Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2010 1:23:09 PM EDT
I had a poll like this about a year ago, but it is in the archives and the data itself is not-viewable any longer. Just collecting some data, because I have observed a lot of "opinion" regarding this weapon from people who don't use it. Post up if you have/use one!

(2-port models only!)
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that the same thing as the M1014?
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is that the same thing as the M1014?

Yes, it is, although the M1014 has a 2-position recoil-tube and a fixed MOD choke, while the 11707 has a 3-position buffer tube and uses the mobil choke system.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Our M1014s can be a bit sand sensitive if you don't do daily maintenance.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
My 11707 was finicky the first hundred rounds or so, but after that it'll feed anything I run through it without a hiccup.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How do you run them? I have found that M1014's like to be run just like M16/M4's. Very wet.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you run them? I have found that M1014's like to be run just like M16/M4's. Very wet.

+1 mine likes lots of lube in the guide rails.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 mine likes lots of lube in the guide rails.
Same here, though I use tetra grease to lube it, couple of strategically placed dabs and it's good for several sessions of shooting.

Link Posted: 5/11/2010 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#8]
We CLP them down, normally taking a sprayer and spray it into the receiver prior to a shooting package.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We CLP them down, normally taking a sprayer and spray it into the receiver prior to a shooting package.

Try TW25B on the rails/BCG if you have some. It works a lot better for me than CLP.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#10]
100% Reliable for me. I also use thin films of lube. The first shots out of mine were reliable, even though I used 2.5 dram birdshot. Although I have had about 3 stovepipes, but I blame this on the ammo; it was Winchester birdshot value packs.

It's also very durable. I work as a part time firearms instructor and have abused mine a bit.

Link Posted: 5/11/2010 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#11]
100% reliable with all ammo it's been fed.   Everything from 3" slugs and 00 buck to 2 3/4" light trap loads.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#12]
This (or the last one) should be Tacked at the top, as well as the M2 one. Good for showing the differences in them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2010 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This (or the last one) should be Tacked at the top, as well as the M2 one. Good for showing the differences in them.

The last one had a ton of responses in the poll, but I can't bring it back. I don't know if a mod could or not.
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Kindof an off the wall question, and feel free to decline to answer, or PM if you want to, but how has the 00 Buck been working when put to use compared to the 5.56 when doing entry/clearing?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 10:31:40 PM EDT
[#15]
TTT
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kindof an off the wall question, and feel free to decline to answer, or PM if you want to, but how has the 00 Buck been working when put to use compared to the 5.56 when doing entry/clearing?

A 12 gauge shotgun with 000 or 00 buckshot is the most decisive CQB weapon availible. A single round of 000 buckshot is akin to a 9 round burst from a 9x19mm SMG. Remember Newtons 3rd law, the force expended upon the target is directly proportional to the recoil expended upon the shooter. Even if a subject is wearing soft-armor, they are going to likely be "combat ineffective" after taking a full pattern of 00 or 000 buckshot COM.

For whatever reason, we have 6933's but no SBS's. For this reason alone, only peremeter security or breachers will be doing anything with a shotgun... We are solidly in the carbine club.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 12 gauge shotgun with 000 or 00 buckshot is the most decisive CQB weapon availible. A single round of 000 buckshot is akin to a 9 round burst from a 9x19mm SMG. Remember Newtons 3rd law, the force expended upon the target is directly proportional to the recoil expended upon the shooter. Even if a subject is wearing soft-armor, they are going to likely be "combat ineffective" after taking a full pattern of 00 or 000 buckshot COM.

For whatever reason, we have 6933's but no SBS's. For this reason alone, only peremeter security or breachers will be doing anything with a shotgun... We are solidly in the carbine club.

Depending on your footing and where hit, I can see a round of 000 taking someone off their feet. If  you were hit off-balance with the recoil of firing the round and not expecting it, it well could do it, so I can see getting hit by it doing so, according to physics.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Why does this keep comming up?

The m4 has more than proven itself.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Not everyone would agree with you on this point. The JCS is hardly joint and was frought with development issues. I'm not saying its not an effective weapon but IMO, its no improvement over the M1/M2. The one caveat here is the weight. The M4 can be equipped with a wide range of optics/accessories without compromising function, this was the only reason Benelli developed and submitted this gun to the JCS trial. They have published this in thier literature and thier reps/armorers/instructors say it all the time. Still, there are plenty of guys who use a weapon light, side saddle and optic on thier ID guns and have no problems...

To my mind, the M4 is the new SPAS 12, Jackhammer or cool movie/video-game gun. If you aren't gonna be loading up on NV optics and such, you are probably better off with an ID gun for a myriad of reasons.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not everyone would agree with you on this point. The JCS is hardly joint and was frought with development issues. I'm not saying its not an effective weapon but IMO, its no improvement over the M1/M2. The one caveat here is the weight. The M4 can be equipped with a wide range of optics/accessories without compromising function, this was the only reason Benelli developed and submitted this gun to the JCS trial. They have published this in thier literature and thier reps/armorers/instructors say it all the time. Still, there are plenty of guys who use a weapon light, side saddle and optic on thier ID guns and have no problems...

To my mind, the M4 is the new SPAS 12, Jackhammer or cool movie/video-game gun. If you aren't gonna be loading up on NV optics and such, you are probably better off with an ID gun for a myriad of reasons.

Yet again you have posted this with no evidence or explanation of "a myriad of reasons".

We are still waiting for you to tell us how the M4 is inferior in any way other than a scant difference in amount of weight.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, been did see the question earlier.  The M1014 really don't get much combat usage.  Most of the times our guys take out shotguns they take out the M500s from the less than lethal kits because they work better for breaching.   Most of time shot guns are limited to that usage.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, been did see the question earlier.  The M1014 really don't get much combat usage.  Most of the times our guys take out shotguns they take out the M500s from the less than lethal kits because they work better for breaching.   Most of time shot guns are limited to that usage.

That is what I have heard. Which is why the M4 does get a bum rap from some (other than MP's). IT won't reliably cycle LTL and they don't use it for anything more than busting locks, which is not what I am using it for.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet again you have posted this with no evidence or explanation of "a myriad of reasons".

We are still waiting for you to tell us how the M4 is inferior in any way other than a scant difference in amount of weight.

If you aren't familiar with the issues this weapon has had during development, deployment and civilian use, you need to spend your time doing some research, not trying to call me out... Oh, my bad. The M4 is perfect and without a single flaw. Your as bad as Glock people...

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you aren't familiar with the issues this weapon has had during development, deployment and civilian use, you need to spend your time doing some research, not trying to call me out... Oh, my bad. The M4 is perfect and without a single flaw. Your as bad as Glock people...

I will accept your concession that there is no evidence of such against the M4. If there were, I am sure you would easily have been able to provide it. Until then, I have some beachfront property in Montana that I think you would be interested in...

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will accept your concession that there is no evidence of such against the M4. If there were, I am sure you would easily have been able to provide it. Until then, I have some beachfront property in Montana that I think you would be interested in...

+1

XM287 has come into EVERY M4 thread to put it down without showing 1 SINGLE piece of evidence against it.

The only problem I was EVER aware of, was the civie models using 4-gas port barrels, and breaking pistons when shooting full power ammo. They then switched all barrels to the 2-port military barrels and that problem was solved.

EVERY gun goes through some teething issues when first deployed, look at the M-16 and the ammo they had for it. As I have heard from Mil. guys before, guns that dont work get LEFT on the shelves in the armory. Look at the HK MK23-Mod-0 (Although I love mine to death, it is a huge gun and could have been much better designed. If i had to buy one again I'd go with a SIG P220). The M4 is one that DOES get used, even though many still use the M-500 because shotguns have limited use in combat, aside from door breaching and such.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

XM287 has come into EVERY M4 thread to put it down without showing 1 SINGLE piece of evidence against it.

The only problem I was EVER aware of, was the civie models using 4-gas port barrels, and breaking pistons when shooting full power ammo. They then switched all barrels to the 2-port military barrels and that problem was solved.

EVERY gun goes through some teething issues when first deployed, look at the M-16 and the ammo they had for it. As I have heard from Mil. guys before, guns that dont work get LEFT on the shelves in the armory. Look at the HK MK23-Mod-0 (Although I love mine to death, it is a huge gun and could have been much better designed. If i had to buy one again I'd go with a SIG P220). The M4 is one that DOES get used, even though many still use the M-500 because shotguns have limited use in combat, aside from door breaching and such.

He just likes his ID system and can't get over the fact that gas-piston is useful under a wider range of conditions so he creates, or rather, attempts to create doubt by alluding to things that don't exist.
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try TW25B on the rails/BCG if you have some. It works a lot better for me than CLP.

I use Miliitec1, when properly applied, it bonds with the metal and you can run the shotgun dry and still get great lubrication without the lubrication attracting dirt.  I run in all my guns and cleanup is much easier.
Link Posted: 6/7/2010 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use Miliitec1, when properly applied, it bonds with the metal and you can run the shotgun dry and still get great lubrication without the lubrication attracting dirt.  I run in all my guns and cleanup is much easier.

Militec1's claims about rust-prevention aren't to proven out in my experience, so I question their others.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Militec1's claims about rust-prevention aren't to proven out in my experience, so I question their others.

I have heard mixed reviews on it's ability to prevent rust which would speak to it's widespread use in Desert warfare but would also explain why the military hasn't "Officially" made Militec1 its goto lube in every environment.   I don't really worry about that living in a relatively dry climate.  However, in a very troublesome AR10, the application of Militec1 helped the rifle to finally cycle correctly at least 90% of the time instead of 50%.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top