Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 3:51:35 PM EDT
I am 6'5" and 325lbs.  I've been losing weight, but hate the exercise -
So to motivate myself to keep going after losing 20lbs, I've decided to reward myself with gear.
No more COUCH Commando - Now I'll be an Office-Chair Commando (Moving up in the world, see...)

As you may imagine, it's hard to find gear that fits.
I love Chest Rigs, but they never had enough space.
I love Vests, but they don't make one for a Polar-Bear-Sized-Human.
Then I discovered my Dad's Tactical Tailor Split-MAV.  I said... "OOooooh"
Again, not quite the amount of space, and a little small for my stature.

Queue Tactical Tailor's Custom Shop, and years of MS Paint and Photoshop Hobby...

Sent them this image and a few pointers, and got extremely quick, and helpful responses.  Was told 3weeks, but it took 2.
I don't think I could have had a better experience.

Here's the Two Rigs

I call it the "FAT" (Fully-Adjustable-Tactical) MAV - Totally Custom Cost $160 plus shipping.

Final Product is different, because I sent it back to get modified, my idea wasn't working perfectly, but they fixed it for nothing but the cost of return shipping.

My Dad's Split MAV - Had the Back Panel added. $40 plus shipping.

Lower Back Panel Detail

You've got to check them out guys!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nicely done.. hmmm might have to see if they can do me up a back panel for my 2 piece MAV.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nicely done.. hmmm might have to see if they can do me up a back panel for my 2 piece MAV.

It's nice, I gotta say
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top