Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 5:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fairweather] [#1]
For years I've been using an old school ALICE belt with an M12 holster and GI mag pouches, for messing around on the range. It pretty much did its job although it had a few issues, like the M12 won't hold a pistol that has a light on it. Then I stumbled onto this thread and suddenly I HAD to upgrade. A certain amount of time and money later, this is what I've got:

This is for range time, maybe bump-in-the-night, and possibly SHTF application. Blue Alpha standard belt with a Wilder Tactical liner. I did get the Blue Alpha inner belt but expect to use this with the Wilder liner most of the time. I have taken to wearing the BA inner belt in place of my usual leather EDC belts. One problem I've always had with the leather belts is my IWB holsters would always want to slide back from my preferred 3:00 position to 4:30 or 5:00 where they're more prone to printing, so I was constantly having to shove them back forward again. An unexpected benefit of the BA inner belt is that when I snug it down the free end is long enough to fold back over and past the forward belt loop on my IWB, locking it in place. Problem solved.

The pistol is a Polymer80 G17 clone with a TLR-7A light on it. I usually prefer a 1911 but I'm without one at present so the P80 is it. The holster is a Safariland 7390 on a mid-ride UBL, built for a real G17 but it fits my P80 perfectly (I was half surprised at that, most of the G17 holsters I've tried won't fit the P80). I have the QLS hardware for it but haven't installed it yet just because I only have the one holster and the one platform. When I'm able to pick up another 1911 I'll get a new holster for it and install the QLS then. I removed the hood guard because it seemed kind of pointless and interferes with my thumb getting at the ALS lever.

The med pouch is a Coyote Tactical STOMP. The CAT TQ is removed here because the windlass retainer on it picks up every dust bunny and thread that it sees, and it's already getting gummed up with that junk. I'm looking for a horizontal-mount TQ pouch that will fit in front of the mag pouches and fully cover the TQ. Open to suggestions on that. I'm going to add a pouch for a small flashlight, probably just in front of the holster, or maybe between it and the STOMP.

Esstac KIWI mag pouches. I wanted to use Tacos just because I'll be switching from Glock to 1911 magazines at some point, but these were about half the price and mounting Tacos on the belt was proving to be less than straightforward. When the time comes I'll decide whether to replace them with 1911 KIWIs or just go ahead and get the Tacos. I went with the shorty 5.56 pouch because I sometimes use 20rd magazines.

I'm also thinking about adding a dump pouch. I've never used one, but do recall times long past when I was shooting a lot of IPSC matches and could have used something to toss empty or dirty mags, tape, scoring plugs and the like into. Everything except the holster is mounted with OneWrap.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Got my 6390RDS back from Ghostmen Designs today. Top notch work!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it necessary to get a belt system for 3 pistol mags, 1 ar mag, a pistol, and a small med kit? I have a pretty sturdy 1.5” belt already.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:
Is it necessary to get a belt system for 3 pistol mags, 1 ar mag, a pistol, and a small med kit? I have a pretty sturdy 1.5” belt already.
View Quote

Not at all. You'll just need belt compatible pouches.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 4:30:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: acegunner] [#5]
Is it necessary to get a belt system for 3 pistol mags, 1 ar mag, a pistol, and a small med kit? I have a pretty sturdy 1.5" belt already.
View Quote
I just find it way easier to keep all of my stuff on the belt all the time instead of weaving it on and off and through belt loops every time I want to wear it. I can go straight to the range and grab my outer belt and strap it right on top of my inner belt and go. Not a big deal if you don't use it often, but if you do, it is just more convenient. Also you can tweak your spacing and not have belt loops be in the way if you need something mounted right where a loop is. A gun and backup mag is no prob. Holster, 4 mags and med kit is a little more work.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s what I noticed the other day on a hike. Three pistol mags became a problem because of the belt loops and didn’t leave much room for the future ar15 mag and a med kit.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
That’s what I noticed the other day on a hike. Three pistol mags became a problem because of the belt loops and didn’t leave much room for the future ar15 mag and a med kit.
View Quote

Just wear a velcro inner as your EDC belt and throw on the outter belt when you need it, like the Blue Alpha two piece belt.
Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PBWalsh:

Just wear a velcro inner as your EDC belt and throw on the outter belt when you need it, like the Blue Alpha two piece belt.
View Quote

That's what I do currently. Rocking Cigueras new belt
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
Really liking the mha from true north.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470854/20211030_182737_jpg-2149144.JPG
View Quote

What holster is that for your VP9?
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Got my 6390RDS back from Ghostmen Designs today. Top notch work!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/PXL_20211101_215924815_jpg-2151548.JPG
View Quote

I am starting to appreciate that pattern more and more as I see it. Also MARPAT is catching my attention lately.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 11:01:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: actuallyambrose] [#11]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:

looks like a tier 1 centurion

@hoody2shoez
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BrWn001COW:

@hoody2shoez
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BrWn001COW:

Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:

@hoody2shoez

Tier 1! Good eye
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 8:47:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#13]
Took some time to get a decent shape but molded kydex fits the jsta pretty good
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

I should stop procrastinating and put this completely together,  but I need a med kit and haven't decided on what to get.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By stoner01:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/284414/20211118_174246_jpg-2171879.JPG

I should stop procrastinating and put this completely together,  but I need a med kit and haven't decided on what to get.
View Quote

Snazzy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Nice. Get something coyote brown.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

View Quote

I was thinking OD but we will see
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

But coyote and woodland goes together like peanut butter and jelly.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:59:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tc2129] [#20]

Did you put an IFAK insert in that LBT med pouch?  I see the bungee cord of an IFAK insert.  I’m looking at putting an insert in my med pouch, but haven’t seen anyone that’s done it
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Go back a few pages.
He's using a USGI IFAK insert in the LBT.
View Quote

Thanks. Found It, as well as the Spiritus Systems video where he uses the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

What belt is that?
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Silas:

What belt is that?
View Quote

Esstac
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToyCop] [#25]
Nothing too fancy, but it holds what I need. My med pouch rides on my vest.

Volund Gearworks belt. Safariland holster, cuff, and baton holsters. G Code mag pouch. True North Modular holster adapter and leg strap.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/22/2021 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#26]
So, does everyone run the thinner belts these days? I still have a wide war belt.

Link Posted: 11/22/2021 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Run what you want. It's all personal preference
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Run what you want. It's all personal preference
View Quote
I've always been happy with that rig. Not changing anytime soon.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 2:51:11 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Dig!
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Jn honor of Kyle Rittenhouse (and the Bf30 sale)I finally took the plunge and bought a bfg chlk belt, one of their double pistol pouches, and a couple m4 mag pouches. The belt is a back order, so I’m going to have to be patient.

Can’t wait to read through this thread and learn from y’all (and desperately try to resist spending all of my money).

I’m trying to figure out the Safariland website. Currently, my only full size pistol is a stock G45. I’ve got a regular belt mount kydex holster but I don’t believe it will fit the belt without modifications.

The Glock doesn’t have a light, but since I’m putting together a belt, I’m thinking I’d eventually either want to get a pistol light, or mount a light on the belt.

I’m thinking I want a Safariland but I’m pretty confused with the mounting systems and holster types. Any advice on what to start with?
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:02:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#31]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:
Jn honor of Kyle Rittenhouse (and the Bf30 sale)I finally took the plunge and bought a bfg chlk belt, one of their double pistol pouches, and a couple m4 mag pouches. The belt is a back order, so I’m going to have to be patient.

Can’t wait to read through this thread and learn from y’all (and desperately try to resist spending all of my money).

I’m trying to figure out the Safariland website. Currently, my only full size pistol is a stock G45. I’ve got a regular belt mount kydex holster but I don’t believe it will fit the belt without modifications.

The Glock doesn’t have a light, but since I’m putting together a belt, I’m thinking I’d eventually either want to get a pistol light, or mount a light on the belt.

I’m thinking I want a Safariland but I’m pretty confused with the mounting systems and holster types. Any advice on what to start with?
View Quote

@mudholestomper

Thing that attaches to your belt - Safariland Mid-ride UBL or True North Concepts Modular Holster Adapter
Thing that makes your holster quick disconnect (holster side) - QLS Fork
Thing that makes your holster quick disconnect (UBL/belt side) - QLS Receiver
Holster - G45/G19/G19x with X300U or TLR-1HL and a red dot: Safariland 6390RDS. NOTE: If you purchase this combo from OP Tactical, it includes the Safariland Mid-ride UBL

If you just want a 6390RDS for a G45/19/19x, get the Model 2832 (6390RDS-2832).

If there is a chance that you might end up putting a threaded barrel on your G45 or might be picking up a 17, 34, etc. in the future, get the Model 6832 (6390RDS-6932). A 45/19/19x will fit in a 6832 made for a 34/35. There may me a little bit of North-South play but it can be 99% tuned out using the retention screw on the holster along with anti-rattle foam 3M pads sold by OT Defense.

Also, OT Defense makes a Safariland holster barrel plug replacement piece that allows a 17 to fit inside a 6390RDS-2832

Oh yeah... You'll also want a Nub Mod.

Recap:

Mid-ride UBL:
Attachment Attached File

TNC MHA (upgrade to the UBL):
Attachment Attached File

QLS male adapter fork:
Attachment Attached File

QLS female adapter:
Attachment Attached File

Holster:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#32]

M81 goodness. Coyote brown works with it too

Esstac shooters belt, Esstac Kywi pistol pouch, Emdom Pistol IAP with light, HSGI bleeder, Tactical Tailor coyote brown dump, Emdom IAP with multitool, and Safariland 6360RDS. Dropped the rifle mag, just didn't like the bulk/weight. I keep it with a velcro pad on it for quick use and use it with the inner belt when I know I'll be wearing it for a while.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#33]
@mudholestomper

Visualizing how it all goes together.

True North Concepts Modular Holster Adapter (TNC MHA), (or you could use a mid-ride UBL) with female QLS adapter attached to belt:
Attachment Attached File

Safariland holster attached to QLS male adapter:
Attachment Attached File

Holster connected to belt:
Attachment Attached File

Note:

If you don't plan on running any other pistols on your belt, you could streamline the setup and delete the QLS adapters and just mount the 6390RDS directly to either your mid-ride UBL or TNC MHA.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 9:45:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mudholestomper] [#34]
@mudholestomper

Visualizing how it all goes together.

True North Concepts Modular Holster Adapter (TNC MHA), (or you could use a mid-ride UBL) with female QLS adapter attached to belt:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/RQLS_2_jpg-2177584.JPG

Safariland holster attached to QLS male adapter:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2021-11-22_200706_png-2177585.JPG

Holster connected to belt:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/ALS_rear-scaled_jpg-2177586.JPG

Note:

If you don't plan on running any other pistols on your belt, you could streamline the setup and delete the QLS adapters and just mount the 6390RDS directly to either your mid-ride UBL or TNC MHA.
View Quote

Thank you!  Now to figure out what all of those acronyms mean lol.

I understand (for the most part) how the holster systems like this attach to the belt and the gun and each other. I’m just baffled at what seems to be dozens of ways to do it (just on the Safariland website and not counting gcode and whoever).

I’m still trying to decipher all of the different model numbers just for the holsters.

ETA: I’m using their holster finder right now.

ETA 2: only 40 different holsters for the Glock 45
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#35]

I understand (for the most part) how the holster systems like this attach to the belt and the gun and each other. I’m just baffled at what seems to be dozens of ways to do it (just on the Safariland website and not counting gcode and whoever).

I’m still trying to decipher all of the different model numbers just for the holsters.

View Quote

Don't use the SL holster finder, it sucks. A bunch of guys here run Glocks and Safariland holsters and they know how to point you in the right direction. Tell us what you are definitely going to run and then what you might run in the future.

@mudholestomper

Answer these q's....

Gun make/model?
Is ALS (you have to depress a thumb level in order to release the pistol) enough retention for you?
Light? Which one?
Optic? Which one?
Going to run a threaded barrel in the future?
Going to run a Glock 17 in the future?
Going to run a Glock 17 with a threaded barrel in the future?
Going to run a Glock 34 in the future?
Going to run a compensator in the future?
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#36]
@mudholestomper

Forgot to add... Do you plan on being tethered to helicopter or hanging off a crane on overwatch duty? If not, the two ginormous tether points on the CHLK belt are going to take up valuable real estate. Each tether point of the CHLK belt takes up roughly 3 rows of MOLLE.

Check any random 10-20 pages of this thread and tell me how many CHLK belts you run across.

Attachment Attached File

While you're browsing, pay attention to how gear is laid out on people's belts. A common setup is:

2 pistol mag pouches - 1 row of MOLLE each
1 rifle mag pouch - 2 rows of MOLLE
IFAK (medical) - 2-5 rows of MOLLE
TQ (torniquette) - 1-3 rows of MOLLE
Small dump pouch (makes a great ear pro and/or H20 carrier) - 2-4 rows of MOLLE
1-2 small pouches for items such as multitool, flashlight, etc. - 1 row of MOLLE each

Although the CHLK a great belt, I think it is focused on a special mission set and most would set greater benefits from a more traditional option.

If you want to go full baller (~$250), look at the options from Volund Gearworks, Ronin, and GBRS.

If you want a great well thought out belt, look into AXL Advanced, Esstac, Eagle Industries, Blue Alpha, TYR Tactical, AWS, Ferro Concepts, Raptor Tactical, Wilder Tactical, etc.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Don't use the SL holster finder, it sucks. A bunch of guys here run Glocks and Safariland holsters and they know how to point you in the right direction. Tell us what you are definitely going to run and then what you might run in the future.

@mudholestomper

Answer these q's....

Gun make/model?
Is ALS (you have to depress a thumb level in order to release the pistol) enough retention for you?
Light? Which one?
Optic? Which one?
View All Quotes

@mudholestomper

Answer these q's....

Gun make/model?
Light? Which one?
Optic? Which one?

For now, it’ll be a g45 without a light. ALS would be enough. Can a holster made for a g45 with a surefire x300 hold the same gun without it?  I’m not planning on buying another full size pistol in the near future. I’m balling on a single dad budget over here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#38]
@mudholestomper

Forgot to add... Do you plan on being tethered to helicopter or hanging off a crane on overwatch duty? If not, the two ginormous tether points on the CHLK belt are going to take up valuable real estate. Each tether point of the CHLK belt takes up roughly 3 rows of MOLLE.

Check any random 10-20 pages of this thread and tell me how many CHLK belts you run across.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/Screenshot_2021-11-22_213719_png-2177689.JPG

While you're browsing, pay attention to how gear is laid out on people's belts. A common setup is:

2 pistol mag pouches - 1 row of MOLLE each
1 rifle mag pouch - 2 rows of MOLLE
IFAK (medical) - 2-5 rows of MOLLE
TQ (torniquette) - 1-3 rows of MOLLE
Small dump pouch (makes a great ear pro and/or H20 carrier) - 2-4 rows of MOLLE
1-2 small pouches for items such as multitool, flashlight, etc. - 1 row of MOLLE each

Although the CHLK a great belt, I think it is focused on a special mission set and most would set greater benefits from a more traditional option.

If you want to go full baller (~$250), look at the options from Volund Gearworks, Ronin, and GBRS.

If you want a great well thought out belt, look into AXL Advanced, Esstac, Eagle Industries, Blue Alpha, TYR Tactical, AWS, Ferro Concepts, Raptor Tactical, Wilder Tactical, etc.
View Quote

I definitely don’t plan on being tethered to anything. Plans change but I do plan on avoiding having to be tethered to anything. Hard to pass up the 30% off sale though. The belt is on back order. I may have to rethink that part. Or modify it if need be.

Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#39]

For now, it’ll be a g45 without a light. ALS would be enough. Can a holster made for a g45 with a surefire x300 hold the same gun without it?  I’m not planning on buying another full size pistol in the near future. I’m balling on a single dad budget over here.
View Quote

I just tested this with my 6390RDS-2832 (made for a Glock 19/19x/45) and a Glock 45 and it retains the pistol.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:16:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mudholestomper] [#40]

Excellent. Thank you!  I figured the holsters would be designed to hold the gun and not the optic or the light.

I’m going to cancel the CHLK belt and probably go with the Volund Gear Works 2” Micro Battle Belt V3.

They ask about the lining and whether I want it to be the hook or the loop. I’m thinking loop (soft and fuzzy) because it faces in towards my skin.

Thoughts on that?

ETA: I wear a Hanks leather belt every day and don’t plan on wearing the Volund Gear Works inner belt unless I’m also going to wear the outer belt.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Excellent. Thank you!  I figured the holsters would be designed to hold the gun and not the optic or the light.

I’m going to cancel the CHLK belt and probably go with the Volund Gear Works 2” Micro Battle Belt V3.

They ask about the lining and whether I want it to be the hook or the loop. I’m thinking loop (soft and fuzzy) because it faces in towards my skin.

Thoughts on that?

ETA: I wear a Hanks leather belt every day and don’t plan on wearing the Volund Gear Works inner belt unless I’m also going to wear the outer belt.
View All Quotes

Thoughts on that?

Personal preference. If you will not ever wear one without the other, then it doesn't matter in my opinion. Having the inner belt loop and the outer belt hook allows me to use the inner belt as an everyday belt, or lets me drop the outer belt without having an abrasive inner belt still on (before and after matches, etc).

Will you be using Velcro One-Wrap for any of the attachments? What you decide will have an effect on that, too. If you go with loop on the inside of your outer belt, then the strips of One-Wrap will be hook facing out, which means it could come into contact with you or your clothing.

Consider any other belts or pads that you may wish to use in the future. Are they available in hook or loop or both?

I prefer inner loop, and outer hook.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

Personal preference. If you will not ever wear one without the other, then it doesn't matter in my opinion. Having the inner belt loop and the outer belt hook allows me to use the inner belt as an everyday belt, or lets me drop the outer belt without having an abrasive inner belt still on (before and after matches, etc).

Will you be using Velcro One-Wrap for any of the attachments? What you decide will have an effect on that, too. If you go with loop on the inside of your outer belt, then the strips of One-Wrap will be hook facing out, which means it could come into contact with you or your clothing.

Consider any other belts or pads that you may wish to use in the future. Are they available in hook or loop or both?

View Quote

I absolutely agree, and for the reasons E_S_N listed. Inner loop and outer hook
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 6:22:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mudholestomper] [#43]
Originally Posted By acegunner:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By acegunner:
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

Thanks y’all!

ETA: anyone got a coupon code for Volund Gear Works?
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#44]
What do we think about this as opposed to the UBL with the qds attached directly to it?  It gives the ability to have a thigh strap, where I don’t see that option for the UBL/qls setup.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#45]
What do we think about this as opposed to the UBL with the qds attached directly to it?  It gives the ability to have a thigh strap, where I don't see that option for the UBL/qls setup.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/511664/607D0D2C-AB0D-46F1-878B-F4CE3CC792CA_png-2178666.JPG
View Quote
On the UBL you can run a strap between the upper two screws and the lower screw.  The strap runs a little higher that way, but it can be done.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#46]
What do we think about this as opposed to the UBL with the qds attached directly to it?  It gives the ability to have a thigh strap, where I don’t see that option for the UBL/qls setup.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/511664/607D0D2C-AB0D-46F1-878B-F4CE3CC792CA_png-2178666.JPG
View Quote

You can run a strap sandwiched in one. That option isn't too bad.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 7:38:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mudholestomper] [#47]
Thanks y’all. Now that I’m becoming more familiar with the acronyms and what I’m actually looking at, the post above from @PFran42 really does have most of the answers I’m looking for.

I’m going to go with the True North option for mounting the holster to the belt.

ETA: Volund Gear Works belt - $200
Safariland 6390rds-2832 multicam holster - $200
Safariland qls - $50
True North Concepts mhs - $75

$525 without tax and shipping. I hate every one of you lol.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks y’all. Now that I’m becoming more familiar with the acronyms and what I’m actually looking at, the post above from @PFran42 really does have most of the answers I’m looking for.

I’m going to go with the True North option for mounting the holster to the belt.

ETA: Volund Gear Works belt - $200
Safariland 6390rds-2832 multicam holster - $200
Safariland qls - $50
True North Concepts mhs - $75

$525 without tax and shipping. I hate every one of you lol.
View Quote

If you truly only plan on running the G45, you can skip the QLS parts and attach the 6390RDS directly to the TNC MHA. It will slim down the rig.

Also, since you mentioned a thigh strap, TNC has a Leg Strap Kit for their MHA.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:33:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slappomatt] [#49]
if you are trying to save some cash the AWS labs belt is an option.
I went with a Blue alpha gear belt for more than twice the price because at the time AWS didnt offer a 1.5" inner belt. they do now.
https://awsin.com/50725-lab-shooters-belt-system/
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#50]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/284414/20210220_133836_jpg-2178674.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/284414/20210220_133836_jpg-2178674.JPG

Yep, that's what I do and it works just fine.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top