Link Posted: 4/9/2005 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Check Military Moron's review here:
MM Marauder Review

F*CKING AWESOME!!! Thanks dude!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2005 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
what you dont own one?  I think its time to resolve that problem. :-)
Link Posted: 4/10/2005 7:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what you dont own one?  I think its time to resolve that problem. :-)

We'll see. Right now I can only afford to look.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 8:14:01 AM EDT
[#5]
My brother has a Maurader, Ill see if I cant snag it to take some pics.

Remman
Link Posted: 4/13/2005 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Steve.
Link Posted: 4/13/2005 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#8]
bump... anyone else have one besides me in a few months?
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a multicam Pointman on order....  Does that count?
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
bump... anyone else have one besides me in a few months?

Ordered one in late April. Expecting it this month. Hopefully.

Does it take so long to get them because they make them as they're ordered or because they can't keep them in stock long enough to keep the supply up with the demand?
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#13]
There is a CB Marauder for sale on the EE from TopCrest.  ETA for link: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=243165  <---Is that OK to do??

I like that it is a panel loader, and I would scoop it up, except I want a slightly larger pack.  The Navigator is similar (panel loader) but about 1,500 cubes larger, and would be my choice.  I might go nutzo and get an EMR though, just because it is ridiculously huge.  I could throw a Marauder on there as a pocket....
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 3:44:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
There is a CB Marauder for sale on the EE from TopCrest.  ETA for link: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=243165  <---Is that OK to do??

I like that it is a panel loader, and I would scoop it up, except I want a slightly larger pack.  The Navigator is similar (panel loader) but about 1,500 cubes larger, and would be my choice.  I might go nutzo and get an EMR though, just because it is ridiculously huge.  I could throw a Marauder on there as a pocket....

I asked about that... I'm pretty sure it's the older smaller "volume" model. The newer one is a bit larger. I just figure that the Marauder is a good size because if you need bigger you can always attach large pockets onto it... I can't stand having extra space and nothign to fil it with and having a floppy pack.
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I asked about that... I'm pretty sure it's the older smaller "volume" model. The newer one is a bit larger. I just figure that the Marauder is a good size because if you need bigger you can always attach large pockets onto it... I can't stand having extra space and nothign to fil it with and having a floppy pack.

Ah, didn't know there was a re-design.  The current pack is 2,500 cubes, and you could add 2 long pockets (adding 1,300 cubes) to the sides and a Back pouch (1,000 cubes) or an E&E (1,000 cubes ) to the back.  That would bump the volume up to 4,800 cubes, which is pretty big.  Hmmm.......

As for floppy packs, the Kifaru packs usually have a lot of compression straps to shrink down the volume when not needed.  I think the EMR has something like 12 compression straps.
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Product : Quantity : Price
Marauder Coyote Brown : 1 : 257.00
Add Grommets : 1 : 15.00
Padded with PALS and Power Pull Belt Coyote Brown : 1 : 48.00
Long Pocket Top Zip Coyote Brown : 1 : 48.00
Lock n Load #2 : 1 : 13.00
Lock n Load #7 : 1 : 21.00

Also bought some mag pouches from Emdom.

I never thought I'd spend this much money on a backpack. The corruption that is AR15.com is becoming the bane of my bank account.
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Product : Quantity : Price
Marauder Coyote Brown : 1 : 257.00
Add Grommets : 1 : 15.00
Padded with PALS and Power Pull Belt Coyote Brown : 1 : 48.00
Long Pocket Top Zip Coyote Brown : 1 : 48.00
Lock n Load #2 : 1 : 13.00
Lock n Load #7 : 1 : 21.00

Also bought some mag pouches from Emdom.

I never thought I'd spend this much money on a backpack. The corruption that is AR15.com is becoming the bane of my bank account.

Kifaru disease is as deadly as black rifle fever, you will soon own a Pointman, EMR or MMR and a Tailgunner, i guarentee it!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Kifaru disease is as deadly as black rifle fever, you will soon own a Pointman, EMR or MMR and a Tailgunner, i guarentee it!!

I doubt it... I hate really large rucks. This will be the last pack I will ever buy... just like my last gun... well, maybe not the gun, but the pack for sure.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm starting to save my money for an EMR.  I have a Camelbak BFM that I use a lot for short hikes, but I want... no NEED a larger pack and it has to be the EMR!  
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I just bought an OD Marauder from someone on LF.  It's awesome and is now my aidbag, CamelBak, and buttpack in one.  The shoulder straps are awesome, the "frame" is pretty comfortable, and the space is great.  The only problem I've really had with it at this point was getting the hydration straw through the hole in the back panel.  It was only a big deal because I have the bite valve cover on my bladders.  This pack really does hold a shitload of stuff in it, and I haven't filled it to capacity.  I also haven't gotten any pouches to put inside it yet either.  The reason I cancelled my order for a MC RAID and got this is because of the PALS on the inside.  That, to me, is what makes this such a great aidbag: I can put pockets inside to hold all my medical crap, pockets outside to hold all my buttpack crap, strap a poncho liner/bivvy sack/whatever to the bottom, and shove my bladder inside as well.  It does pretty much everything I need it to.  I have a MALICE III if I need a ruck.
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The reason I cancelled my order for a MC RAID and got this is because of the PALS on the inside.

By far the biggest selling point for me... I love that it caters to obsessive compulsive packers like me who wants everything to be the way I want it to, not the way some other tool decided thats the way I needed it.

I ordered a few pouches but I plan on putting more in down the road once I figure out how I want everything laid out in it... not to mention having pouches that are "mission specific" (i.e. Pop-Tart Recovery missions, v. going camping).

I can't wait to get this thing!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
. Pop-Tart Recovery missions,

My 1000 denier nylon quick release molle compatible four slot toaster is pat pending you know

Working on a tactical suspended toaster oven system that runs on Coleman fuel tanks as we speak... and a MOLLE compatible tactical Pop-Tart STRIKE holster and I'm in league with MagPul to create the Tart-Puls for quick access and reloading of the oven.... patents pending.
Link Posted: 7/1/2005 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
. Pop-Tart Recovery missions,

My 1000 denier nylon quick release molle compatible four slot toaster is pat pending you know

Working on a tactical suspended toaster oven system that runs on Coleman fuel tanks as we speak... and a MOLLE compatible tactical Pop-Tart STRIKE holster and I'm in league with MagPul to create the Tart-Puls for quick access and reloading of the oven.... patents pending.

You can put me down for 1 doz. Tart-Puls if they will fit Brown Sugar tarts....
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 4:50:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I just bought an OD Marauder

That's at least three threads where you've mentioned your Marauder. PICTURES!!??
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 1:11:35 AM EDT
[#27]
I wish I owned a digital camera.  I ought to, because I can take a decent picture, but I spend my money on gear instead.  Sorry.  I'll try to get some soon, once I get it set up.  Pouches for it are on the way.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#28]
btt: added picture on page 1!!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Well crap.  I have my M'der all decked out inside now, and I still have no cam'ra to use on it.  Damn this thing makes a good aidbag.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Thankfully, no, it didn't.  And holy moley, it just makes me want to unzip it and look inside it every 5 minutes, just to see how good it looks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#32]
This post is the same as my thread on LF.

I finally set up my Marauder with some pouches and such, and got pictures of it.

Today was the first day I actually got to use it the way I originally intended.  I've had to change that intent, due to my findings.  I have a Tactical Tailor MALICE pack that I usually just rig my CB MULE to, and that works fine for the 7-mile hikes I do every now and then.  I tried doing this pack the same way, and it doesn't work so well.  It adds a bit too much weight in the wrong places, and makes it VERY uncomfortable to carry as such.  The pictures show how they're rigged together.

The INSIDE, however, I really like.  I'm in the process of rounding up a couple of big pouches to slap on the outside to hold all my buttpack-type stuff, like an MRE, cleaning kit, poncho, batteries, etc.  Basically, I've consolidated this bag down to being my aidbag, my Camelbak, and my buttpack all at once.  Now I just have to find a way to carry it with my ruck.  I'm REALLY considering buying a Kifaru MMR.  

Now for the pictures:

This shows the way the straps of the Marauder run down through the carry handle on what is essentially a MALICE 3 ruck.  It's a 2 that's been modded to a 3 by TT.  Anyways, the straps of the Kifaru run down through the handle, then under the two big cinch straps that hold the MALICE's top flap down, then they buckle like normal.  Then I ran the side cinch straps of the Kifaru under the TT cinch straps, and cinched them down to stabilize the Marauder from wobbling.  This worked pretty well to keep side-to-side movement to basically nothing.

This shows what I'm talking about, as far as the side cinches on the Marauder going around the TT main cinch straps.  

A top view of the Marauder, looking down into the hydration pocket inside.  I've got a Camelbak chemical resistant bladder in there (why, I really don't know, I just do).  It was a bitch to fit the bite valve through the little hole on the backside of the Marauder, because I've got the bite valve cover installed.  Then it was hard to get the on/off switch through there.  It works great now, though.  The other things you see are a couple of Multicam GP pouches.  You'll see what's in them in a minute.

Okay.  Here's the meat of the pack.  This is what it looks like when you first open it up.  Things that aren't in the pouches are:

Ambu Spur BVM; large trauma dressing; TT IV bag, with 1000cc NS, startkit, two of every size catheter; two 36" SAM splints, which line the pack and support the sides; one amp D50; sharps shuttle; two travel soapdishes.  One soapdish contains neosporin, aloe gel, and hydrocortizone cream.  The other has one ampule Epi 1:1000, a couple of Vanishpoint syringes, alcohol wipes, some pseudoephedrine, and some other little OTC drugs like Loratadine and such.  

Here's the pouch layout, without all the other stuff in there.  Clockwise from upper left, it's all EssTac stuff, but half of it's old hand-me-down stuff: Minimed horizontal w/matching PALS webbing, canteen GP, large GP, large GP, canteen GP, packrat, packrat, shears.  I really could use some larger pouches instead of the packrats, but they hold what I need them to, which is small stuff.  Keeps me from putting unnecessary items in there.  

Okay, now the insides of the pouches, starting with the two Multicam large GP's.  The first one holds bandage supplies.  There's a couple large rolls of kerlix down in there, two Israeli bandages, a 2" roll of something like ACE wrap, but thinner, and a 4" ACE.  Oh, and 2" Durapore.  I'm a big Durapore fan, with 2" being my favorite size.  You'll see tape is a recurring theme in this bag, because I can never find it when I'm looking for it.  The other pouche holds airway-type stuff.  The outside PALS webbing has my size OPA, one size above, one size below, and two sizes below mine.  Inside, there is the same thing with NPA's.  I've got a couple of gauze sponges in there, along with two petrolatum gauzes, and three or four Asherman Chest Seals.  My thinking is that when a round goes in, it sometimes comes back out, and people do get hit with multiple rounds.  Granted, I'm not riding around in a combat zone or otherwise being shot at, but still.  There is also a roll of tape that I pulled out of there to clear up the shot some.

This next picture shows the two canteen pouches.  One holds diagnostic gear: BP cuff, glucometer, steth.  The other holds foot warmers, a cold pack, and a big-ass BurnJel dressing.  Also making an appearance is my Nonin 9500, which is a great little pulse ox for throwing in a pack.  I've got a very tactical Delta Airlines lanyard holding it to an Emoryflight carabiner, clipped into the PALS webbing inside the pack.  These things walk off really easily, so I'm taking no chances.

Here's a shot of the top packrat and the minimed horizontal.  The packrat holds a Cyalume, a lighter, a Sharpie, a pair of cheap plastic tweezers, and a Kershaw Avalanche.  Behind the pouch are a pair of shears.  I keep another pair on my chest rig as well.  The minimed holds mostly band-aid and boo-boo type OTC stuff.  There's a couple tubes of oral glucose and an EpiPen, Jr., but the rest of it is Benadryl, generic Immodium, bandaids, and some generic Gas-X.

And the last one.  This packrat holds some Ibuprofen, some Mylanta, some foam, some moleskin, and a roll of tape.  

The one thing I didn't get a shot of was the map pocket on the front flap.  It's filled to the gills with nitrile gloves.

All in all, I think I've got it started decently.  I'm going to round it out and add/subtract items as I play with it some more.  I greatly reduced the redundancy from before.  I used to have a crapload of stuff I didn't need, even when I didn't have room for a BVM.  It was all backwards.  I'm always open to suggestion as to what to change as far as loading a medical pack, being as it is that I have no field experience.  I'm still not sure where I'm going with the bag, though.  I'm gearing it toward hiking, but still toward the unfortunate accidental or intended shooting or something (you never know when you might sneak up on Deliverance 2k5 up in North GA).
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#33]
AWESOME PICTURES!!! THANKS!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:22:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Footrat, I've been waiting for pics like that for a good long while now.  Thanks for the depth of coverage!  I'm getting ready to pitch a very similar setup to my dept for our aidbags...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#35]
If you're ordering pouches and such, you can always get more specific with them.  I just basically got a bunch of pouches for free, in random colors and whatnot, and made them work for me.  You can also do up some velcro or sew-on nametape style labels for the pouches so that someone else getting into your bag will know where everything is.  I still need more fluids and stuff in there, but I need an IV bandoleer first.  Probably, I'll go with more 500cc NS bags instead of fewer 1000cc ones.  And startkits galore, because I have a fear of having to start bilateral large bores on someone that's crazy fucked up, and then running out of starting supplies because I didn't plan on missing or blowing a vein or something.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
If you're ordering pouches and such, you can always get more specific with them.  I just basically got a bunch of pouches for free, in random colors and whatnot, and made them work for me.  You can also do up some velcro or sew-on nametape style labels for the pouches so that someone else getting into your bag will know where everything is.  I still need more fluids and stuff in there, but I need an IV bandoleer first.  Probably, I'll go with more 500cc NS bags instead of fewer 1000cc ones.  And startkits galore, because I have a fear of having to start bilateral large bores on someone that's crazy fucked up, and then running out of starting supplies because I didn't plan on missing or blowing a vein or something.  

Funny, I added category nametapes to my last order from camotech.  Our standard start kits are prepacked with: 500cc NS, macro sets w/ extension, 14/16/18/20/22 angios, tourn., tape, guaze, etoh preps.  That makes it a bit easier setting up things like this.  I bought one of the HSGI IV wraps from skdtac with my last order and am T&E'ing that as well.

I work nights as an ALS echo (sup rig), and get the occasional warrant / meth lab that falls into the less than a call-out, but more than a street call where a more portable and expedient bag is the shit.  That and the nagging fear of getting stuck on (another) long K9 track or SAR humping our standard bag makes this a worthwhile cause for the TEMS team.  I don't buy into the STOMP / LBT rationale, of carrying a 20 man MCI pack and dropping it at the front wheel of the rig because it's too damn heavy to move.  The other guys don't know how bad a bad pack can suck, and I'd rather see us do it right once...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah, once I save up for an MMR, this thing will dock nicely with it.  I can throw my bag behind the seats in my truck, or take it just about anywhere.  I agree that having a nice aidbag is a plus, because having a crappy one really sucks.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Yeah, once I save up for an MMR, this thing will dock nicely with it.  I can throw my bag behind the seats in my truck, or take it just about anywhere.  I agree that having a nice aidbag is a plus, because having a crappy one really sucks.  

MMR PRON!!!  I scored this never used MMR off the Kifaru message boards for $375 shipped.  Added a couple of long pockets, and some miscellaneous pockets I had, and voila!  I bought a Tac Tailor medic pouch to use as a first aid kit (put an Adventure Medical Weekender kit in it.)  

I got some of the "dock and lock" style clips, made a few modifications to the male end, and created my own pseudo dock & lock medic pouch.  I figured it would be handy to be able to remove the medic pouch quickly and easily.  I also added some of the female buckles to the back of my BHI Strike rig so I could move the pouch around easily too.  It isn't as adjustable as the Kifaru Dock-n-Lock system, so I might break out the sewing machine and mod the TT pouch some more.

Anyway, I love this pack!

Not bad gear for a Chairborne Ranger in the 69th Barcolounger Division, eh?!

ETA:  UH OH, better put BOTD in the title.  I just noticed that parts of my Hooters Girls calendar on the garage wall were captured in a few of the pics.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Funny, cordura can really mess with a digicam!  Nice MMR.  I'm fingering a PPM MAP on a short-term fingering loan now
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Funny, cordura can really mess with a digicam!  Nice MMR.  I'm fingering a PPM MAP on a short-term fingering loan now

Thanks.  It has about 45 lbs in it right now, and is quite comfortable.  I need to get out and walk with it to see how the pack handles me I handle the pack.  It will be a flat hike, as my current job has done wonders to my waistline and overall fitness (I work for a beer company.)

And yes, the digicam does have trouble with the cordura.  I think it would be better in natural light.  It is a small camera, but the flash is pretty powerful, and I was only 5 feet away when I snapped the pics.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Beer company eh?  Ah the trials...

I wish I could get away with more natural lighting in my shots, but my neighbors (apt) would get scared.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
MMR PRON!!!  

I guess I"m going to have to change the title to "Marauder and other Kifaru packs".
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#43]
bump
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#44]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#45]
bump
Link Posted: 10/23/2005 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Welp my marauder is going to be in tommorow pics coming soon
Link Posted: 10/23/2005 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Let's see any Kifaru pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top