Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 160
Posted: 4/25/2011 4:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: the-answer-is-42]
Unless I've come down with a case of the 'tard, I can't for the life of me find a 'Post pics of your plate carrier setup' thread...? I searched with all my team powers but couldn't find one?

If there is none, I will post mine up and start one- or does anyone know where it went? I coulda sworn I've seen one?

ETA: Not talking about chest rigs, or 'gear' in general. I'm talking about strictly plate carriers.

ETA2: One other person can't find one either; so that must mean this is none! THIS IS NOW A PLATE CARRIER THREAD!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Please BE SURE to post specs if you join in! Including Plates inside!

With chest rig attached:

Chest rig detached:

Velocity Systems LWPC in MC with two triple-curve plates by RMR tactical inside.

Chest rig is clipped on using the Velocity Systems 'Swift Clip' Attachment system. Chest rig is a TT mini-mav with a triple mag shingle, and two modded Eagle FB pistol mag pouches on each side (modded to fit double stack glock mags). Pouch in front is a MSM Admin pouch.

I LOVE this PC because I can not only have a chest rig attached, but also use it under clothing as a low-pro carrier.

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
know what page the pics are on?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Revision Number whatever....

Pretty sure the tubes gotta go...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

Thanks

Nah I just thought the flag patch has a ton of that light brown color in the pattern and it really stands out against everything else that's more of the greens and darker browns.  Plates are the LAPG level III.
View Quote

I suppose that's luck of the draw to some extent.  Where did you get it?  I picked this one up at OP Tactical.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

I suppose that's luck of the draw to some extent.  Where did you get it?  I picked this one up at OP Tactical.

https://i.imgur.com/HEWTkK5.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks

Nah I just thought the flag patch has a ton of that light brown color in the pattern and it really stands out against everything else that's more of the greens and darker browns.  Plates are the LAPG level III.

Yup, that's where I got mine.

Last year I had the opposite problem with a skin for my iPhone

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#6]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58021/1F564372-59E9-4FE5-B06F-33A4BFF9B735-1718823.jpg
View All Quotes

Thanks

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58021/1F564372-59E9-4FE5-B06F-33A4BFF9B735-1718823.jpg

You could go straight to the source and ask if they can do a hand select.

Spartan Village
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Which tube conversion kit is that?
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Caniac_Nation:

All this stuff about “training.” I’ve previously trained Krav Maga but not tactical stuff. Not trying to hijack the thread, but out of curiosity, how are you doing training in a carrier? Are you traveling and taking classes from operators to learn how to clear rooms, quick mag change, and kick in doors?

If I showed up at the range at my shooting club in a carrier, I’d look and feel like a wannabe operator tool box.
View Quote

It's past time to change your attitude.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:41:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#9]
Originally Posted By TATBME:

View Quote

It's not a conversion.  It's an MOS Tactical 3 Band First Spear Tube Skeletonized Cummerbund

Bad news.  That price is not for a pair.  But it's quality work and quality materials.  

More info here.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#10]

It's not a conversion.  It's an MOS Tactical 3 Band First Spear Tube Skeletonized Cummerbund

Bad news.  That price is not for a pair.  But it's quality work and quality materials.  

More info here.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TATBME:

More info here.

Dat DNC tho
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Dat DNC tho
View Quote

Old, largely obsolete for its intended purpose, and dead sexy.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:18:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: snackgunner] [#12]
Anyone got a medium Ferro concepts v5 Multicam carrier they’d trade for a large MC? Or trade their medium in MC  for a medium in black
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 12:14:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#13]
Do not... I repeat... DO NOT... Go to Arbor Arms USA. It is a black hole of web gear doo dads that you're going to end up drunk-buying at 3 o'clock in the morning.

I just spent an hour looking at 87,000 different ways of mounting my HT to my plate carrier.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

EDIT:

They also might have the best PVS-14 pouch I've ever come across.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 7:28:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I might need that MFP for my PVS14. Time to look at my belt and see if it will fit.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:07:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#15]
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
https://i.imgur.com/kPZpnuL.jpg?1
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#17]
How are you guys using these PC's with cumberbunds with 1 foot gap on each sides?
If I have more than maybe 5 or 6 inch gap between front and back plates the whole carrier is flopping around.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mouthpiece:
How are you guys using these PC's with cumberbunds with 1 foot gap on each sides?
If I have more than maybe 5 or 6 inch gap between front and back plates the whole carrier is flopping around.
View Quote

Tactical girth.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mouthpiece:
View Quote

Balcs soft armor fills my gap. IIIa soft under IV plates
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By doyouquaxu:

Tactical girth.
View Quote
QFT. the Fatness allows 3-5 more pouches.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#21]
The only thing I want that I don't have on there is some sort of radio - the only reason I don't have it yet is I do not have anyone near me anymore who knows shit about comms, the only guy that had deep knowledge in that area moved across the country and the rest of the dudes I shoot/train with would probably be using FRS radios if the world ended tomorrow. LOL
View Quote

Bowman/Marconi H4855 you can find on ebay are decent team radios if you can find a good quality used one
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#22]

What is wrong with the Tubes?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#23]

This is my work PC so I had to keep it looking like issue but fitting better. Grey Ghost Minimalist, Esstac Kywi double rifle/pistol, HSGI bleeder, and a TQ now. Plates are a 10x12 triple curve special threat and very comfortable and light.

I’m normally a fan of the Esstac Kywi but these are going on the EE once I get some traditional pouches with bungees. This thing spends its life in the trunk and if for some reason it tips over I lose one or both pistol mags.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:29:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jonathon:
https://i.imgur.com/faoufAy.jpg

This is my work PC so I had to keep it looking like issue but fitting better. Grey Ghost Minimalist, Esstac Kywi double rifle/pistol, HSGI bleeder, and a TQ now. Plates are a 10x12 triple curve special threat and very comfortable and light.

I’m normally a fan of the Esstac Kywi but these are going on the EE once I get some traditional pouches with bungees. This thing spends its life in the trunk and if for some reason it tips over I lose one or both pistol mags.
View Quote

I used to have nearly an exact same setup. Didn't have any issues with my Tacos.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

I used to have nearly an exact same setup. Didn't have any issues with my Tacos.
View Quote

Yeah I think the Taco would work much better. The slick M&P mags with the taper just don’t retain well in the Kywi since most of the kydex spring is right where the mag starts to taper. I never had an issue with Glock mags.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#26]
back when S first hit the F I build a belt, the only kywi I could find was a single stacked pouch from evike. I still have it but wont ever buy stacked pouches again. just not a fan.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:44:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dangermouse78] [#28]

WOW!

$181.20, that's a great deal. Not much more than I paid for my LBX0300.

Edit: Thanks for the link Elroy
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Thinking about getting an Esstac Daeodon, any thots compared to a JPC 2?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:33:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#30]
Met another MN guy in a parking lot today and bought his JPC.

Put in Hesco L210s and 3 mags its a slick 15.2lbs.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:48:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#31]
The more I LARP around my house, the more I learn about my plate carrier... and the more I strip things off of it.

I removed the 3 rifle mag Tacos on the front and replaced them with a High Ground Gear Velcro-sided kangaroo insert with Kydex tensioners in each pocket. Mag retention feels like a good Kydex holster. This setup provides for a little bit lower of a profile while at the same time allowing me to add things to the front if circumstances require it.

Attachment Attached File

I also removed the Beez HT pouch and replaced it with my old Tactical Tailor pouch as it was too small for me to run my Kenwood HT.

Attachment Attached File

Playing around with comms also revealed that my antenna relocation routing was too constricting. I couldn't flip the HT down enough to access the keypad so I moved the M.A.S.T. to the HT side of the back panel. This caused another issue as I could flip down the radio but when stowed the relocation cable now created a bulging loop that had "snag" written all over it. Securing the cable is a balance between it being so tight, it doesn't move freely along the cummerbund (when flipping the radio down/up, and it being so loose it creates a protruding snag loop. I found some water bladder drinking tube clips in a parts bin and used them to secure the cable along a good portion of the cummerbund. These keep the cable tight against the body but loose enough to allow for range of motion caused by accessing the HT. Hopefully these stay put.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Everything hooked up.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
The more I LARP around my house, the more I learn about my plate carrier... and the more I strip things off of it.

I removed the 3 rifle mag Tacos on the front and replaced them with a High Ground Gear Velcro-sided kangaroo insert with Kydex tensioners in each pocket. Mag retention feels like a good Kydex holster. This setup allows me a little bit lower profile while at the same time allowing me to add things to the front if circumstances require it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201212_020425196_jpg-1726789.JPG

I also removed the Beez HT pouch and replaced it with my old Tactical Tailor pouch as it was too small for me to run my Kenwood HT.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201212_021009026_jpg-1726791.JPG

Playing around with comms also revealed that my antenna relocation routing was too constricting. I couldn't flip the HT down enough to access the keypad so I moved the M.A.S.T. to the HT side of the back panel. This caused another issue as I could flip down the radio but when stowed the relocation cable now created a bulging loop that had "snag" written all over it. Securing the cable is a balance between it being so tight, it doesn't move freely along the cummerbund (when flipping the radio down/up, and it being so loose it creates a protruding snag loop. I found some water bladder drinking tube clips in a parts bin and used them to secure the cable along a good portion of the cummerbund. These keep the cable tight against the body but loose enough to allow for range of motion caused by accessing the HT. Hopefully these stay put.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201212_020548302_jpg-1726821.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201212_021429332_jpg-1726826.JPG

Everything hooked up.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20201212_021506540_jpg-1726830.JPG

View Quote

I was just thinking earlier today we need a comms picture thread Seems to me this would be a good opener
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:23:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:

I was just thinking earlier today we need a comms picture thread Seems to me this would be a good opener
View Quote

I started one a while back for a budget option, but like everything else here, it quickly turned into a multi-thousand dollar exercise in "Get Both":

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Baofeng-owners-I-found-your-pouch--and-your-amplified-PTT-/5-2316584/
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:35:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#34]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:
Met another MN guy in a parking lot today and bought his JPC.

Put in Hesco L210s and 3 mags its a slick 15.2lbs.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/316849/20201211_201255_jpg-1726788.JPG
View Quote

I just ordered Hesco L210s from T.REX ARMS and a JPC 2.0 swimmer cut (8-10 week lead time) from Crye direct. Read that the fitment of the L210s—since they’re shooters cut—work best in the swimmers cut carrier size Medium. Curious what size your JPC is and how well the L210s fit for comparison.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

I just ordered Hesco L210s from T.REX ARMS and a JPC 2.0 swimmer cut (8-10 week lead time) from Crye direct. Read that the fitment of the L210s—since they’re shooters cut—work best in the swimmers cut carrier size Medium. Curious what size your JPC is and how well the L210s fit for comparison.
View Quote

That will be a good setup. My carrier is a medium. The L210s are perfect. The top edges of the plate bags dont get filled out, thats the only difference.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:

That will be a good setup. My carrier is a medium. The L210s are perfect. The top edges of the plate bags dont get filled out, thats the only difference.
View Quote

Thanks @Kidnap_44
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#37]
SSSSssssslick
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#38]
^^^^ Stable hand loadout circa 16th century ^^^^

Good Lord, can we have some type of minimum standard for this thread...?
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:16:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#39]
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By strangejames:
SSSSssssslick
https://i.imgur.com/qOWBAlx.jpg
View Quote

That is edging up on hard plate pron. I think I can make out a label through the fish net.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:11:59 AM EDT
[#42]

What dangler is that?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:17:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: flgfish] [#43]
BFG Plateminus.  Hesco L210.  BFG tenspeed triple mag shingle.  HSGI shoulder pads.

I had a BFG admin pouch up top but I ditched it.  Kinda bulky and got in the way of the mags. Ditch the shoulder pads and mags, and this rig is easily concealable.

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

What dangler is that?
View Quote
Spiritus SACK

https://www.spiritussystems.com/sack-pouch-mk3/
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:43:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Attachment Attached File

Esstac Daedon, mos tactical skeletonized cummerbund with first spear tubes, esstac front panel with ggg admin pouch. RMA 1155 for plates.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JRBilt:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495392/6056A43D-4442-42DA-87A2-A6EA811440FF_jpe-1728637.JPG

Esstac Daedon, mos tactical skeletonized cummerbund with first spear tubes, esstac front panel with ggg admin pouch. RMA 1155 for plates.
View Quote

Your setup is nice but I'm kinda weirded out you have mixed magazine manufacturers.

Pick a brand bro.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Your setup is nice but I'm kinda weirded out you have mixed magazine manufacturers.

Pick a brand bro.
View Quote

I learned from arfcom, I got both.

I don’t know which I like more, magpul or lancer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Pick a brand bro.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JRBilt:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495392/6056A43D-4442-42DA-87A2-A6EA811440FF_jpe-1728637.JPG

Pick a brand bro.

Notice how your attention was focused on the mixed magazines? This is a trick tier1 operators use to confuse and divert attention away from their rivals. While you're contemplating the reasoning behind why someone would have mix-matched gear, they GET YOU!

GI mags are best, by the way.

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 2:26:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThrustMyStoma] [#49]

Yeah I think the Taco would work much better. The slick M&P mags with the taper just don't retain well in the Kywi since most of the kydex spring is right where the mag starts to taper. I never had an issue with Glock mags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Yeah I think the Taco would work much better. The slick M&P mags with the taper just don't retain well in the Kywi since most of the kydex spring is right where the mag starts to taper. I never had an issue with Glock mags.
@jonathon

or you can use the bfg stackable double. much better and lighter

eta bfg also makes closed top single pistols if u want moar retention

Link Posted: 12/13/2020 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Haven't posted in a bit. here's the current setup. VS LEPC, with Kywi, Ferro mini dangler IFAK, esstac deaodon QD cummerbund.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top