Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2005 5:22:23 PM EDT
I was reading Hop's thread on bungie cording his project and I got to looking at my Eagle Universal chest rig (otherwise known as the Paul Howe rig). The two middle pouches have no way of retaining a single mag. Two mags are held tight by the elastic band, but if just one mag is in the pouch, it kinda rattles in it and is real loose.

Here is a pic of the chest rig as I have it set up:

I bought some Wal-Mart mini bungies, (black) and cut the ends off. Then I made some pull tabs from the excess webbing on the chest rig. I then punched a hole on the back of the rig using a soldering iron (sorry pathfinder, it's an old trick we used to use in SF years ago) and used a grommet (also from Wal-Mart) to fill the hole, and it looks good. Here is a close up without any magazines:

I then ran the bungie through the loop of strap in the front of the mag pouch, through my pull tabs and through the grommet. I then squeezed a wire around the bungie to keep it from pulling through.

Here is the finished product with two mags in the pouch.

I want to Thank Hop for his great idea.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I want to Thank Hop for his great idea.

It wasn't my idea, I got it from somebody over on lightfighter and figured I'd give it a try.  You went further outside the box by using it on a double mag pouch.

Yours looks like a great setup.  One of the reasons that I like a modular rig is that I can wrap bungee cord around the mag pouches to keep them from rattling when not completely full.  Your solution takes care of both the retention and the rattling.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top