Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 160
Posted: 4/25/2011 4:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42]
Unless I've come down with a case of the 'tard, I can't for the life of me find a 'Post pics of your plate carrier setup' thread...? I searched with all my team powers but couldn't find one?

If there is none, I will post mine up and start one- or does anyone know where it went? I coulda sworn I've seen one?

ETA: Not talking about chest rigs, or 'gear' in general. I'm talking about strictly plate carriers.

ETA2: One other person can't find one either; so that must mean this is none! THIS IS NOW A PLATE CARRIER THREAD!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Please BE SURE to post specs if you join in! Including Plates inside!

With chest rig attached:

Chest rig detached:

Velocity Systems LWPC in MC with two triple-curve plates by RMR tactical inside.

Chest rig is clipped on using the Velocity Systems 'Swift Clip' Attachment system. Chest rig is a TT mini-mav with a triple mag shingle, and two modded Eagle FB pistol mag pouches on each side (modded to fit double stack glock mags). Pouch in front is a MSM Admin pouch.

I LOVE this PC because I can not only have a chest rig attached, but also use it under clothing as a low-pro carrier.

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sconnieVLP:

I don’t like having anything buckled to the back of my PC as I’m usually in and out of vehicles a lot. If I need more than the cases of water in the truck or am going to be away for a bit I’ll just put a throw a Camelbak on. If I need to carry stuff I just put the Camelbak in my ruck or assault pack.
View Quote

Sounds like a good idea, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 12:26:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macchina] [#2]
Originally Posted By Croak:

Define cheap-ish?

The RDR Gear MSP is a pretty good value.
View Quote

$125 is not cheapish to me.  I was thinking around $60.  I don't want something like Condor but don't need it to be super customizable with inserts, etc.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Macchina:

$125 is not cheapish to me.  I was thinking around $60.  I don't want something like Condor but don't need it to be super customizable with inserts, etc.
View Quote

I have yet to find anything in that price range.
Maybe WTF has something,  but otherwise they are coming from manufacturers that cost, or you're going to have to put it together piecemeal and pay for it that way.

You might try to find a 3mag placard with molle and add from there. Try HSGI
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 4:36:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#4]
AOR-2 is the new Multicam Black.

New cummerbund on order from MOS Tactical. Also ordered a bunch of pouches in AOR-2 off of eBay.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 3:19:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Note the TQ sleeve at the bottom and the elastic loops on the sides of the placard. Shaw Concepts put some through into this.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210820_224241623_jpg-2059972.JPG

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? @Esstac-

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210820_223838524_jpg-2059976.JPG
View Quote

I'll echo that request.

@Esstac- can you make a variant of the triple 5.56 kywi placard that has side loops for tubes buckles and a bottom elastic TQ sleeve? Pretty please?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#7]
AOR-2 is the new Multicam Black.
View Quote

That is nice!

Is there a decent selection of AOR-2 stuff out there yet?
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SCR556:

That is nice!

Is there a decent selection of AOR-2 stuff out there yet?
View Quote

eBay has a ton of Eagle Kydex pistol/M4 pouches, IFAKs, radio, GP, and various combos.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:04:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flgfish] [#9]
Seems like a good place for a PSA:  Trex Arms has some more AC-Uno carriers in stock.  
Paired with a set of $300 L210s from them, it's a solid entry or truck setup.
I bought one just to have a second kit.  I'll test it against my Slickster & offer some opinions after I get it.  Why have one when you can have two at twice the price?
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

How are there more AC-Unos if he's fixed the production promise and they've been sold out?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

How are there more AC-Unos if he's fixed the production promise and they've been sold out?

Here’s the text of the email I got from them.  Sorry if the formatting sucks, I’m just cutting and pasting. It was titled “The unexpected return of the AC-Uno”.

As you probably know, on April 1, we announced the “AC-Uno” – a potentially foreign-made version of our AC-1, and how we told the story of a manufacturer that tried to make a quick buck by outsourcing across the border.
We are now ready to disclose the next chapter in the story – and if you are getting this email, you have an exclusive shot at getting another AC-Uno. To read about what happened, you can go to the following link: T.REX ARMS Inc. v. IB Design, LLC and John Lawton
Essentially, with the conclusion of our lawsuit, we found ourselves sitting on a bunch of stuff John Lawton had made for us, none of which we had previously thought existed, but all of it of suspected foreign manufacture.
If you are getting this email, you were on the email waitlist for the AC1 on April 1. As you may remember, the demand for the AC-Uno broke our servers. You may not have previously been able to order. We are recreating the sale we had on April 1st for that original waitlist: AC-Unos for $140, L210s for 20% off. You can find the AC-Unos at the following link:
The AC-Uno
While we've been working through our lawsuit with John Lawton, we’ve also been getting the AC1 manufacturing spun up with a new manufacturer. If you’d prefer an American made carrier, we will have some available in September.

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: No-Me-Pises] [#12]
Originally Posted By Space-Cadet:

I'll echo that request.

@Esstac- can you make a variant of the triple 5.56 kywi placard that has side loops for tubes buckles and a bottom elastic TQ sleeve? Pretty please?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I have tubes on my Daedon. I have the mostactical tube cummerbund kit velcroed underneath the d3crm and can swap to the esstac triple 556 placard I also have or run slick and not have to worry about keeping the placard on to use the quick release tubes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By armoredman:
I see all the cool setups and think..."I need more money!"

What is everyone favorite hydration setup with a PC, or not at all?
View Quote
I have the esstac hydration pouch with 3L source bladder. its a bit pricy but its exactly what I needed to attach to my velocity LEPC as rear mounting options are limited.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Macchina:

View Quote
well you probably wont even get condor for that cheap these days. so break bread.  esstac is the only placard I run. sold my haley rig as the mag pouches suck compared to kywi. its pretty much the only option IMO.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 7:40:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: No-Me-Pises] [#15]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
well you probably wont even get condor for that cheap these days. so break bread.  esstac is the only placard I run. sold my haley rig as the mag pouches suck compared to kywi. its pretty much the only option IMO.
View Quote

@slappomatt

The triple pouch roo from coyote tactical offers an option to have esstac Kywis included and fits nicely in the Haley d3crm. That’s what I’m running on my rig pictured above. I’m thinking of removing the bungee cords since the kywis do a good job of holding the mags in place and I don’t really need the bungee cords.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the esstac hydration pouch with 3L source bladder. its a bit pricy but its exactly what I needed to attach to my velocity LEPC as rear mounting options are limited.
View Quote

Good link, thanks. They are quite proud of them, aren't they? But I have heard nothing but good about Esstac. I think I will buy a separate camelbak style setup with a small cargo capacity as well, and see if that works for cheaper. I know, it's like going to war with stamped steel spears instead of forged ones. They have one down at CAL Ranch for about $40 with bladder included, so when payday hits that's on the list.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I want that AOR-2 pattern now.  Anyone selling them commercially?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Good link, thanks. They are quite proud of them, aren't they? But I have heard nothing but good about Esstac. I think I will buy a separate camelbak style setup with a small cargo capacity as well, and see if that works for cheaper. I know, it's like going to war with stamped steel spears instead of forged ones. They have one down at CAL Ranch for about $40 with bladder included, so when payday hits that's on the list.
View All Quotes

The Esstac hydration pouch is fantastic. I use one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:18:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#20]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

That looks great.

View Quote

Thanks. I actually think it works a bit better than Multicam in North GA.

Originally Posted By jjgrappler:
View Quote

Orbital Tactical

Some of the pouches ordered from eBay showed up so I started building out the PC. I also cut the front kangaroo flap off and replaced with a WTF SwiftClip laser cut MOLLE placard.

Attachment Attached File

Anyone have any experience with Eagle Industries Kydex magazine pouches? They are a lot bulkier than Esstac's offerings but offer good retention and additional retention via stowable flaps. I have a few more of these inbound that I am looking forward to testing out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Orbital Tactical

Some of the pouches ordered from eBay showed up so I started building out the PC. I also cut the front kangaroo flap off and replaced with a WTF SwiftClip laser cut MOLLE placard.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210903_000531525_jpg-2075974.JPG

Anyone have any experience with Eagle Industries Kydex magazine pouches? They are a lot bulkier than Esstac's offerings but offer good retention and additional retention via stowable flaps. I have a few more of these inbound that I am looking forward to testing out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lancelot:

That looks great.

Originally Posted By jjgrappler:

Orbital Tactical

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20210903_000531525_jpg-2075974.JPG

That's what I use on my 1911 belts. I like having flaps just in case I want them.

Great retention without them. The M9 pouches actually work ok with 1911 mags as well
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Been getting a lot of questions on AOR-2 pouch availability. Just received my second eBay order and I haven't even scratched the surface of the mil surplus in AOR-2.

I'd like to find a dump pouch but other than that, I'm good with what is out there.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/4/2021 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I am looking to get another PC.  I currently have an SKD PIG with a Haley DC3RX rigged up to it.  I use this mostly for run and gun comps.  Looking at the PCs in this thread it looks like all of the newer stuff is only big enough to handle 3 mags across the front.  Are there any PCs out there that I can slap a DC3RX to without it overhanging into the cumberbund?  I guess what I'm asking is, is there a PC with enough of a velcro panel to securely hold the Haley?  Just from the pics I'm seeing it doesn't look like it.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#25]
All I currently have are steel plates in a basic Point Blank carrier.

Boss is letting me and another guy rock our carriers at work for a day next week. It's honestly a bet to see who can last the longest in steel plates.

Work at a gun shop, so it won't be too crazy of a look. I have a feeling after a work shift, I'll be having thoughts about the carrier and what things I might want to think about changing, like the heavy steel plates for something lighter.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By slims_88:

Boss is letting me and another guy rock our carriers at work for a day next week. It's honestly a bet to see who can last the longest in steel plates.

Work at a gun shop, so it won't be too crazy of a look. I have a feeling after a work shift, I'll be having thoughts about the carrier and what things I might want to think about changing, like the heavy steel plates for something lighter.
View Quote

Just sayin'
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Wearing-the-kit-in-public-/10-526794/
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By camarofrk:
Are there any PCs out there that I can slap a DC3RX to without it overhanging into the cumberbund?  I guess what I'm asking is, is there a PC with enough of a velcro panel to securely hold the Haley?  Just from the pics I'm seeing it doesn't look like it.  Thanks for the help.
View Quote

I have the original generation Agilite K19 PC.  And I have no problem attaching a HSP D3CRX to it via clips.  On the new/current generation K19 that has Velcro on the lower front, I have no doubt it will also handle that chest rig.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JustinOK34:

Just sayin'

That is funny as fuck. Our thought process of endurance challenge wearing steel all day now seems a tad tarded.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#29]

That is funny as fuck. Our thought process of endurance challenge wearing steel all day now seems a tad tarded.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JustinOK34:

Just sayin'

Go for a run on a day off. Loser buys the beer
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 11:16:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#30]
Gotta sling the thing around the plates...

Like. Lots.

Back to carrier thread.

Edit: better pic in am. Sling is noice. Really noice
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:05:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pleaforwar] [#31]
nvm, figured what I'm gonna get
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Gotta sling the thing around the plates...

Like. Lots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmwTMgLuVAo

Back to carrier thread.

Edit: better pic in am. Sling is noice. Really noice
View Quote

My wife showed me this video back in July I think.  Pretty cool sling, just not in the budget.

Also, she mentioned that Warrior Poet seemed to not think highly of tubes for the cummerbund.  Anyone know what video he may have said that in?
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:40:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#33]
8 mile run
Attachment Attached File

Should be getting a new cummerbund with tubes this week.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By camarofrk:
I am looking to get another PC.  I currently have an SKD PIG with a Haley DC3RX rigged up to it.  I use this mostly for run and gun comps.  Looking at the PCs in this thread it looks like all of the newer stuff is only big enough to handle 3 mags across the front.  Are there any PCs out there that I can slap a DC3RX to without it overhanging into the cumberbund?  I guess what I'm asking is, is there a PC with enough of a velcro panel to securely hold the Haley?  Just from the pics I'm seeing it doesn't look like it.  Thanks for the help.
View Quote

I have the Micro and Heavy I can swap between.  Seems to work just fine on my JPC 2.0.  I'm not an operator though

Link Posted: 9/10/2021 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#36]
I have run a lot of PC’s over the last 10 years, some because I had to (uniform Nazi’s) and some because I wanted to try them out.
I have yet to find one more comfortable for sustained ops than the Daeodon. Always come back to that and my trusty LBB for non-armor stuff, even though the LBB contains a rear plate carrier so it technically belongs in this thread

I just ordered my Third Daeodon today, I gave my first Daeodon-M to my son during his visit last week. (Happy B day!)

LBB

Older pic of original Daeodon (this one had side armor)

Sorry for the sterile pics, imageshack lost a bunch of my images - working to recover them.

Now that I am moving into the twilight of my carrier and buying my own shit is a priority, I know I won’t buy anything else except Stu’s shit.

Thanks for your service Stu and Crew
Cp
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Veritas carrier.esstac mag pouches ( getting one more soon,).  RMA 1155 plates.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Huge sale on LBT plate carriers rite now. Just purchased SRT.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 1:48:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#39]
Hmmm, so far I'm not a huge fan of this set up.

The stock photo at coyote tactical I guess does show the front Velcro as wider than the cummerbund itself. I guess it didn't click that it would overlap the Velcro on the carrier. The rear Velcro is the same width so it's fine.

The other thing I don't like is the tq pouch is not fully covered. Not a deal breaker though.

I guess I'll just cut the Velcro and throw a seam on the edge.

Also not sure why they use a black tube on coyote.

Solid meh
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Nightstalker32:
Veritas carrier.esstac mag pouches ( getting one more soon,).  RMA 1155 plates.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/450399/PXL_20210910_184838147_jpg-2086322.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/450399/PXL_20210910_184804947_jpg-2086323.JPG
View Quote

Curious...were you in 3/8? If so, when? Love the Green Digi Cammie setup. Was that issued, along with your name tape?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

Curious...were you in 3/8? If so, when? Love the Green Digi Cammie setup. Was that issued, along with your name tape?
View Quote

Yeah. Was in 3/8 India co. 2008/09.
Most of our team leaders bought those patches. Vest is a veritas from ar500.  Vest is ranger green.  Then I messed up and bought the coyote cummerbund.   Said fk it and went with all coyote for everything else.  Basically the vest colors are from a mistake/ my impulsiveness.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Hmmm, so far I'm not a huge fan of this set up.

The stock photo at coyote tactical I guess does show the front Velcro as wider than the cummerbund itself. I guess it didn't click that it would overlap the Velcro on the carrier. The rear Velcro is the same width so it's fine.

The other thing I don't like is the tq pouch is not fully covered. Not a deal breaker though.

I guess I'll just cut the Velcro and throw a seam on the edge.

Also not sure why they use a black tube on coyote.

Solid meh
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/IMG_20210911_133724_2_jpg-2086634.JPG
View Quote

Much better
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Work in progress, drawing up comms setup now, DMR with encryption.

Left panel is being used as a built in IFAK, adding more just still sorting through my med stash. Right is utility.

Dedicated Note 9 with offline NAV stuff and ATAK. Besides that just needs a few other essential accessories and identifiers.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GHOS7:

Left panel is being used as a built in IFAK, adding more just still sorting through my med stash. Right is utility.

Dedicated Note 9 with offline NAV stuff and ATAK. Besides that just needs a few other essential accessories and identifiers.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/443802/20210915_143811_jpg-2091902.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/443802/20210915_142422_jpg-2091903.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Nice...  Is there an ATAK info thread somewhere?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#47]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/443802/20210915_143811_jpg-2091902.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/443802/20210915_142422_jpg-2091903.JPG
View Quote

Who makes the two admin pouches up front?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Andrewc_c:

Who makes the two admin pouches up front?
View Quote

They are built into the carrier if it is the one I think it is.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#49]
The front panel is the HRT Maximus placard. Pretty good bang for buck imo.

I'm remember there being an ATAK thread here on arfcom going as far back as a year or two ago. Not sure if it's still active though.
Definitely something we should keep in the tool box and spread around the 2A community. At the very least you can share maps and overlays with others.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Setting up the lightweight kit I mentioned a few pages ago.

Went with the LV-119 w/MK4. Plates are on order. Thinking about going with a WTF back panel for hydration.

I like it a lot. Thanks to all who provided feedback for my questions.

Attachment Attached File

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top