Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:10:14 PM EDT
The HSGI ARMORDILLA BAG was brought to life when a Military Customer ordered a Custom bag to hold his laptop and other items...
Well looking at the bag he just created, Gene modified and tweaked it so it could fill multiple rolls. With the input from a select few, the bag was modified again.

Making the bag discreet was the plan from the word "Go". Research was done to see what "Discreet" bags were out there. All of them were small bags that you could not put everything people carry with them on a normal day. A lot were not even Discreet. PALS/MOLLE Screams "Tactical", so do seeing Pistol mags on the end of the bag. If you can see a Magazine anywhere on the bag, your not hiding shit. Color was a major consideration in a Discreet bag, the color pallet for this bag will probably include Maroon, Navy Blue, Black, Khaki, Smoke Green. I think Camo Patterns will be a Custom order situation.

The idea of the one bag for all roles was also looked at very carefully. The main compartment has 2 Dividers that separate it into 2 pockets and a main storage area. The Pocket on the outside is lined in Loop Velcro so you can attach one of the many Velcro Accessories from HSGI, 5.11, Maxpedition, Blackhawk, ect.. The other pocket can accept Up to a 12"x14" Kevlar armor panel. It also has A pocket for a Radio, and plenty of pen, chem light, pocket flare, marker, key, lighter holders on the main storage side of the divider.. The main storage area can fit 3 17" Laptops. There is 3/8" closed cell foam pad that protects the sides and bottom of the bag. This foam padding can be removed as its held in place by Velcro. The two Front Utility Pouches were specifically designed to fit a 32oz "Water Jug" and be useful for any other Items you may need to carry. The two Rifle magazine pouches are based on the PROVEN HSGI UMMP. They will hold 3 AR15, 2 AK47, or 2 .308 each. The 2 Side Utility Pouches were designed to hide the open top pistol mag pouches that are in them. This design helps keep the bag discreet while adding more storage space.

The main Flap and exterior designed was well thought out also.. The Main flap has a zippered pocket on the front side. This pocket can Accept another Kevlar armor panel. This same pocket can be used to throw your random goodies in so that when you need a notepad/pen, crossword puzzle, cell phone, ect. you don't have to dig through the main compartment. On the other side of this flap is a clear panel to be used as a Map pocket. The shoulder strap is connect by two 2" Fastec buckles. There is a 1/4" neoprene shoulder pad on the strap for comfort when you have this thing loaded down.

On the back side of this bag is the most important part to me. This is where the threeway hidden CCW pocket is located. This Loop Velcro Lined pocket can accept any Velcro holster, but I like the HSGI one. It can hold a weapon light, but since the holster has Velcro in it can be adapted back to a standard pistol. It holds the weapon more securely than the "sock" type. This pocket has opening on both sides and the top to draw from. Carrying the bag strong side? Top Draw. Carrying the bag weak side? Cross Draw out the side opening.
There is also a belt that is tucked neatly in a hidden pocket on the back side of the bag, I haven't used it yet but I understand the premise behind it.

I am sure I have left some things out, because this bag seems to cover all fields.. Gene should step in and slap me around, and let me know what I missed.

If you guys have any questions please ask.

Features within the bag:
Removable neoprene padded shoulder strap .
Sturdy carrying handle .
Zippered compartment outside entry on the flap for data books , notebooks , etc.... . Also provide space for a soft ballistic panels .
Vinyl map pouch on the inside of the flap .
Flap has 2 - 1.5 side release buckles for security .
Inside compartment for additional soft ballistic panel for added coverage protection ..
2 side zippered pouches 4" x 9.75"  x 3" , plus 2 pistol mag pouches within .
2 front zippered pouches 4" x 9.75  x 3" with loop Velcro within for hooked backed pouches .
2 HSGI Universal magazine pouches that can hold up to 3 M4  , 2 AK , or 2 .308 mags each with Velcroed flaps and adjustable pouch retention .
Loop Velcro for patches and to secure rifle magazine flaps open .
Concealed compartment with 3 external entries for hidden holster . Holster can accommodate either pistol only or tactical light mounted pistol . Both holster and interior of this compartment is Velcroed lined .
Admins style divider with radio pouch (antenna port provided) , with pen/pencil pouches and elastic loops for additional gear .
Velcroed lined divider on both side for either concealable holster or hooked backed pouches and or tear out Velcroed/MOLLE panels . Note that a 15" laptop computer can easily fit within .
Removable padding for bottom and side for protection of items such as laptops . Main body capable of holding a 17" laptop computer .
Large HD #10 solid tooth zippered opening for easy entry/extraction of gear .
Main body measurements are 14" x 16" x 5"
Soft ballistic panels compartments measure 12.5" x 15.5" and 13.5" x 15.5" . Soft ballistic panels are not provide .
Tear out  Velcroed/MOLLE panels sold as an accessory .
Not only in Military colors , but in everyday civilian color will be available ..

PRICE IS $195.95

CXS

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a big bag.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That's a big bag.

Its packed with more shit than I'd Probably put in it, for reference on what it can carry.
Its not really that "big" when I just have the necessities in it..
This bag has multiple functions, BOB, Laptop Case, Carry On Bag, Range Bag, Tactical Diaper Bag, Messenger bag, Patrol Bag, basically the possibilities are endless..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can also accept Armor Panels to use as a Body Shield.

You can also add a distracting photo to the map pocket..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#4]
nice bag... and at least that last picture had the appropriate "tactical toes" in it... hairy toes but toes none the less.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
is that a composite tomahawk?
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
is that a composite tomahawk?

looks like a K5
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
It's going to be an interesting bag, that's for sure.  Many of the "bail out" bags and active shooter bags tend to be on the small side.  There's a place for that, to be sure.  But I think there's also a place for a larger bag that can take on multiple roles...range bag, active shooter/bail out bag, briefcase with extras.  HSGI's bag seems to fill a larger niche...literally.

Oh, and Sponjah, get a fuckin' pedicure or something...I think I threw up in my mouth a little.  :)
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I want one of those "Don't fuck w/ me patches!"  

Hook me up bro!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I want one of those "Don't fuck w/ me patches!"  

Hook me up bro!  

Ditto!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Oh, and Sponjah, get a fuckin' pedicure or something...I think I threw up in my mouth a little.  :)

The little Chinese ladies at the mall wont go near my feet. They say their un-fixable...
You must have gotten pics from Gene then, I cropped all my nasties out..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:46:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Side View..

The side pockets have 2 Pistol mag pouches in them.
They hold a .45acp double stack, 2 1911 Mags, G2 or equivalent flash light, ect..
The side pockets can hold up to a 36oz "Water Jug"
As you see in the picture I have a GPS, Pop up flare, G2, and Pistol Mag in this pocket..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#14]
the Antenna Hole for the Radio..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#15]
looks sweet, im not crasy about the color tho
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
looks sweet, im not crasy about the color tho

The color pallet for this bag will include: Maroon, Navy Blue, Black, Khaki, Smoke Green..
Neutral colors that try not to say "TACTICAL!!"
Camo Patterns I believe will be available as a special order Item with a good lead time..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Looks too small for a 19"

There's always some love for a penguin..
Gimmie the measuements and I'll see what I can do for ya..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Chillin at the park waiting on my girl...

CXS
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#20]
omg. you've got a tomahawk! what's gene going to be asking for that anyhow?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
omg. you've got a tomahawk! what's gene going to be asking for that anyhow?

Hell yea I got a Tomahawk!
NCPatrolAR & Defensive Concepts North Carolina are putting on a Tactical Tomahawk class here soon..

And as far as the price, I still think that's up in the air..
What would you think is a reasonable price for a Made in USA, Backed by HSGI's Lifetime warranty, Unlimited Purpose bag like this that has the ability to hold Soft Armor?

CXS
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:26:49 PM EDT
[#22]
and why do i have to live so far away?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I need a photographers bag like that.  E-mail sent.  (I do photography in dangerous places).

Robert
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I like smaller Murses.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like a nice bag....where did you get the fuck patch?
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Looks like a nice bag....where did you get the fuck patch?

I had a little bird tell me someone is running a set of those patches..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Chillin at the park waiting on my girl...

i87.photobucket.com/albums/k160/topher63/AD23.jpg

CXS

Is your girl the one you added a distracting photo of to the map pocket?

She doesn't have a butter face.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I keep getting messages about how people don't like the "pink color"
Its not pink, its a deep rich Maroon color.
And the bag will be available in Maroon, Navy, Blue, Black, Khaki, and Smoke Green.
Camo patterns on special request.
I'll post some pics with my camera in natural lighting to give y'all a better example..
Those pics were taken with Gene's shitty camera in florescent lighting..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#29]
height=8
Quoted:
And the bag will be available in Maroon, Navy, Blue, Black, Khaki, and Smoke Green.
I'll post some pics with my camera in natural lighting to give y'all a better example..
Those pics were taken with Gene's shitty camera in florescent lighting.. here   Yes poor lighting and camera settings , but we will get better photos up soon . Just remember , you were in the frame , so that explains most of the distorted visual effects ! Just keep it up there CXS or I will be forced to post the video we started .  Your forgetting , your my Bitch , LOL !!!!!

Just Kidding , CXS is sometimes a cool guy , unless he wears his pumps instead of his flip-flops !

Now for the F**K patches , I'm having some more made up in other colors . I'll inform CXS to let you guys know when they will be available .

Gene@ HSGI
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#30]
man that thing looks huge....might as well lug around luggage
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Now for the F**K patches , I'm having some more made up in other colors . I'll inform CXS to let you guys know when they will be available .

Gene@ HSGI

Roger that Gene.  
I definitely want one.  

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Here are some samples of the colors.
First 2 pics were taken outside.
Third pic was taken inside.

Outside Pics

Inside Pic

CXS
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:59:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Has to be a certain size  if you want to get a laptop in it.

Speaking of which..
Your 19" Laptop should fit fine..

I took a cardboard boxtop that was the maximum size that fit into the bag as example of a laptop.

Here is the Boxtop in the bag

Bag With Boxtop in it closed up.

CXS
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Those pics were taken with Gene's shitty camera in florescent lighting..

CXS

Outside Pics..
Pictures really don't do this color justice..
I really like the color in person..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Has to be a certain size  if you want to get a laptop in it.

Speaking of which..
Your 19" Laptop should fit fine..

I took a cardboard boxtop that was the maximum size that fit into the bag as example of a laptop.

i87.photobucket.com/albums/k160/topher63/box2.jpg

Here is the Boxtop in the bag

i87.photobucket.com/albums/k160/topher63/box3.jpg

Bag With Boxtop in it closed up.

i87.photobucket.com/albums/k160/topher63/box4.jpg

CXS

HOLLY CRAP!!!! Tactical covert pizza bag! Now Domino's can deliver to the "hood" in confidence. (at least it looks like a pizza box)
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#38]
good stuff..LOL on the pics.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#39]
NICE. like to see a smaller version without the side pockets.

Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
NICE. like to see a smaller version without the side pockets.

The side pockets hide the 2 Mag pouches located inside them.
Kinda hard to be Discreet when magazines are in plain view.
But I am sure if you ask nicely things can be done to suit your needs..

CXS
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I think I really like this bag from the pics so far.

At first I thought it was too big, but the pics with the boxtop make it seem like it could be normal size as well.

price?
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:29:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
price?

What would you pay for a bag like this?

CXS
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I want one in this color.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/rlanicek/X%20Arfcom/out4.jpg

Smoke green

CXS
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#45]
i kinda dig the blue fabric. price would play a severe factor on whether or not i got one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/rlanicek/X%20Arfcom/out4.jpg

Smoke green

CXS

How much?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Looks like another great product from HSGI!

My wife and I are preparing for kid #2 and I was just looking around for something that could do triple duty as a diaper, range, and laptop bag.

Sweet Gene!

B.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#48]
As for pricing, it's not established yet.  It's a new item that HSGI is strongly considering, but they don't want to start making them if people won't buy them because of the pricing they need to get to turn a profit.

Thus, they're trying to determine what potential customers would be willing to pay for this type of bag, considering it's larger size, features, etc.  With everything it offers, and the amount of materials and labor that go into it, coupled with the bomb-proof and USA-based manufacturing of this bag, it's going to be more expensive than, say, your Commie-made, mass-produced bag from a "Well Known Company!"

Would you pay $100?

$120?

$130?

$140?

$150?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Love your color choice.              

Link Posted: 10/19/2008 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
As for pricing, it's not established yet.  It's a new item that HSGI is strongly considering, but they don't want to start making them if people won't buy them because of the pricing they need to get to turn a profit.

Thus, they're trying to determine what potential customers would be willing to pay for this type of bag, considering it's larger size, features, etc.  With everything it offers, and the amount of materials and labor that go into it, coupled with the bomb-proof and USA-based manufacturing of this bag, it's going to be more expensive than, say, your Commie-made, mass-produced bag from a "Well Known Company!"

Would you pay $100?

$120?

$130?

$140?

$150?

would be great

But I could see asking closer to $200 (but that would put it out of my range)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top