Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2014 4:05:19 PM EDT
Is Blazer cleaner than Rem Golden? My guns are filthy after a range visit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I run Blazer bulk in my AA kits routinely, after they've been broken in with ~500 GB's. Everything on the planet is cleaner than GB's, but all .22LR is pretty funky. I just have a habit of pulling a boresnake through the barrel every 200, or so rds. Birchwood Casey's Gun Scrubber makes short work of the powder fouling in the action.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run Blazer bulk in my AA kits routinely, after they've been broken in with ~500 GB's. Everything on the planet is cleaner than GB's, but all .22LR is pretty funky. I just have a habit of pulling a boresnake through the barrel every 200, or so rds. Birchwood Casey's Gun Scrubber makes short work of the powder fouling in the action.
View Quote

Reliability compared to GB? Equal or less than GB. Are they as clean as Mini Mags?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Once broken in (that ~500 rds of GB I mentioned), I find that Blazer and MiniMags run equally well, and that the Blazer is about the same as MiniMiags, filth-wise. I also have about the same results with Federal bulk packs. Getting those first 500, or so, GB's through it is critical to getting the break in done. Once that's achieved, most any decent quality .22 LR ammo will run about as reliably as .22 is capable of.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Once broken in (that ~500 rds of GB I mentioned), I find that Blazer and MiniMags run equally well, and that the Blazer is about the same as MiniMiags, filth-wise. I also have about the same results with Federal bulk packs. Getting those first 500, or so, GB's through it is critical to getting the break in done. Once that's achieved, most any decent quality .22 LR ammo will run about as reliably as .22 is capable of.
View Quote

If you check with AA, their list changes frequently. Blazers are recommended, then not recommended.  Just checked currently recommended.  I just bought some and will give you a review soon.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Blazers are essentially mini mags without the bullet plating. I agree with above Remington's are my last choice in 22's - mostly due to misfires. Most clubs have a dud can for rounds that did not go off- look in it you will find 90+% of the 22's are Remington.
Sadly due to high demand and low supply ( I have seen 22 ammo sold for less than scalper price only 3 times in the last two years) you have to shoot what you can get which Remington appears to be the easiest to find.
I prefer cci for all my rimfire stuff but have found it in the store ( actually a buddy who has a four day work week and can show up to the local gander mountain at 8 am on Fridays found it) exactly once in the last 2 years.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I got my Blazers in the other day. They worked perfectly in my AA kits. A lot less buildup too. Why didn't I try these years earlier.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Blazers run good in my 2010 AA 1911-22T......So far I have ran mostly CCI Mini-Mags 40 GR CPRN and they run flawless.......I just checked my records and I have only 350 rds down the barrel so far but I really love this kit......I have it sitting on top of a Kimber stainless target II 9MM lower and it fits it like it was made for it.......The paper work that came with mine in 2010 had this info about what to shoot or not......Oh I wanted to add that I also bought a Subsonic spring with it when I bought it but I wanted to break it in first with HV ammo before I tried some Subs!

They strongly recommend Remington "Golden Bullets' 40 GR solid or 36 GR HP
CCI Mini-Mags or most any other 40 GR High velocity ammo

They say to NOT USE Federal or Remington "Thunderbolts"
or PMC and nothing about blazers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top