Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2017 2:33:10 AM EDT
Mossberg has a new SA-28 semi auto 28 gauge shotgun.

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/mossberg-intl-sa-28/

The pics look pretty nice and the price is pretty cheap. I can get one for $453.  I like the 28 gauges just hate the Remingtons due to their safety location (I'm left handed). Would use it for clay target shooting.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Haven't shot the Mossberg but I have shot the Franchi 28 gauge auto loader. Sweet shotgun. 28 gauge is a killer round. I've shot geese and brant with it at Cold Bay. Very effective.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
that would make a sweet grouse gun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mossberg has a new SA-28 semi auto 28 gauge shotgun.

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/mossberg-intl-sa-28/

The pics look pretty nice and the price is pretty cheap. I can get one for $453.  I like the 28 gauges just hate the Remingtons due to their safety location (I'm left handed). Would use it for clay target shooting.
View Quote

Pretty sure the new Mossberg is just a rebranded Turkish gun.

You can buy a left handed safety button for Remingtons . . .

Here's one type
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep, any of the "SA" guns are Turkish.

I don't trust the American Mossberg autos, personally, so I wouldn't be running out to buy one of their Turkish guns.  YMMV.
View Quote

To be fair, the TriStar, Weatherby, CZ etc. semi-autos have received decent reviews.

I had a 28 gauge Remington 11-48 gun for a while. Great gun, but chasing down those precious 28 gauge hulls got a bit old.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Went ahead and ordered one... will be here in a few days!
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Looking forward to a report on the little guy.

Those sub gauges usually really launch the hulls like Bladeswitcher says 28s are like gold.

A little longer and heavier for clays would be nice. I would like to see one in person will be on the lookout for one now.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#8]
The Beretta A400 and Remington 1100 are likely far better 28s, but nice to see more 28s on the market.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:55:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Picked up the shotgun a few days ago... been pretty sick since so haven't had a lot of energy to play with it.

Comes in a nice hard case. The barrel and receiver come packed inside gun socks. Thought that was a nice touch.

Quick to shoulder and fits me better than the Remington 1100 Sporting and Wingmaster did.  Wood is very nice and the wood to receiver fit is pretty decent, but don't expect the wood to be fit like a $2500 gun.

My biggest complaint is the trigger group is plastic and the pull is heavy. Safety is not in the typical Mossberg location, it's a push button like the Remington Also wish the barrel was a couple inches longer.

Overall a nice shotgun that will be a lot of fun. Great value and I would buy it again in a heart beat. Hopefully someone will come out with a metal trigger group but I won't be holding my breath.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#11]
How about some pics when you get back on track.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top