Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Posted: 7/14/2009 9:12:11 PM EDT
As the title states show your war belt and first line setups complete with component rundowns and even costs. There are alot of seperate threads on this but no one thread with everybodies setups.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:
https://i.imgur.com/OirvYlt.jpg

The angled mars carrier up front is on tek-lok and I run it intermittently. Looking at a good/easy way to swap the dump pouch for an additional rifle mag, depending on the situation.

Wolf grey is bae
View Quote
Yes it is.

Is that Safariland grey as well?  Paint?  Mirin'.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:53:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigjunk1] [#2]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

@bigjunk1

If you post a video of you drawing a glock from a serpa, chambering, and firing with a hit on an IPSC (or equivalent) silhouette, at a range of 5 yards or greater, in one second or less, I will re-up your membership or buy you a pmag. Your choice.
View Quote
Here is the video you asked for.
Keep in mind this wasn't very well planned out. I convinced my reluctant wife to go out in the snow to video me quickly. I took one practice shot and then had her film me, so this was my one and only attempt today. I hit the target and my time from pushing the paddle release on the holster to firing the round was .46 seconds. This is a fairly average time for me for cocking on the draw, so I'm not making excuses. I can certainly do it quicker and more precisely though.
I won't argue if you want to pay my membership fee but I don't expect it, the specifics of the video were never discussed!!!! I wanted to make the video anyway to possibly help others understand how it's done. Sometimes it's easier to do something once you see someone else do it.
Edit= I was 24' from the target during the video.

So here is the video for you guys who didn't think it was possible. This should pretty well put to rest that drawing and cocking a pistol in one motion is too slow and the added time will cost your life. When the weather is nicer I'll make a better video and go into detail explaining what I'm doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR62ny8u1iQ
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:16:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Seiran] [#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:39:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:48:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigjunk1] [#5]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Is that how you normally handle and load a firearm? No wonder you carry with an empty chamber.

Also, while that speed was impressive, do it again from a proper start, and with a timer with a random delay. Because anyone can be blazing fast with their hand on the gun and support hand already in position when they can draw whenever they like.

Definitely curious what @bcauz3y and the others have to say.

ETA - Can you do the one handed loading thing too? I just want to see it.
View Quote
I've been shooting firearms my entire life and again this was a quick video I made because another member asked me for it. I was trying to demonstrate that the chamber was empty at the beginning of the video, this is why I loaded and handled the pistol as I did. I think you already knew that though. This was not a contest, this was me demonstrating how to defend yourself.
With a timer, I will typically hover in the .5 -.6 second range from beep to firing.
Do you or your buddies have any videos of yourselves for us to make rude and snide remarks at? Or is making snide remarks your only forte?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
How about this. Same outfit, from concealment (underneath the hoodie as you would normally wear it) with a random start on the timer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Minuteman556] [#8]
Glock 17 Gen 4
Eagle Industries Pistol Belt
Blackhawk T-Series L2D
HSGI Taco Rifle/Pistol Mag Pouch
Maxpedition Dump Pouch
USGI Canteen and Pouch
RFTQ (Rapid Field Tourniquet) Ratcheting TQ

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By stoner01:
How about this. Same outfit, from concealment (underneath the hoodie as you would normally wear it) with a random start on the timer.
View Quote
I'm not sure but I assume this was meant to make fun of me? Seems to be the trend. No one likes to be proven wrong so insults were already expected when I posted the video.

It was around 20 degrees when we shot the video. I was wearing a hood because it's cold. Not because I think I'm gangster or whatever you're possibly insinuating. I stuck on a sweatshirt over another sweatshirt over a T-shirt rather than a coat since I didn't want a coat in my way of reaching my holster. I also stuck sweat pants under my jeans. Yea, I probably look ridiculous to someone watching the video that doesn't know me..
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bigjunk1:

I'm not sure but I assume this was meant to make fun of me? Seems to be the trend. No one likes to be proven wrong so insults were already expected when I posted the video.

It was around 20 degrees when we shot the video. I was wearing a hood because it's cold. Not because I think I'm gangster or whatever you're possibly insinuating. I stuck on a sweatshirt over another sweatshirt over a T-shirt rather than a coat since I didn't want a coat in my way of reaching my holster. I also stuck sweat pants under my jeans. Yea, I probably look ridiculous to someone watching the video that doesn't know me..
View Quote
If you're not sure, then don't assume. I was trying to set a realistic scenario with which to judge your abilities. I'm not a proponent of dry carrying a gun. But I'm also not going to insult you if you can make it work. I simply wanted to compare to something I have a familiarity with.
But if you want to keep assuming about the rest of us, we can do it likewise.
No back to your regularly scheduled discussion of war belts
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigjunk1] [#12]
If you're not sure, then don't assume. I was trying to set a realistic scenario with which to judge your abilities. I'm not a proponent of dry carrying a gun. But I'm also not going to insult you if you can make it work. I simply wanted to compare to something I have a familiarity with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Very sorry Sir! Seriously!
I got a few insults and figured it was the going trend. Your posts are usually helpful and knowledgeable so I should have known better.

And yes, lifting a shirt to reach a holster would make it slower. It would be slower chambered or un-chambered but it is certainly more realistic to a self defense situation.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Very sorry Sir! Seriously!
I got a few insults and figured it was the going trend. Your posts are usually helpful and knowledgeable so I should have known better.
View Quote
Its fine
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:21:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner01] [#14]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Start a different thread vs. mucking up a War belt thread.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Can you tell me more about the TQ?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Minuteman556:
Glock 17 Gen 4
Eagle Industries Pistol Belt
Blackhawk T-Series L2D
HSGI Taco Rifle/Pistol Mag Pouch
Maxpedition Dump Pouch
USGI Canteen and Pouch
RFTQ (Rapid Field Tourniquet) Ratcheting TQ

https://i.imgur.com/Ww6lQ4j.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5jUEmGH.jpg
Can you tell me more about the TQ?
Invented by a former Army Doctor. Iraq War Veteran. He is the original inventor and patent holder for ratchet style tourniquets.

http://www.rftq.us/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Keep in mind this wasn't very well planned out. I convinced my reluctant wife to go out in the snow to video me quickly. I took one practice shot and then had her film me, so this was my one and only attempt today. I hit the target and my time from pushing the paddle release on the holster to firing the round was .46 seconds. This is a fairly average time for me for cocking on the draw, so I'm not making excuses. I can certainly do it quicker and more precisely though.
I won't argue if you want to pay my membership fee but I don't expect it, the specifics of the video were never discussed!!!! I wanted to make the video anyway to possibly help others understand how it's done. Sometimes it's easier to do something once you see someone else do it.

So here is the video for you guys who didn't think it was possible. This should pretty well put to rest that drawing and cocking a pistol in one motion is too slow and the added time will cost your life. When the weather is nicer I'll make a better video and go into detail explaining what I'm doing.

View Quote
Holy shit that looks dangerous as fuck, and I'm not convinced you were aiming at all.

That said you did do everything you said you could to include hitting the target in under a second.  I paid for a one year bronze membership for your account.  Thanks for posting a video.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Harv24:
Start a different thread vs. mucking up a War belt thread.....
View Quote
Agreed, let's get this back on track

How are y'all mounting knives to your belts? Zip ties are plenty secure but look like trash
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Holy shit that looks dangerous as fuck, and I'm not convinced you were aiming at all.

That said you did do everything you said you could to include hitting the target in under a second.  I paid for a one year bronze membership for your account.  Thanks for posting a video.
View Quote
You're welcome and thank you very much! You didn't need to do that though.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
https://i.imgur.com/dc4gMkmr.jpg

How are y'all mounting knives to your belts? Zip ties are plenty secure but look like trash
View Quote
Well, if you used color appropriate ones they would look better
In all seriousness,  I have been looking for a better way to mount my sog seal pup to my belt that isnt the pos molle sheath it came in. Better yet, I just need a better knife for my belt
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
Is that a browning?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
https://i.imgur.com/dc4gMkmr.jpg

Is that a browning?
Looks like a CZ?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Is that a browning?
View Quote
Starcityshooter is correct - CZ SP01 manual safety that's been converted to SAO. Pull weight is just under 3lbs. Not something I'd carry, but a blast to use at the range.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Really like this Arbor Arms belt. Can't wait to get home and actually use it. Not sure about the BFG micro trauma now though...it's so damn tight I can barely get stuff in there. I know there'd be no way to get it back in there without taking the belt off if I ever needed it. Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
Awesome Cope holder
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Really like this Arbor Arms belt. Can't wait to get home and actually use it. Not sure about the BFG micro trauma now though...it's so damn tight I can barely get stuff in there. I know there'd be no way to get it back in there without taking the belt off if I ever needed it. Any suggestions?

https://i.ibb.co/sWDGSgD/20200116-193649.jpg
View Quote
Belt looks great.

I keep my IFAK in a general admin pouch on the bottom of my carrier. It's light, unobtrusive, and easily reached with either of my hands. I vacuum seal it up so no concerns over contamination, water, etc.

I didn't like having it at my 6 o'clock for fear of it getting crushed if I was shooting seated or on my back.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:22:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1787] [#28]

View Quote
Ran in to the same issues with my Micro TKN, seems to be designed specifically to fit their optional kit components.

I ended up returning it and purchasing the Coyote Tactical STOMP, which is better suited for those who piece together their own med kit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
First of all, what items do you have in there?

Second, if you end up needing to pull out your IFAK, you probably aren't returning it with all it's contents. Have you tried experimenting which items it will and will not fit easily back in with? This will at least give you a good idea how likely you are to have trouble getting it in. Less ideal, you could drop it in a cargo pocket if in a hurry, then properly stow when you have time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Getting there
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
Awesome Cope holder
View All Quotes
Awesome Cope holder
Haha thanks.  My buddy got it for me a while back and I had to put it on something
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Detn8r-Red2:
Haha thanks.  My buddy got it for me a while back and I had to put it on something
View All Quotes
Awesome Cope holder
Nice! Know who makes it? Cant have mag reloads and not a dip reload when shit gets real
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Nice! Know who makes it? Cant have mag reloads and not a dip reload when shit gets real
View All Quotes
Awesome Cope holder
Unfortunately it was made by a guy at a local shop who went out of business.  I don't have the guy's contact info and can't remember his name.  
A quick google search should find a few similar options though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Tagged
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:06:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#36]
Got my belt today and set up for now.
Blue Alpha Gear Molle double belt rig.
Esstac Kywi double pistol and AR.
Mid Ride mount with TRex Ragnarok.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#38]
@bcauz3y
Your pics no good.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
1. Go to esstac website
2. Purchase 1.75 belt clips for kiwis
3. ?
4. Profit
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Minuteman556:

Invented by a former Army Doctor. Iraq War Veteran. He is the original inventor and patent holder for ratchet style tourniquets.

http://www.rftq.us/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
View Quote
What an awesome concept!!

Rapid Field Tourniquet - Dirt Test
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Unfortunately it was made by a guy at a local shop who went out of business.  I don't have the guy's contact info and can't remember his name.  
View All Quotes
Awesome Cope holder
Thanks. I have his one on my daily backpack

Not good for fast access
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By vjf915:

Second, if you end up needing to pull out your IFAK, you probably aren't returning it with all it's contents. Have you tried experimenting which items it will and will not fit easily back in with? This will at least give you a good idea how likely you are to have trouble getting it in. Less ideal, you could drop it in a cargo pocket if in a hurry, then properly stow when you have time.
View Quote
That is true. I just don't want shit flying everywhere if I ever had to deploy the IFAK.

Right now I have an Israeli bandage, combat gauze, HyFin chest seal, tape, and I believe I was able to fit a pair of nitrile gloves in there. Not all of it fit in the loops inside so some of it is just in there, so if I have to take it out in a hurry, it's going to go flying.

I'll take another look at it tonight. Just seems absolutely stuffed with the few things I deem necessary in an IFAK.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#44]
That is true. I just don't want shit flying everywhere if I ever had to deploy the IFAK.

Right now I have an Israeli bandage, combat gauze, HyFin chest seal, tape, and I believe I was able to fit a pair of nitrile gloves in there. Not all of it fit in the loops inside so some of it is just in there, so if I have to take it out in a hurry, it's going to go flying.

I'll take another look at it tonight. Just seems absolutely stuffed with the few things I deem necessary in an IFAK.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vjf915:

The micro trauma kit won't fit most regular IFAK components.  The israeli bandage is way too big.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/micro-trauma-kit-supplies

This kit all fits in the in the MTK.  Note the trauma bandage is a 4" and is flat packed, the tape is flat folded and shorter than most, and the chest seals are compact size.  You don't need to buy the kit from BFG, but you do need the smaller sized contents for it all to fit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#45]

The micro trauma kit won't fit most regular IFAK components.  The israeli bandage is way too big.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/micro-trauma-kit-supplies

This kit all fits in the in the MTK.  Note the trauma bandage is a 4" and is flat packed, the tape is flat folded and shorter than most, and the chest seals are compact size.  You don't need to buy the kit from BFG, but you do need the smaller sized contents for it all to fit.
View Quote
Ahhhh I got ya. Okay I just ordered the smaller components. Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Ahhhh I got ya. Okay I just ordered the smaller components. Thank you!
View Quote
This was going to be my next comment, what since the trauma bandage was. Also I hope that you ordered from somewhere else. Maybe it's just me, but $140 is a stupid expensive price for those items.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:21:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fla556guy] [#47]

That's the thing, people seem to think ''confidence'' is what it's about. I get the impression most people that are carrying with one in the chamber somehow think it justifies that they are well trained and confident in their ability or gear. It's not about confidence in myself or my pistol at all. It's just common sense to me. No one can foresee every situation or every outcome. Accidents can sometimes happen and no one is at fault. The wind blows your shirt as you draw or holster, you slip in the snow, the dog bumps into you, a bee stings your finger and it jerks the trigger unconsciously etc. etc....the possibilities are endless. There's also human error that can and does happen from being tired or not paying attention. There's also other possibilities, like a child grabbing your gun or a bad guy grabbing your gun.
Leaving one in the chamber is a risk every time the pistol is drawn or holstered and this isn't even factoring in the possibility of mechanical error. There is risk beyond someone's personal abilities to control sometimes and it ends up with an unwanted discharge all to often. Why risk anything ever, when it's not necessary? Is it because someone thinks they need to save a quarter second on their fast draw, not likely?
It also comes down to what situation someone is in and what pistol they are using. On a striker fired pistol with no thumb safety like a Glock, no, I won't be carrying with one in the chamber unless I am pretty sure I may need to use it.
This is an argument no one can win and will continue forever. Some think they are highly trained and beyond a discharge happening to them. Some realize the risk and do not believe there is a benefit that outweighs the risk. If I was in a combat area and there was a high probability of using my pistol, then yes, I would have the gun chambered and ready, possibly already drawn. Dropping my daughter off at school or going to the grocery store, no.
Speed is also a very relative term and not everyone reacts the same or moves at the same speed. If it takes one person 4 seconds to draw a loaded pistol and hit a target are they safer than someone who can draw and cock a pistol and put a round on target in one second? Simply believing that you have an advantage because a round sits in your chamber is an artificial belief, IMO. The possibility of a situation not going as you expect is very real though.
View Quote
Fewer actions are always faster and more reliable, all other things being equal.

You carry how you want, but an unloaded pistil is just a shitty club.

If you need a defensive pistol, you need it now and you need it to be ready with as little bs as possible.

If you don't trust your pistol to stay loaded, get a pistol you trust.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

@bigjunk1

If you post a video of you drawing a glock from a serpa, chambering, and firing with a hit on an IPSC (or equivalent) silhouette, at a range of 5 yards or greater, in one second or less, I will re-up your membership or buy you a pmag. Your choice.

This whole mindset is dangerous.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:04:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#49]

1. Go to esstac website
2. Purchase 1.75 belt clips for kiwis
3. ?
4. Profit
View Quote

Sorry, its' esstac belt clip things.
View Quote
Honest question, why would you guys recommend the kywi belt clips over the malice clips he has on there currently? Even Esstac themselves recommend malice clips when using a belt with the molle loops sewn into the outside.

Source
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:31:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bcauz3y] [#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 153
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top