Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2014 7:21:37 PM EDT
For anyone interested:
After an inquiry to Para customer service, the Warthog will be available (again) in March. My inquiry was specifically about the 96602 Stainless model. I tried to pre-order but it was a no go. (Distributors first)
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 1:55:46 AM EDT
[#1]
The Warthog is an interesting pistol.

The only thing I don't like about it is the grip frame, which I wish they had made longer.  Because the grip is so short, I think the grip safety is too skimpy as well, and I would be concerned about proper deactivation of it under extreme stress.  You don't have much of an engagement surface there.

Aside from that though, I think the idea of a subcompact double stack 1911 is very interesting.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 2:07:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Eh, I sold a few of them as a counter monkey.

They were finicky for a lot of people.

Link Posted: 2/16/2014 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully this means Para will start to offer replacement grip screws for that again then?   A few threads down I've been looking high and low for just one and there apparently are none to be had...anywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top