Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2014 7:58:21 AM EDT
I've been looking to upgrade from a chicom chest rig to something a little more modern for my AK.

On ebay I've found a ghost tac chest rig for $30 with free shipping. It's made of 1000d cordura, holds 8 mags and has 2 side pockets and a map pouch. Is this any good? Or is it on the same level as Ncstar/VISM? I've been also looking at an SADF m83 but that is $42 after shipping, i'm sure it's a much nicer piece of kit, however is it worth the extra cash (i'm sure it is) on a budget?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
For $30, I'd bet quality is on the low side. Also, 8 mags? Analyze your needs and requirements and determine if you really need to be hauling that much. If you haven't, peruse the picture threads and get an idea of what other people are doing and you should be able to see what would work better for you.

SADF kit is of good quality, but you may be better served by something more suited to your specific needs rather than a preset configuration.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
If those are your two choices,go with the SADF rig all the way. It is a good piece of gear that will work with most rifle mags.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
For $42 bucks I'm guessing he's referring to those knockoff South African vests that are all over the airsoft sites.

OP, get a zippered FLC vest off ebay for under $20. Then set it up how YOU need it to be set up. It'll last far longer than the chest rig you mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I agree 8 mags is a little much. If i can carry 6 i'm happy.

The SADF is $35 on ebay with $7 shipping, and it appears to be authentic.

I will not go with an FLC because they are too big for me, I bought one at a garage sale years ago for $1, if it worked i'd have it set up by now, but thanks for the suggestion.

So should I jump for the M83 SADF in this case?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
You can always sell/trade it later on if you get something else.
Of course I am biased.......
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a small framed guy, how small does the M83 get around? From end to end?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I can measure it when I get home.

ETA- It measures 23" x 9".
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, it'll fit me for sure if I can sinch it down that small.

I'll be ordering one soon hopefully.
ETA: Ordered an M83 this morning, thanks everybody.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top