Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2015 6:23:13 PM EDT
I see Ruger has a Single Six and I think it would be a great gun for the .17 HMR, and they've always had the 22 WMR cylinder for the 22 Single Six.  But what's available in an auto with these calibers?  I think Ruger is missing the boat in not producing a MK series auto in .17 HMR.

I'd buy one; would you?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#1]
If I could find a Single Six in .17 in Stainless, I'd buy it on the spot. I think they quit making it in stainless, and I can't bring myself to buy a blue gun.....................
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Keltec has the PMR 30 in 22WMR. .17 has proven to be quite the challenge even in a semi auto rifle. I can only imagine this would be significantly more difficult in a pistol.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The Kel-Tec PMR-30 is pretty fun! I enjoy mine, but I'm bummed that they say no suppressor use on it. 30 rounds of .22mag in a gun that weighs around 2lbs or less (can't remember for sure) is pretty sweet!

I wouldn't get hopes too high for a .17hmr semi auto pistol. That would be even harder given the issues with case ruptures in .17's.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't get hopes too high for a .17hmr semi auto pistol. That would be even harder given the issues with case ruptures in .17's.
View Quote

I wasn't aware of any of that, only that it's the only plentiful rimfire I've seen in years.  Some diversity would be nice.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Ruger cataloged a .17hm2 MKIII for a while but they never did put them up for sale because of problems that never got worked out.

They also had a convertible Single Six in .17hmr and .17hm2.

You could build one off a pistol registered Receiver in the Ruger Charger style.
Top Top