useful). 3rd world bazaars, where people do similar things, are also better then you because those capitalists actually provide a service by bringing goods closer to buyers. So, neckbearders, I hope you're now willing to sit on all that ammo you've hoarded. Because you aint' getting more than you pains for it. Shit, you'll probably soon get less. I see Cabelas running sales with bricks of 22 at 25% off, of normal prices, soon. How much will you get for those boxes that you're selling out of the back of your van, at the flea market, then?

Made it through this shit without having to buy a round from one of you fuckers... now, I hope you choke on the shit you're hoarding.

Me, I'm done hoarding. Now onto shooting more!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
i feel you on that and am the same way. local shop had some in after like a 6 month drought. aguilla 22 7.49 a box ,jeepers, 80 and some change for the 500 round brick GTFOH. i bought two boxes since i have like 80 rounds of .22lr. I walked in once to find boxes of .22 lr wolf asked for a couple and was told they were all on hold for customers?! GTFOH!!!! so i  says hmm didnt know there was a cool guy list and asked to be put on it. never ever got a call. mind you i live in a town of 6000 people.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And a word on the neckbearders. Y'all fancy yourselves as American capitalists, but you are not. Instead, your are (insert your idea the most backwards-assed nation with their heads up their asses) capitalists. You don't build or make anything. You don't innovate or create. You don't even come up with new and creative ideas to swindle people. You just plop your asses in-between a seller and buyer, adding another layer to the process, to the disruption of all of the other layers. The only reason you do this, is because your time is so cheap (because you can't really do anything else useful). 3rd world bazaars, where people do similar things, are also better then you because those capitalists actually provide a service by bringing goods closer to buyers. So, neckbearders, I hope you're now willing to sit on all that ammo you've hoarded. Because you aint' getting more than you pains for it. Shit, you'll probably soon get less. I see Cabelas running sales with bricks of 22 at 25% off, of normal prices, soon. How much will you get for those boxes that you're selling out of the back of your van, at the flea market, then?

Made it through this shit without having to buy a round from one of you fuckers... now, I hope you choke on the shit you're hoarding.

View Quote

well said, sir, well said
scruff
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I was an old skool hoarder of .22 before hoarding was cool.  The last box of .22LR I bought was that Federal Auto Match 325 round box when Wally world was still charging Seven dollars and some change for it.  I have not participated in the .22 panic on either side of the gunshow table.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm with you.
I have a pretty good stock and have managed to focus on CCI which i have the least amount of problems with.
I check places like Gunbroker for shits and giggles just to see if the prices are coming down as opposed to whats sold online at the good retailers that didnt take advantage of their customers like so many else did. They still seem to be asking over double retail for Mini Mags as an example.Lol

It certainly seems to have begun the turn around of availability though.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to Bass Pro today just to see w.hat they had on the shelf.  
They had more .22 than I had ever seen in one place prior to today.
CCI 100 round packs , 300 round Choot Em boxes, the tan Federal Match 325 rounders,Thunderbolt,
and the Nitrogen packed weatherproof metal tin can of 325.
I picked up one of the Nitrogen Packed ones, gonna slap a Fancy Feast label on it and hide it in the pantry.
(17.99 for 325 rounds)

Yes I know it was very expensive, I bought it for the novelty of it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I am looking forward to the increased in store availability here in Ohio, with decent prices to boot. Who knows when it will happen for us. I have essentially had enough since the start of the panic, but I stopped shooting a brick of .22 a week like I did before. I refuse to shoot what I can't replace and I sure as hell wasn't going to pay 10-20 cents a round for .22lr, so I have just been avoiding the ranges recently. After the last couple weeks I have been able to find ammo I was willing to pay for and have thrown some rounds down range.

On a side note, I was in Wal-Mart the other day to check to see if anything was available. A guy a couple years older than me was in with his 12-13 year old daughter. I heard her say, "why are we going over there?" The father responded with, "I just want to check to see if they have any .22 in." His daughter got a little angry, and says, " But dad, you said you had 60,000 rounds at home. Maybe if you stopped selling it you could start shooting again."

The look on his face was hilarious, but I thought I was going to have to stop a child abuse incident. He got pretty freaking mad at her and told her to "Shut the F*** up, too many people are listening." Dude yanked her by the arm and they bolted.

What a dick.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I paid $14 per box of 50 and $10 per box of fifty for a while there. Of course it was Eley Tenex and Lapua Center-X, and that's far less than I've usually paid for the Tenex and the same I've always paid for the Center-X.

All the other stuff I shoot usually runs about $5-6 per box, (SK Standard+, RWS Target, Eley Target) and I've never paid inflated .22 prices because the higher quality stuff never really jumped up in price like the bulk pack HV stuff did. The availability went down, but the prices didn't change too much if you had some patience and knew where to look. I can't believe the prices people were paying for cheap bulk pack plinking ammo. Fuck that noise. I'm glad to see it's finally coming back around in most places.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Too funny!

I'm just glad I didn't have to buy a round from any of these assholes, nor will I. I hope they choke on their fucking ammo. And I hope they wind up having to seek it for significantly less than they paid for it.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am looking forward to the increased in store availability here in Ohio, with decent prices to boot. Who knows when it will happen for us. I have essentially had enough since the start of the panic, but I stopped shooting a brick of .22 a week like I did before. I refuse to shoot what I can't replace and I sure as hell wasn't going to pay 10-20 cents a round for .22lr, so I have just been avoiding the ranges recently. After the last couple weeks I have been able to find ammo I was willing to pay for and have thrown some rounds down range.

On a side note, I was in Wal-Mart the other day to check to see if anything was available. A guy a couple years older than me was in with his 12-13 year old daughter. I heard her say, "why are we going over there?" The father responded with, "I just want to check to see if they have any .22 in." His daughter got a little angry, and says, " But dad, you said you had 60,000 rounds at home. Maybe if you stopped selling it you could start shooting again."

The look on his face was hilarious, but I thought I was going to have to stop a child abuse incident. He got pretty freaking mad at her and told her to "Shut the F*** up, too many people are listening." Dude yanked her by the arm and they bolted.

What a dick.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What a dick.
View Quote

Good luck on that.   I am in a small town along the Ohio River and the same neckbeards continue to scoop up all .22LR ammo at 7:00 a.m. in the morning and then resell it in local flea markets.  They are in cahoots with the 350-pound, triple-chinned guy who runs the sporting goods counter at my local Walmart.  

It also does not help that these end-of-the-world survivalists are hoarding all the .22 LR ammo they can buy because they see .22 LR ammo as becoming a new currency that will replace dollars when the "great crash" comes that they constantly prepare for.  Hell, these guys even have their own tv series now on a cable channel.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, their profit margins are surely decreasing. Where I live, 22 availability has gotten to the point that I wouldn't pay a cent over MSRP. Where you live, sounds like it's still constrained. But the trend is moving against them. Sooner or later, the margins will get bad enough that they'll just give up.

Fuckers that they are!!!

Really, I hate these assholes. There's something about gouging 22 that pisses me off. This is the shit we shoot with our kids.  

Quoted:

Good luck on that.   I am in a small town along the Ohio River and the same neckbeards continue to scoop up all .22LR ammo at 7:00 a.m. in the morning and then resell it in local flea markets.  They are in cahoots with the 350-pound, triple-chinned guy who runs the sporting goods counter at my local Walmart.  

It also does not help that these end-of-the-world survivalists are hoarding all the .22 LR ammo they can buy because they see .22 LR ammo as becoming a new currency that will replace dollars when the "great crash" comes that they constantly prepare for.  Hell, these guys even have their own tv series now on a cable channel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a dick.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I sold the shit out of 22 and magazines during the panic. I also sold two brand new 6920s.

I used the money that I made as a part of the down payment on our new house. I never sold my supply below 25k, and have had some major scores since then. I shoot 22 like crazy, give it to friends and family, etc. I never paid much over $0.06/cpr for any of it other than match ammo, and still regret buying a 300rd box of CCI AR Tactical for $24. I almost took it back.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm still not finding any, not that I'm looking all that hard.

I swore off .22 until the panic was over.

I've only shot about 50 rounds of it in a year and a half.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I paid $14 per box of 50 and $10 per box of fifty for a while there. Of course it was Eley Tenex and Lapua Center-X, and that's far less than I've usually paid for the Tenex and the same I've always paid for the Center-X.

All the other stuff I shoot usually runs about $5-6 per box, (SK Standard+, RWS Target, Eley Target) and I've never paid inflated .22 prices because the higher quality stuff never really jumped up in price like the bulk pack HV stuff did. The availability went down, but the prices didn't change too much if you had some patience and knew where to look. I can't believe the prices people were paying for cheap bulk pack plinking ammo. Fuck that noise. I'm glad to see it's finally coming back around in most places.
View Quote

That actually seems low for some of the high-end stuff that's out there, good job
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
22 ammo is out there, relatively easy to obtain, and I have enough.

I didn't see this whole 22 ammo thing coming. I had about 1,500 rounds when it started, so didn't need to shop for it for a while. By the time I did, it was nowhere to be found. Then I check opine and find assholes charging insane amounts for ammo!!! Really, I hate supporting that kind of bullshit. So, I kicked back, conserved a bit, and bought a couple boxes when they popped up.

They did pop up, and now they;re everywhere. True, many places I shop limit buyers to two boxes per visit, but just about everyone has it now. And it's reasonably-priced. I have never paid more than $.10rd (still expensive), but that was for stingers. Other stuff I paid about half that.  Gradually, over the past 6 or so months (once it started popping up again), I've been buying my two boxes per visit. I don't go out of my way to buy it, just do so when I visit sporting goods stores (Apparently, I visit a lot of sporting goods stores).

Anyhow, today I'm at a shop and pick up another two boxes of 22 Blazer at $2.59 a box. I think about it for a second and ask myself "do I really need this?". Still, I bought two boxes.  I then get home, and I started counting ammo... I pretty much gave up past 4,500rds. Yeah, that might not be a lot by hoarder/prepper standards, and I certainly have thousands of rounds of other calibers, but it's no longer really an issue for me.

Point is, I can now stop hoarding it. I'll leave it for the people who really need it, or the neckbearders to fucking choke on.

View Quote

1500 rds when it started? There's more than that in my misc 22 scrap can.  Paid $300 for 5K of blazer last month. Your point is ?

Just to clarify before you reply. We don't sell ammo, EVER. . The last time we decided to off 500 rounds, it was donated to our ranges 4H program.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:09:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm still ok, but getting lower than I'd like and .22 LR is impossible to find here in Las Vegas.  My nearest Walmart started stocking ammo shelves at random times, so the neckbeards started coming in early in the morning and sitting in the store all day long to buy it all up.

I thought I had more than enough stocked, but when it is finally relatively easy to get again I'll be buying a 6 digit number of rounds of .22 LR so I'll not have to worry about it again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#16]
22LR is still not to be found here.  I work in a gun store, and I am CONSTANTLY asked, both on the phone and in store, if we have any 22.  Customers from all walks of life - young, old, professional types, etc... are looking for this stuff.  I'm guessing it will be another year or more before stock stabilizes around here.   The rare occasion we do get some in, it's gone in hours usually.  I've got piles of guns chambered in 22LR though... hard to sell a gun that shoots a caliber not readily available
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#17]
My local gander mountain actually had some on the shelves about 2 weeks ago. That was the first ammo I have seen on a shelf in my area in almost a year. I have a walmart, gander, dicks sporting goods, and 2 lgs to shop at. Everything I have purchased in the last year had been online. Plus I am keeping a couple hunting/reloading buddies stocked up as well. And I should be getting my pistol permit this month and will be investing in a .22 pistol. So my .22 buying is far from over unfortunately.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Was buying 22 for years before the panic, add one more zero to your final number, that's where I am when it started, still shot when I wanted, helped out some friends when it was really hard to get.

Only time I ever paid .08c round for 22lr was for match ammo.  

Did pick up 2-3 cases 6 months before the panic, the federal 525 were on sale at a store opening, people were getting guns and one or two boxes, I asked if their was a limit and they said no so I said I 'would like 3 cases. Buddies where all saying why get that much?

Because its 18.97 at walmart and I am saving $4 box.

They later wanted me to sell them boxes for $25.

If you find it cheap stack it deep. "used to have the dreams about running out of ammo, only way I have found to get them to stop."

I think the going rate now is .08$

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My local gander mountain actually had some on the shelves about 2 weeks ago. That was the first ammo I have seen on a shelf in my area in almost a year. I have a walmart, gander, dicks sporting goods, and 2 lgs to shop at. Everything I have purchased in the last year had been online. Plus I am keeping a couple hunting/reloading buddies stocked up as well. And I should be getting my pistol permit this month and will be investing in a .22 pistol. So my .22 buying is far from over unfortunately.
View Quote

2 or 3 months ago, my gander mt had CCI stand velocity, my flavor of choice.

Limit of 5 boxes.  Guy said, you are buying a gun, get as much as you want.

So I got 2 bricks, 1000 total for $99.

I was happy.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Anyhow, today I'm at a shop and pick up another two boxes of 22 Blazer at $2.59 a box.
View Quote

I wish I could find 50rd boxes of Blazer .22 for $2.59/50 or $25.90/500...I'd buy at least 2000.  Haven't seen a box of Blazer in Vegas in quite some time.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I was happy.

TXL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was happy.

TXL

$50 per brick  Damn i could sell my 22 @$18 per 550 and still make money. Ain't happening.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#22]
22 is starting to show up around here finally. Trouble is its never the same stuff twice.
I've noticed the Neckbeard Gang is no longer at Wal-Mart in the mornings now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I wish I could find 50rd boxes of Blazer .22 for $2.59/50 or $25.90/500...I'd buy at least 2000.  Haven't seen a box of Blazer in Vegas in quite some time.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyhow, today I'm at a shop and pick up another two boxes of 22 Blazer at $2.59 a box.

Yep, nothing to be found without camping in a store here in Vegas in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Came home and found a cabelas box with a 300 pack of CCI ChootEm mini mags.
I can't even remember how long ago that backorder was from.
So i guess that's a good sign.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
CCI 100 round packs , 300 round Choot Em boxes, the tan Federal Match 325 rounders,Thunderbolt,
I picked up one of the Nitrogen Packed ones, gonna slap a Fancy Feast label on it and hide it in the pantry.
(17.99 for 325 rounds)

View Quote

Are you in SW Florida? Mine had the same offerings. It's good to see it making a comeback.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#26]
in all honesty I have enough to last a while, around 5-6k rounds

but like most everyone else i bought it after the 2008 panic happend. at cabelas about a year ago i stumbled across an ammo can of .22lr that was 2100 rounds for $92 so I picked up a can of it.

I dont shoot .22 as much as I uest to so i really dont buy it unless i see it for "normal" price in which case i just replace what i shot at the last outing

I started reloading a while back and honestly i have more fun shooting reloads for full size calibers than .22 and with the crazyness I can reload pistol rounds for the same price as what some people want for .22 so whats the point?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#27]
For me finding .22 became a quest.
Last summer my daughter started shooting and fell in love with a S&W 15-22.
I was running around from place to place to find ammo to feed the 15-22.
Managed to keep enough on hand for her.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I just wish I could easily find subsonic. People are trying so hard to pick up anything they can that they're buying that stuff up, too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I was happy.

TXL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was happy.

TXL

CCI SV is my favorite 22LR ammo too, but I'd wait for better prices to come back before spending $50/brick. Wasn't so long ago I was buying it at $25/brick. Last price I paid was around $28/brick at the end of 2012. That was the last time I bought 22LR.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#30]
It hasn't come back here yet at all. I don't get into stores to look for it that often, but any time I step into a Walmart or any other store that would carry it, I look for it. I have no intentions of buying yet, but I just want to see if it's coming back. So far, it has not.

I have a good bit stocked up, but as others have said, I'm hesitant to shoot what I can't replace. I used to shoot a lot of CCI SV. A brick every week or two wasn't uncommon. I've probably not gone through more than three bricks this whole year so far. A few years ago before I stopped shopping at Dick's, I used to buy up some CCI SV every time I walked in there. I shot a lot of it, bought way more than I was using, but figured "buy it now or buy it later", either way I'll use it eventually. I'm still working on that supply.

I think we're going to see a few tiers of 22LR purchasers though that will keep things from really getting back to normal for a while. We had the people who were willing to pay 4x as much as they should for it. Eventually that will end. But there are people like me and some others I see in this thread that will wait this out, but if things ever get back to normal I will probably buy a ton of it so I'm more comfortable the next time this happens.

Right now though, on the very rare occasion I have seen it for sale in say Walmart (maybe twice since the beginning of 2013), I didn't buy it. Figured I didn't really need it, and maybe some dad looking for rimfire for his kids to shoot might get it before the neckbeards do. I know I've personally had a new shooter out in the past couple of months who really loved my CZ Kadets. It pained me to see that 22LR get used up at a high rate, but I let it go for the sake of a new shooter.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What a dick.

Talk to the General Manager. He/She will end that.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Are you in SW Florida? Mine had the same offerings. It's good to see it making a comeback.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
(17.99 for 325 rounds)

I was at that same one tonight, right off of Alico.  Bought a brick of ChootEm at 7:30 p.m.  The last time I saw a brick of .22LR at that time of day was about 2 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#33]
I pick up what I can find, but I am a redistribute point for some of my friends. I don't charge anything for it and even show the receipt when they ask. I live near 3 store who pretty much keep it in stock now, and I've got about 5K sitting around for me personally. They only thing I keep now are subsonics when I can find those. Those have not been easy to get around these parts. I give it another year or so and it'll be back to pre-panic status
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I was in a Walmart and a sporting goods stores today; only rimfire I saw was some .17HMR and .22 shorts at the sporting goods place.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:32:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I've seen some on the shelf at the LGS but it was pricey.  If I was hard up I would buy but I'm not.  I'll wait until I see prices come back down to earth before I consider buying local again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:51:26 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm off during the week so I can hit stores regularly.  I hit panic mode and made it a quest to build 10,000 rds.  I hit that and then some. So I sold some off. I hit more again at gander mountain the last few days. They got a shipment so big, they split it over three days.  I got 1500 federal bulk 3 days in a row..

I'm up to a little over 20,000 rds now. I think I'm done. I'll just keep what I have now and it should last several years.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm off during the week so I can hit stores regularly.  I hit panic mode and made it a quest to build 10,000 rds.  I hit that and then some. So I sold some off. I hit more again at gander mountain the last few days. They got a shipment so big, they split it over three days.  I got 1500 federal bulk 3 days in a row..

I'm up to a little over 20,000 rds now. I think I'm done. I'll just keep what I have now and it should last several years.
View Quote

Got any subsonic you want to get rid of?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#38]
This past week a new Bass Pro Shop opened near me. I was able to pick up enough .22 to have some spare and go to the
range again.  They had CCI in 300 round boxes for 21$.  I hope they can keep their supply I would like to stock up on
.22 magnum.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Between subsonic and standard velocity I have about 1,000. I'm holding on to those for when I get a 22 supressor. Gander mountain had a lot of standard velocity, but it was $4.99 for 50. Nobody was buying at that price.. 6 or 7 cent a round is my cut off, even for cci.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#40]
I had less than 1,000 rounds on hand when the panic hit.  I have not bought ONE round from neckbearders or paid their prices.  I now have close to 11,000 rounds on hand.  Just buying a box here and a box there.  I still shoot when I want, and typically go through about a brick and a half per month but restock it just about as easily as I came on it.  

This board is famous for their pro capitalism stance but when that shit is actually hurting the shooting community I don't care what you call it I don't like it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I was an old skool hoarder of .22 before hoarding was cool.  The last box of .22LR I bought was that Federal Auto Match 325 round box when Wally world was still charging Seven dollars and some change for it.  I have not participated in the .22 panic on either side of the gunshow table.
View Quote

Pretty close to this.  I started many moons ago, and ended up north of 50K.  Now I subscribe to the "shoot and replace" method, but only when the price isn't prohibitive.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow. I still can't find .22 at all where I'm at in Tennessee..... well at least in Walmart, Gander Mountain and LGS.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Wow. I still can't find .22 at all where I'm at in Tennessee..... well at least in Walmart, Gander Mountain and LGS.
View Quote

Same here, its hen's teeth. I think the scalpers are still operating heavily here. I went to a Dick's thatjust opened the day before (grand opening) and the counter dude said that two older guys came in first thing and cleaned them out. Assholes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Same here, its hen's teeth. I think the scalpers are still operating heavily here. I went to a Dick's thatjust opened the day before (grand opening) and the counter dude said that two older guys came in first thing and cleaned them out. Assholes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries.  You can buy it from the two older guys at your local gun show.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, and it will only cost 4x what they paid.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Still not much around here.  I have had good luck with ordering from cabelas.  Scored 2100 rounds of federal last week for $110 shipped.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Have seen .22 ammo at Wal-Mart exactly once since March, and that was about a month ago. Of course it was too late by the time I got to the counter. There's plenty of .22 ammo to be found at gun shows, but I'll be damned if I pay $50 or more per brick for it. Just yesterday I got an e-mail from SG Ammo stating they had .22 ammo back in stock. 100 round packs of high velocity Winchester Super-X for $10.95 each or $9.95 for ten. No thanks. Of course it was sold out. As long as the neckbeards buy it up at those prices it will never come back down to reasonable levels.

I can do without shooting my rimfire guns, but my kids like it so much I hate not having more ammo. I've only got about 4,000 rounds total, and I had about 150 rounds when the panic hit. But I will not pay .10 per round for .22 ammo.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Must be nice. Zero .22 to be found here. Once every couple of months or so I get lucky and can get the daily limit of two 40-round boxes from Running's.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Still very hard to find in New York - the law passed last year prohibits private sale and ship of ammo here - all ammo sales have to go through an ffl now. A new cabela's opened and they had some on the shelf in the grand opening week but none since. Our wal mart has a laminated sign they put out on the counter no 22's in stock. I stop on e every couple weeks and have never in the last two years seen the counter free of that sign. One dealer is charging scalper price of 6 bucks a box and people are buying it as it is the only supply around. We have very few dealers here ( thanks to severe gun control laws that are just getting worse) so out options are limited. I try to buy some when on road trips out of state as everywhere supply seems to be better than here
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I have 2.5K of .22lr ammo and I'm content with that.

Of all my stashed calibers, I stash .22 the least.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top