Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 8/2/2005 1:32:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74]
I'm starting this thread as a kind of resource for any and all 3-Day Assault Packs out there. Seems there are always people starting a new thread asking what's good, what's not, or just what's out there.

This isn't really intended as a review thread... simply because I haven't owned every 3 Day Assault Pack (which I'll refer to as a 3DAP on occasion) that is made, though I've certainly admired many of them.

If any of the information is wrong or you'd like to add something to one of the posts IM me and I'll edit it into the appropriate thread to keep things nice and neat.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:48:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#1]
Obviously I'm going to put the Mrauder as one of the first ones on here. However, I'll just let the other discussions and pictures speak for the pack. Otherwise this post will become terribly biased.

Kifaru Marauder

Military Morons review

AR15.com DiscussionsPost your Kifaru Marauder pictures here!!!
Kifaru Marauder vs Eagle A-III

Kifaru Discussion Board
Marauder improvement list
Marauder Pics
Official Kifaru Marauder Picture Thread: Post your Marauder pics here!!

Lightfighter Tactical
RAID v. Marauder

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:10:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#2]
Lightfighter R.A.I.D.

Obvious "physical" similarities to the Marauder, but don't ever say that in front of an owner of the opposing pack... their panties seem to get all bunched up about it.

[ETA: This pack was previously manufactured by Eagle Industries, but is now manufactured by TAG... both exclusively for Lightfighter.com]

The R.A.I.D. Pack body and exterior pockets are constructed of #1000 denier abrasion and water-resistant Cordura® nylon which truly out-performs imported polyester fabrics. The exterior body of the pack is covered with one-inch Cordura® webbing so that it is compatible with all MOLLE, BALCS, Paraclete SOF-SNAP, and MALICE pockets and pouches. The two slot pockets on either side of the pack are perfect for breaching tools, splints, maps, etc. All side release buckles are 1", making them easier to open than 3/4" buckles; and are also perfectly replaceable in the field with easily available Mil-spec fastex. The main compartment has a heavy duty #10 YKK® zipper that runs completely around the top of the bag and down the entire length of each side for ease of loading and getting to those neccesary items that always seem to be at the bottom (a decided plus in the middle of the night in a rainy ORP). The top of the pack has reinforced access slots, with a Cordura® and Velcro® flap, for military radio antennas and cable routing. There is also a 'button-hole' opening in the center of the top for Camelbak tube routing. The inside has two zippered mesh compartments to carry those hoo-bah items that always fall to the bottom as the load settles. It is also equipped with two horizontal and two vertical cinch straps with side release buckles for securing the load inside of the pack. There are even elastic loops to hold chem-lites, pens, etc; and a full-length velcro slot pocket behind the mesh compartments. The bottom of the R.A.I.D. Pack is set up with webbing that will accept either MOLLE/PALS webbing or ALICE clips. The bottom patch is also designed to spread the lash down straps a good distance apart to make the equipment you attach to the bottom more balanced and controllable. The shoulder straps add even more versatility to this pack by being placed as far apart as possible to make the pack more comfortable around the neck and shoulder area. These quick-ditch contour shaped straps feature double metal "D" rings and webbing loops (for routing tubes/cables; and attaching extra equipment). Included as well is a fully adjustable sternum strap to help make the load more bearable. Dimensions: • Width: 12 1/4" • Height: 20 1/4" • Depth: 8 1/2" • Cubic Inches: 2150

What the Marauder has that the R.A.I.D. does not:
- interior webbing
- waist belt
- 8th row of PALS webbing on front panel
- more interior volume
- internal frame (2 aluminum stays)

What the R.A.I.D. has that the Marauder does not:
- side pockets (big enough to hold a Nalgene bottle)
- bottom webbing
- matching color "hardware"
- velcro panel
- a smaller price tag

Lightfighter Tactical Forum
Huge ultimate RAID pack thread
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:15:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#3]
Tactical Assault Gear (TAG)

us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/tagsupplyco-store_1878_432884

Also similar in appearance to the above two packs but seems to be based more off of the "traditional" 3-Day Assault pack design. You'll see those similarities as I get further into what I consider the "traditional" 3DAP.

Tactical Assault Gear's 3 day pack is an improvement on an old design. Our 3 Day Pack is covered in PALS webbing for all of your tactical needs. Main compartment has a sleeve for your hydration bladder or a frame sheet. Hydration port is designed to accommadate all mouth pieces on the market, without taking them apart to feed it out of your pack. Shoulder straps have been widened to keep the straps away from your neck and on your shoulders where they belong. Sternum strap is fully adjustable and can be placed in (7) different locations along the length of the shoulder straps. A padded waist strap is included for your comfort. Backed by a lifetime warranty.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:20:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#4]
Blackhawk Industries 3 Day Assault Pack

I generally consider this to be the "first" 3DAP, simply because it's the first one I ever remember seeing. I honestly don't know who was the first company to come up with this type of pack. From what I've read on here I believe BHI actually copied this design from Eagle Industires (can be verified by checking out patents I suppose, but that's not really the intent of this thread... )

NTOA Member Tested and Recommended

The NTOA Member Tested & Recommended Program is designed to provide law enforcement product manufacturers with a process to have their products field-tested by the law enforcement community. It also ensures the law enforcement community the product has been field-tested and is recommend by their peers. Visit NTOA's website for details.

This uniquely designed pack is a mid-sized frameless back pack. It has a padded back, padded contour shoulder straps with detachable sternum strap, and padded removable waist belt. The inside back has a pouch to fit an optional HydraStorm Hydration System with an elastic covered grommet Tube Routing System® (TRS) to feed the drink tube out the top and over either shoulder. This feature allows the user to efficiently carry 2 Liters of any hot or cold liquid and drink on the move. The pack has a main compartment, smaller cargo pouch and cargo pocket. This 3-Day pack also comes with sleeping bag straps.

-Padded shoulder straps with D-rings for equipment attachment
-Detachable, elasticized sternum strap with silent release buckle
-Compartments are closed by YKK zipper and sliders with silent pulls
-Optional HydraStorm Hydration System
-Made of 1000 denier NyTaneon nylon
-Dual side detachable padded waist belt
-Drag/carry handle

Dimensions: 6 x 13 x 20
Cubes: 2,240
Wt: 2 lbs 9 oz.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just looking at Blackwater Gear's 3-Day pack...

3-Day Pack  
Blackwater Gear

Ready to go the distance.
3-Day Pack

Ready to go with you wherever you have to, the Blackwater Gear 3-Day Pack is a strong, dynamic carry-all. Over 3100 cubic inches of gear capacity!

• Countered, padded shoulder straps.  
• Drag handles for easy carry.
• Covered with PALS/MOLLE webbing to allow additional pouches wherever you need them.
• Antenna port and hydration hose port assure continuous communication and hydration.
• Infra-Red personal marker window with covering flap.
• Hypalon® MOLLE compatible attachment points on bottom for additional mounting locations.
• Can be used with standard ALICE frame or included internal sheet frame.
• Pack includes waist belt for stability and distribution of weight.
• External cinch laces/cords to tighten load. Two external vertical cinching straps.
• Large drain holes in pack bottom.
• Web and elastic sternum strap to allow for chest expansion.
• Roll-top closure with supplemental drawstring and large covering flap with internal pocket.
• Internal compartment for hydration reservoir.
• YKK water/sand resistant zippers.
• ITW-Ghillietex™ buckles and stays throughout pack.
• Main compartment is accessible through roll top or secondary bottom zipper.
• D-Ring attachment points on both padded shoulder straps.
• Sewn-in air channels in back panel allow for cooling.
• Two large side compartments with open channels to carry breaching tools or other large items.
• Jump lowering line attachment point at bottom of pack.
• Dimensions: Main compartment: 16" W x 8" D x 20" H (2560 cubic inches). Two outer side pockets: 16" W x 1.5" D x 12" H (288 cubic inches each).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3-Day Pack
Price: $399.95

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:25:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#6]
This pack looks like a "watered down" version of the above pack:

Eagle Industries MOLLE STYLE BECKER PATROL PACK (BPP-MS)
The BPP-MS combines modularity with a solid top loading pack. We took the main compartment of our Becker Patrol Pack, which offers an impressive 1100 cubic inches of cargo capacity, and covered it with MOLLE compatible cross webbing. This cross webbing allows you to mount pouches in just about any location offering you endless possibilities when loading out.

BPP-MS Features:
** 1" Mil Spec. webbing for MOLLE attachments.
** MOLLE webbing on waist pad.
** Internal slip pockets for maximum organization.
** Inside slip pocket accommodates optional rigid internal frame.
** CamelBak® compatible.
** Lammy suede nonslip shoulders.
** Coolmax padding on back and interior of shoulders.
** Removable sternum strap.
** Made In The USA. <hr height=1px color=black noshade>

Anyone ever see, own, or handle on of the Blackwater packs?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:34:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#7]
Tactical Tailor 3 Day Assault Pack

This is where you will start to see design similarities compared to the BHI and other company's 3DAPs.
The First noticalble difference between the TT and the BHI3DAP is the PALS webbing on the exterior front and sides panels. The compression straps are alos located higher up on this pack.

This medium-sized frameless pack is constructed to outlast its owner and provide years of rugged use. The pack has three compartments; one large pocket, and two smaller pockets. Altogether, it's large enough for several days' worth of supplies. The large main compartment has an internal sleeve to hold a hydration system, plus two covered ports for routing of the drinking tube (or alternatively, a radio antenna or hand mic). The inside bottom of the pack is lined with blaze orange fabric to make locating items inside more easily, or for use in emergency signaling.

The pack has 3/4" thick padded shoulder straps to make heavy loads more bearable. There are webbing attachment points built into the sides for gear pouches, canteens, or other accessories. The pack is equipped with top and side compression straps so the pack can be cinched down if not full. Our packs are made in the USA and are guaranteed for life. Total capacity is 2100 cubic inches. Available in OD, Black, Camo, or Tan.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By pathfinder74:
This pack looks like a "watered down" version of the above pack:

www.eagleindustries.com/images/prodimages/P_BPP_MS.JPG
Eagle Industries MOLLE STYLE BECKER PATROL PACK (BPP-MS)
The BPP-MS combines modularity with a solid top loading pack. We took the main compartment of our Becker Patrol Pack, which offers an impressive 1100 cubic inches of cargo capacity, and covered it with MOLLE compatible cross webbing. This cross webbing allows you to mount pouches in just about any location offering you endless possibilities when loading out.

BPP-MS Features:
** MOLLE webbing on waist pad.
** Internal slip pockets for maximum organization.
** Inside slip pocket accommodates optional rigid internal frame.
** CamelBak® compatible.
** Lammy suede nonslip shoulders.
** Coolmax padding on back and interior of shoulders.
** Made In The USA.

Anyone ever see, own, or handle on of the Blackwater packs?

The Eagle MOLLE Becker has been around a lot longer than Blackwater's gear.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:42:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#9]
Eagle Industries

Starting to notice a common design now? The A-III MOLLE obviously being the more "pimped out" version of the original A-III. A setp up from the features of the Tactical Tailor it has some more rows of webbing and a velcro panel.

A-III PACK (A-III-P)
Works with CamelBak® or other hydration systems, includes secondary metal "D" ring on shoulder straps for positioning hydration hose.
The A-III-P dimensions are as follows. The dimensions are listed in inches, as W x H x D.
Main compartment = 16 x 20 x 7, 2240 cubic inches.
Cargo pouch = 12 x 16 x 2, 384 cubic inches.
cargo slip pocket = 12 x 16, This is a flat slip pocket on front.

If you demand adaptability, durability, versatility, and quality; this is the pack for you. We built it with heavy duty 11 oz. abrasion resistant Cordura® nylon. Stitched it with E-69 bonded nylon thread, put in a heavy duty #10 Ykk zipper on the main compartment and, as always, we use only top quality Fastex® buckles. For comfort, the A-III has a padded back, padded shoulder harness, and a removable waist belt. Some of the outstanding features found on the Eagle A-III are: 28" removable sleeping bag straps, 16" removable cargo straps and a removable chest strap. It is the finest medium sized zippered pack we produce. That makes the A-III the best mid-sized zippered frameless pack available.

Color: Black, Olive Drab, Khaki and Woodland Camouflage are standard. Other colors avilable upon special request for an additional charge.<hr height=1px color=black noshade>

MOLLE STYLE A-III-P (A-III-P-MS)
The A-III-P-MS is the latest version of one of our most popular packs. We took our standard A-III-P and infused versatility by adding MOLLE webbing to its exterior. The new A-III-P-MS still possesses the unmatched quality and reliability that made the standard A-III-P so popular and at the same time offers modular bliss.

A-III-P-MS Features:
** 3-pocket construction for maximum compartmentalization of items.
** Inside slip pocket accommodates optional rigid, internal frame.
** CamelBak® compatible.
** Fully adjustable, removable waist pad.
** Easy load and retrieval of items via front-load, clamshell design.
** Made In The USA.

Color: Black, Olive Drab and Khaki are standard. Other colors available upon special request for an additional charge.<hr height=1px color=black noshade>
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Maxpedition

A pack I seriously considered buying before I knew anything about the Marauders and RAIDs. Maxpedition gear appears to be pretty well made, sturdy gear. As I stated before I have no experience with these packs so it's an opinion based solely on catalog images.

The features are slightly different from the previous packs. It does have external webbing on the front and sides but not quite the amount of the Eagle A-III MOLLE.

Need to carry gear?  Lots of gear?  The Vulture 3-Day Assault Pack is your answer with 2810 cubic inches (46 liters) of carry capacity in three compartments equipped with YKK #10 zippers and paracord knot pulls. Comfortable back padding, supple curvaceous straps supported by 1.25" nylon webbing, a chest strap, and a waist strap help distribute the weight evenly throughout the upper body. Removable 1" nylon webbing loops at the bottom can be used to tie a sleeping bag or a tripod.  

A row of sewn nylon hard points in the front allows users to attach other MAXPEDITION pouches and accessories with our "snap and anchor" modular expansion system.  Compatible with most hydration systems (up to 100 oz. water bladder) available on the market today.

MAXPEDITION's Y-shaped retention strap helps maintain the shape and integrity of the bag and can be used to hold a coil of rope.

Capacity:  2810 cu. in. / 46 liters
Hydration:  Up to 100oz Bladder
Support:  1in Sternum Strap, 2in Integrated Belt

Dimensions : 20.5"(H) x 16"(W) x 7.5"(D) Main Compartment
   15.5"(H) x 12"(W) x 2.75"(D) Front Pouch
   15.5"(H) x 12"(W) Slip Pocket
Empty Weight:  56.8 oz.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#11]
to be continued...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Great idea for a thread.

Question...

The ones that are "hydration compatible" do they have a place for a bladder or a place for a bladder in its carrier?  I have a camelback and I'd like to store it complete in a threeday pack.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#13]

Originally Posted By Currahee:
Question... The ones that are "hydration compatible" do they have a place for a bladder or a place for a bladder in its carrier?  I have a camelback and I'd like to store it complete in a threeday pack.

Most of the ones I've played around with have a "sleeve" inside the pack that accomodates the bladder, but not the whole hydration carrier depending on which carrier you have. If you have the basic carrier it's likely you could squeeze it in there, but don't hold me to that. Anything larger you're going to have to either ditch the carrier or figure out a way to attach it to the outside of the pack.

The sleeve, depending on the pack you're working with can either be accessed externally or you have to load it in through the main comparment (usually just a material divider in the back of the main compartment) and there is some sort of "port" on most if not all packs for running the hydration tube out from the compartment.

It's probably a good idea to see how the bladder is loaded. The ones that have a separate compartment are less likely to "sweat" on your gear than those that more or less share the space inside the main compartment.

I have a Camelback BFM, which is more or less a Motherlode on steroids. That has a whole separate compartment for the bladder which cuts down on condensation getting on your gear.

Blackhawk and Camelback both make a 3DAP that is "marketed" as a hydration system.

Blackhawk makes the HydraStorm™ Force 5™ Coyote Tan which is essentially their 3DAP with a bladder from what I can tell.

The brutally strong choice of the Spec Ops community. This is the largest of all the HydraStorm™ pack systems. Over 2,240 cubic inches of storage area.

Drink system protected by Microban® antimicrobial treatment*
Market proven bite valve and patented quick disconnect system
• IVS molded back panel superior for comfort, stability, and airflow
• Contoured shoulder straps
• Fully padded removable waist strap
• Accessory/sleeping bag straps
• Grip-force heavy-duty top carry/drag handle
• YKK zippers with sure-grip, silent pulls
• Rigid bottom panel to keep weight centered and efficient
• Fully adjustable and removable sternum strap

Cubes: 2,240
Weight: 2 lb., 15 oz.
H2O Capacity: 100 oz / 3 liters

Average Dimensions:
Main Compartment: 18 x 11.5 x 5.75
Pocket: 14 x 12 x 2.5

Microban® Technology incorporated into our hydration systems does not reduce or eliminate the need to use good hygiene practices. The technology is not an alternative to good cleaning and care of your system, but is an aid in this process. The built in protection inhibits the growth of damaging microbes such as bacteria, mold, and mildew but does not protect the user from microbes already present in the water source.

The Camelback MotherLode™ is essentially a 3DAP in design, but comes with a hydration bladder as well.

You're on a long mission and always on the move. Choose a ruck that will support your extended operation. Choose CamelBak’s BFM™. Our largest system, the BFM has a versatile load configuration deisgn that can carry it all. Comfortably. Pack out 2600 cu. in. (42 L) of gear and up to two 3-litre reservoirs of water internally.

Features & Specifications
• Multiple storage spaces include main compartment with dual zippered mesh pockets and divided organizer, safety kit pocket for first aid supplies, side pockets for MREs or ammo, and a zippered slat pocket for maps, files, or other low-profile items.
• Full clamshell opening makes adding the NEW MedBak Insert a breeze.
• NEW- Add or remove nametags and unit badges quickly with integrated Velcro strips.
• Includes HydroLink™ Modular Connection System with positive shut-off HydroLock™.
• Includes OMEGA™ Reservoir – fill and clean easier than ever.
• ASIPS Radio attachment points hold communications securely.
• Air Channel™ back panel with Aluminum frame and lumbar support.
• Independent Suspension Harness keeps load stable as you move.
• Zippered back panel access makes loading a full reservoir easy. Click here to see how the zipper access makes it easier to load a reservoir.
• Dual compression straps keep load stable, while side-panel compression straps cinch down added gear or reservoirs.
• Tough, abrasion-resistant 1000D Cordura® exterior.

Capacity: 100 oz (3.0 l)
Dimensions: 21 in x 13 in x 10 in (533 mm x 330 mm x 254 mm) Volume: Cargo – 2550 cu in (41.8 l) • Total Volume – 2730 cu in (44.7 l)
Weight: Empty Reservoir – 5.57 lbs (2.53 kg) • Filled Reservoir – 11.82 lbs (5.36 kg)

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:35:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#15]

Originally Posted By brassburn:
Usually in the hydration compatible packs there is a pocket sewn in to hold the hydration device with an access slot cut in the top for the hose.  
a simplified version of what I was trying to say.

A few more of these types of threads covering the most sought after items (plate carriers/vests/chest rigs/mag pouches etc.) would be a great resource.
I don't know dick about those types of things.. I would say someone like SinistralRifleman or maybe hoplophile would be good people to get that one started. Or look in the Gear pr0n thread. Some serious gurus in there who seems to be able to cannablize the best from everything out there into über-rigs..  

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#16]
totally bitchen thread pathfinder!!!! glad it got pinned!

meat
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I have been looking for a good one so tag!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:25:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#18]
Diamondback Tactical
BattleLab Three Day Assault Pack

This is the ultimate three-day assault pack with features that include interior hydration sleeve, access to large main compartment through the top opening and a bottom half-moon zippered opening. This innovative bottom opening design gives you ready access to that vital piece of kit you just happened to stuff in the bottom of your bag when you really need it. The exterior has PALS/MOLLE webbing for additional pouch attachments. Shoulder straps and back panels are padded with Drylux material for enhanced comfort and durability. There is also an optional accessory waist belt that can be added to the pack for increased carry capacity. The belt features PALS/MOLLE attachment points for adding extra pouches and can be used with the pack or stand-alone. Antenna ports and hydration hose port are located at the top of the pack. Also features a robust carry handle. Engineered strength and durability were paramount in the design and manufacturing of this pack. You may be able to overload yourself but not this pack! <hr height=1px color=black noshade>
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#19]

London Bridge Trading Co.

Three Day Assault Backpack

Comfortable and durable, this mid-sized frames assault pack features 3/8" closed cell foam back padding, adjustable padded shoulder straps, removable waist strap, internal frame or hydration bladder (optional items) pouch, two external pockets, alice clip attachment webbing on bottom and
a heavy duty carry handle. Four cinch straps with side release buckles protect main compartment zipper. Constructed using 1000 denier Dupont© Cordura©. Currently used worldwide by all U.S. military services.

Features:
- 1000 denier Dupont Cordura
- Handy, comfortable, durable, mid-sized and frameless
- Adjustable shoulder straps padded with 1/2" closed cell foam; D-rings provided for equipment attach points
- Form provided by a 3/8" closed cell inner core providing padding for the back
- Removable waist strap
- Inside back is provided with a pouch that will accept a hydration bladder or removable internal frame
- Overall dimensions: 20"H x 7"D x 15"W
- Approximate cargo space: 2,000 cubic inches
- Adjustable sternum strap with side release buckle
- Main compartment zipper protected by four side release buckles and web cinch straps
- Sleeping bag straps and alice clip web on bottom
- Heavy duty carry handle

Reviewed by Sniper Country

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:43:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#20]
NOTE: I can't with any certainty that this one is definitely made by this company.

CSM Tactical
3 Day Pack $120.00
- Three zippered compartments.
- Main compartment has camelback pouch with large grommet for hose.
- Zippered compartment on outside front.
- Four synch straps(two on each side) for compression. <hr height=1px color=black noshade>
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#21]
This is actually marketed as an medical pack, not an "assault pack", but I thought the design was kind of interesting. If nothing else it's a link to their page to check out some of their other packs. They have some interesting designs.

Stat Packs Stealth

The Stealth incorporates advanced features of modern outdoor long-haul hiking packs with the realistic need and governmental requirements of Military, SWAT, and Special ops medics. Created to help Tactical Medics carry necessary medical equipment in special operation situations.

- Foam-lined construction maintains pack shape and protects contents
- Main compartment houses three removable sub-packs that are held in place with hook-&-loop backing
- Internal sub-packs feature durable urethane windows for quick identification and access to equipment
- Quick-zip access to main compartment with reverse coil zippers to offer fast, smooth action while providing protection from dirt and wear
- Single-buckle top closure allows quick in and out
- Ergonomic, padded shoulder straps, back panel and waistbelt offer comfort during long transport
- Padded, breathable back panel holds hydration bladder
- Large side pockets allow quick access to vital sign tools
- Whistle built into sternum strap buckle provides safety
- Load handle for quick/easy carry
- Large zipper pulls allow easy, quick access even while wearing gloves
- Available in Tactical colors
High quality construction and materials are backed by a lifetime warranty

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#22]
Patriot Performance Materials

This small assault pack is made and assembled in the USA using only US made materials. It is fully modular. These packs come in your choice of the following colors.
Features of the Small Assault Pack:

Internal Features
- Hydration sleeve for hydration system
- Internal aluminum stays, removable
- Built in signal panel
- Passport pocket - will accommodate Map Pocket Holster - sold separately
- One vertical and two horizontal radio straps, removable
- Microphone and antenna ports

External Features
- Hydration port for hydration tube access
- Fully adjustable sternum strap, removable
- Bar tacked mod strips cover exterior, fully modular
- Drain holes
- Carrying Handle
- Quick release adjustable shoulder straps
- Lowering line attachment points for airborne operations

Also available are Patriot Performance Medium Assault Pack and Large Assault Pack. The LAP bears a resemblance to the Camelback BFM.
New Link: 11 Oct 05: optactical.com
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:28:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#23]

IMS Plus Special Forces Assault Pack

Combat Backpacks
SPECIAL FORCES COMBAT ASSAULT PACK. This heavy duty Cordura® nylon combat assault pack  features two 'Pop Flare' pouches on the right side and one ' Pop Flare/Radio pouch on the left side. The large top-loading main compartment measures 20"x13"x7" with internal cinch straps and water repellant pocket, a top-loading secondary compartment measures 20"x13"x2", and the final compartment is a easy-access zippered document pouch that measures aprox. 15"x12". Shoulder straps, waist pad and back of this pack are padded with closed foam which aids in comfort and flotation.  Additional features include oversized zipper pulls, quick release buckles, removable sternum strap, drag/carry handle, tie down/A.L.I.C.E. Clip loops on the front and bottom of pack, antenna routing port  system, CamelBak® (or equivalent) hydration system ready, trim-taped edges, and drainage grommets. This pack is truly a work of art, when it comes to comfort, design and affordability you cannot beat this pack! Weight is about 3 pounds and is available in Olive Drab, Black, Woodland Camo, , Desert Tiger Stripe or Regular Tiger Stripe.  NEW. (Note: Hydration system not included. The OD pack in the pictures appear khaki but but it really is Olive Drab.)

Also sold here
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:37:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#24]
Spec-Ops Brand T.H.E. Pack

features and benefits

* Made from super durable 1000D. Cordura®  Nylon fabric (by far the toughest 1000D nylon fabric on the market today).
   * Huge YKK #10 zippers on main compartment and large outer pockets.
   * Double Layer Pack Top eliminates stress failure associated with excessive use of carry/drag handle.
   * Dual Compression Straps with integrated load loops on pocket faces.
   * Removable 2" waist belt with "Endless" adjustment - no flapping straps!
   * Dual External Access port covers.
   * Compatible with Spec-Ops® Brand X-SYSTEM and incorporates our MTX SHOULDER HARNESS SYSTEM
   * PACK DIMENSIONS: 19" high, 13" wide, 12" thick at bottom tapering to 9" at top. MAIN COMPARTMENT: 19"high x 13" wide x 7" thick  
   * @ 1730 cubic inches. TOP POCKET: 8" high x 10" wide x 2.5" thick  @ 250 cubic inches. BOTTOM POCKET: 10" high x 12" wide x
   * 3.5" thick @  570 cubic inches. TOTAL CAPACITY: 2550 cubic inches.
     Backed by Spec.-Ops. Brand’s unique lifetime guarantee.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:41:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#25]
BDS Tactical

BDS Tactical Scorpion

BDS Tactical Stacker Cobra Pack

The Stacker Cobra Pack is the first back pack in our Stacker line.  The main compartment is12"x18"x6" with a slot to that can hold up to a 100oz hydration bladder that has a velcro tab to hang the bladder off of so it does not sink into the bottom of the pocket.  On the front of the pack there is a 11"x12"x3.5" large general purpose pouch that has 5 rows of PALS webbing on the front and a 10"x2" Hook & Loop fastener for attaching name tapes, or Durkadurkastan Patches.  The inside of the 11"x12"x3.5" general purpose pouch has two 10"x11", and two 5"x5" pockets for organizing your kit.  On the front of the pack there is also a smaller 11"x5"x3.5" general purpose pouch with 2 rows of PALS webbing on the front.  The inside of the 11"x5"x3.5" general purpose pouch has two 5"x3" pockets for organizing smaller items.  The side of the main compartment is covered in PALS webbing, and has sinch straps to tie down the pack, or hold a rifle.  The back and shoulder pads of the pack is padded with 1/2" closed cell foam and cool max for maximum comfort.  The top of the pack has a heavy-duty doubled carry handle that will not come off.  The shoulder pads are fully adjustable, with an adjustable sternum strap for wearing over second line gear.  Each compartment has a large grommet in the bottom for drainage.  1900 Total cubic inches.   The BDS Tactical Stacker Cobra Pack is backed by a lifetime guarantee.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:10:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#26]
SDS (Specialty Defense Systems) has several packs that could be considered 3DAPs. The product descriptions vary in depth so it's hard to tell what would compare some to other 3DAPs based on volume and dimensions.

Back Packs : M/A Assault Pack Large  
Larger Image  Style Number: 4095  
The Large Assault Pack can be attached to the MOLLE system or worn as a stand alone item. Consists of a large main pocket, smaller front pocket and cleaning utility pocket. The pack integrates with hydrations systems and communications systems and is ready for airborne operations.

Back Packs : Pursuit
Larger Image  Style Number: S0002  
SDS' Mid Range pack at 2500 Cubic Inches. Featuring the latest in Materials Technology using Spacenet fabric on all Body Contact areas to prevent Heat Buildup and Allow for Moisture Evaporation. The Conflict has adjustable and redundant frame sizing and attachments Double Belt Technology allowing you to mount pockets both on the outside pockets and inside of the waistbelt.

Features:
- 5 External Pockets
- Internal Side Compression
- Internal Center Compressions
- SDS Katana Quiet Zipper Pulls
- Shoulder Pad Lift Straps
- Left or Right Neoprene Radio Port
- External Hydration Compartment
- E-Tool Pocket
Imported (Made using USA Fabrics)

Back Packs : Engage  
Larger Image  Style Number: S0003  
SDS' Small Assault Pack at 1800 Cubic Inches. . Featuring the latest in Materials Technology using Spacenet fabric on all Body Contact areas to prevent Heat Buildup and Allow for Moisture Evaporation. The Engage has adjustable and redundant frame sizing and attachments Double Belt Technology allowing for placement of MOLLE Compatible pockets on the waistbelt.

Features:
- Full Opening Flat Front Pocket
- Side Entry Pocket between Main and Outer Pocket
- Internal Center Compressions
- SDS Katana Quiet Zipper Pulls
- Shoulder Pad Lift Straps
- Left or Right Neoprene Radio Port
Imported (Made using USA Fabrics)
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:29:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#27]
This is a pretty sharp looking pack... but the price is so sharp it'll cut your wallet into pieces.

It does have a really interesting feature with the expandable lower pouch. I'd love to see this feature in more packs. It'd be great for popping a "wooby" poncho liner and/or lightweight sleeping bag (depending on the volume).

S.O. Tech (Special Operations Technologies)

Mission Pack
S.O. Tech Backpack, Medical/Trauma, Large (MPMD)

S.O. Tech's super-comfortable Mission Pack with an expandable, lower pouch that zippers up and is concealed when not in use.  This ovesized three-day pack is perfect for holding the medic's gear in modules that drop into the main compartment and his field gear can go in the expandable lower pouch and external compartments. When not performing medic duties, the soldier can remove the modules and use the pack as a field pack.

Product Catalog: Packs
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:07:48 AM EDT
[#28]
I have one of these packs and while I wouldn't say they're as good as some of the more reputable brand/manufacturers, it's a decent bag for "non-tactical" applications.

Piper Gear

5031B- Three Day Pack (5031)
Technical pack with built-in hydration system compatibility. This product is great for efficient travelers who appreciate functionality. List of features include: padded straps, adjustable everything, waist strap, organizer compartment, and front zip compartment gives that extra features that everybody needs.

Dimensions: 15 x 6 x 16 in.  
Weight: 4.4 Qty
Price: $49.99

For something a little larger check out the Bugout-Bag
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Geez, this thread pwns
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:47:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Great info, thanks!  My everyday backpack just crapped out and I'm looking at upgrading to something a bit more versatile.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#31]
PATHFINDER YOU ARE THE SHIT!!!!!!! thanks man this is exactly what I needed
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:57:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#32]
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textQuote><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Originally Posted By Terrato:
Great info, thanks!  My everyday backpack just crapped out and I'm looking at upgrading to something a bit more versatile.  
<hr height=1px color=black noshade>

Lightfighter ATS Tactical Gear seems to have one of the larger variety of choices for "assault" packs.

ATS Tactical

I really like how their product page is set up because you can choose by the brand or just look at all of them together. Their site was kind of my starting point for this thread before I started digging through my pile of "favorites" links.

ps. I'm not an advertising whore for them or anything. After going through so many of the manufacturer's websites and seeing some seriously crappy pages, I have a serious appreciation for Lightfighter's layout.

ETA 16Jan07: I'm not sure when Lightfighter changed to ATS Tactical but their website is just as good in terms of viewing the various packs and selecting them based on type or manufacturer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Lightfighter seems to have one of the larger variety of choices for "assault" packs.

Lightfighter

I really like how their product page is set up because you can choose by the brand or just look at all of them together. Their site was kind of my starting point for this thread before I started digging through my pile of "favorites" links.

ps. I'm not an advertising whore for them or anything. After going through so many of the manufacturer's websites and seeing some seriously crappy pages, I have a serious appreciation for Lightfighter's layout.

Thanks, I spent a lot of time looking at their site yesterday, and comparing what they had to your descriptions here.  It's a great starting point.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jollyroger] [#34]
Has anyone checked out the Kelty MAP-3500?  It doesnt scream uber-tactical ninja, but it does look like it has some desireable features and comes in great colors.  3,500 cu's seems a bit bigger than alot of the other 3DAP's, but it looks like they packaged it well.  Check out the link...

http://www.amronintl.com/safety/products.cfm?id=631

Edit: how do I make the link hot??
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:13:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#35]

Originally Posted By jollyroger:
Has anyone checked out the Kelty MAP-3500? 3,500 cu's seems a bit bigger than alot of the other 3DAP's, but it looks like they packaged it well.

I didn't originally put that one in because the cubic volume went a bit beyond the regular 3DAPs but it looks like a sweet pack. I'll do it anyay. it doesn't seem to be featured/listed on the Kelty website so I'm just pulling the images off of a retailer page. If they red-x out I'll find some from another site. Do a Google search for the pack name to find other retailers.

Kelty MAP 3500 Military Assault Pack

SKU# PCAM3500
price: $129.95

Designed and Engineered with the help of direct military end-user input and feedback at the Boulder 2000 conference, the MAP 3500's are the commercial off the shelf (COTS) solution for a sturdy and functional Military Assault Pack (MAP). When the Special Operations (SOF) community requested a "new" and improved assault pack,  The KELTY Pack company was chosen for its reputation as a renowned manufacturer in the outdoor industry.

Designed to meet the needs of the field, they also work as carry on luggage for business travel, fitting in overhead storage compartments on all commercial airliners.

Features:
- 3500 cubic in. volume
- Super Space Mesh on back panel & shoulder strap
- Hydrophobic foam in back panel & shoulder straps
- 1000 denier Kodra construction, double stitched
- Internal suspension, two fit to form Light-Beam stay rods
- Panel loading pack, single large compartment 2 exterior zippered pockets
- Interior hydration pouch, supports up to 100 oz bladder
- Hydration port at top of pack allows for drink tube to be used over either shoulder.  Hydration port has snap on top flap closure  
- Exterior cargo pocket w/fleece eyewear pocket & admin organizer pocket
- Side mesh pockets (fits 1qt lexan water bottles each side)
- Waist belt w/Scherer cinch system, with waist belt tuck-away feature
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Fully adjustable (removable/replaceable) shoulder straps
- Dimensions: 21 H x 14 W x 11 D
- Cubes: 3,500
- Wt: 4 lbs

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#36]
That pack would be absolute SEX if it had MOLLE on the outside
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:22:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jollyroger] [#37]

Has anyone checked out the Kelty MAP-3500? 3,500 cu's seems a bit bigger than alot of the other 3DAP's, but it looks like they packaged it well.

I didn't originally put that one in because the cubic volume went a bit beyond the regular 3DAPs but it looks like a sweet pack. I'll do it anyay. it doesn't seem to be featured/listed on the Kelty website so I'm just pulling the images off of a retailer page. If they red-x out I'll find some from another site. Do a Google search for the pack name to find other retailers.

I agree 3500 is a bit large.  If they could make a MAPII with 2200 cu's or something that might be cool.  I had to do a search on it as well because their website didnt have it.   The link I gave has them for $120's I believe.  I think for the guy that wants/needs more space this might be a good deal, the price is decent anyway.  I dont own this pack, just thought it looked promising.  

How about the kifaru Express?  Looks like a good slim design.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:20:03 PM EDT
[#38]

How about the kifaru Express?  Looks like a good slim design.

Looks like it's about the same profile as the Marauder.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#39]
and what is the definition of a 3 day pack?  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By eggrolly:
and what is the definition of a 3 day pack?  

A pack that is capable of holding enough gear to sustain you for 3 days.
- may or may not have internal frame
- may or may not have a waist belt that may or may not be removable
- generally has one main compartment and 1 or more secondary pockets

How's that?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#41]
It's expensive as hell, but I have a London Bridge Geronimo OPFOR model. Internal frame, some external pockets, used to strap a M240B tripod underneath it, put about 600 rounds of belted 7.62mm in it (100 round box in each of the externals), and still have room for some snivel gear. Made a good RTO bag after I changed slots too. I bless my grandmother for having great taste in birthday presents.

Lightfighter can be great to deal with, I've been buying junk from Brad since he was still running that place out of his garage.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By WiseguyThreeOne:
It's expensive as hell, but I have a London Bridge Geronimo OPFOR model.

I had a discussion with Pyro over in Lightfighter about LBT, particularly the EOD pack. He was pretty adamant about how the their packs definitely did not justify the high price tag.

I don't know him personally nor can I verify the validity of his comments. Just something to beare in mind.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#43]
theres merit in his comments... LBT products do tend to be more overpriced for what you get... but then again since a fair chunk of the customer base has uncle sugars bankbook on hand then whos to complain.

EGG
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Any experience with this company?

Eberlestock

Has anyone used this particular pack:

http://www.downrangesports.com/browseproducts/Eberlestock-Spec-Ops-Gunslinger-Pack.html

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:35:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pathfinder74] [#45]

Originally Posted By CattleDog:
Any experience with this company?
Eberlestock
Has anyone used this particular pack

Discussed pretty well in this thread: Eberlestock Special Operations Backpacks

I would consider that more or a "mission pack" as opposed to a 3-Day Assault Pack. It has some nteresting features that I wouldn't mind seeing as seperate "parts".

FEATURES:
- Removable waist belt (for traveling, and for a better fit with some tactical gear)
- Dual hydration compatible (can hold two 3 liter hydration systems)
- Scabbard folds into bottom of pack for use with shorter weapons or when not carrying weapons
- Scabbard has new drainage and cleanout system
- New HIGH VIS interior
- Both top and full side access to the main compartment
- New larger top cover compartment (will hold several ammo boxes)
- Ample MOLLE compatible webbing
- Fully adjustable shoulder harness
- Triple compression strap system for quick lash-on of bulky gear, and for compressing your load
- #10 zippers throughout
- Removable top cover for gun scabbard fully encloses your gun, or can be left off so you can quickdraw it.

Eberlestock Special Operations Backpacks
Our packs display versatility and flexibility for all missions, and go way beyond anything in prior existence in terms of their quality, features, and design. For activities where you're carrying a gun and you need both hands free, such as rappelling, Eberlestock packs are unsurpassed. Also, for those who carry more than one long gun, an excellent system is to have the first (say, an automatic weapon) carried on a shoulder sling, and the second (say, a sniper rifle or shotgun) in the Backscabbard™. If you need the other gun for a new application, you can drop the auto onto the sling and reach up and pull out the heavy gun.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#46]
I've had two LBT bags, both personally paid for. One was stolen, and I still have the other.

I bought my Geronimo in 2002 before they got so expensive, it was about 240 then and it's close to 400 now. Worth it today? Probably not. But it's an anvil of a bag. Heavy, but it's been abused most every way a bag can be in the field and in combat, and it cleaned up good as new with a power washer.

I like the new SOB THE Pack, one of the few bags available in the ACU camo, and lots of PALS webbing on it.

Whatever you do, don't buy one of the SDS bags, especially the little one that comes with the MOLLE system. If you're over 14, the straps won't work right on you, and they're just too small to be worth the effort. It's an approach-march bag, not a three-day pack, and it's even too small to hold most of your actions-on-objective gear.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By WiseguyThreeOne:
Whatever you do, don't buy one of the SDS bags

If you're going to tell people not to buy something, be a little more specific on the model.
I've listed three above, by name.
At  2,500 cubic the Pursuit is above average in volume.
The Engage is probably pushing it at 1,800 cubic.
The first pack listed, the M/A Assault Pack Large, doesn't show a volume measurement, so I put it up giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#48]
This thread is brilliant...and timely.  A 3-day pack is next on my shopping list, thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Sorry, the "M/A Large", it's the standard one included in the MOLLE kit when ours were issued to us new-in-box before Iraq the first time we went. Well enough made, all the SDS MOLLE stuff held up fine except for a couple of the ruck frames, that bag is just way too small to be a useful design so my question about their civilian name for it is "large compared to what?".

Never seen the other two before.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm quiet happy with my SDS Patrol Pack.  6 mags in their bandoleer snapped in the outer pocket. Camelback in the internal sleeve.  spare clothing and food in the main compartment.  If you need more space add pouches to the outside.

Mine is often set up with (3) grenade pouches, (2) double M16 Mag pouches, and (2) 100 round ammo pouches attached.  For even more space add the Molle "butt pack" to the bottum of the pack.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top