Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2017 6:15:47 PM EDT
Man, are they priced right... I've got a dealer locally selling them for $12. I've had good luck so far with PMAG's so I'm curious what people think about these. I mean on the one hand I know that factory magazines work so why F with something that isn't broken but on the other, I live on a fairly tight budget so anything that is easier on my budget lets me sleep better at night. For the price of one factory magazine, I could have just about 3 Magpuls. Unless I'm paying wayy too much for factory magazines.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
They work really damn well.  I don't carry them but they get used for practice.  A lot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
No problems with the 8 that we have, had them about 6 months 
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never had a problem with any of mine. Still waiting for the long term reputation from the internet gods.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#4]
So far, so good:  ~1k thru them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Have a few no problems with them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 12 of them (6x15rd and 6x17rd).

I use them exclusively as my range mags now.  They are GTG.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine work fine (19&17).

Use em at the range, have +/- 3k round thru em.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#8]
no 10mm so no interest.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#9]
They work great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:05:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I only have about 200 rounds through them, but I have been carrying a Magpul G17 mag as my backup in my concealment rig.  It gets pushed, pulled, banged on things, I sit in the truck with it on, got hit pretty hard on a door frame once, didn't spill its guts.

To me, that is almost as important as how well does it feed.  It can be a great feeding mag, but if a little bump in the right place makes it rapidly self-disassemble, I have no use for it.

They are good to go.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#11]
All of mine have functioned perfectly.  I have 7 17rd and 2 15rd.  The 17s work great in my Sub 2k as well.  Like others have said, I use them as range mags and backups.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I had two give me a few issues but I was able to resolve the issues by cleaning up leftover plastic flashing on the feed lips and inside the mag.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For the price of one factory magazine, I could have just about 3 Magpuls. Unless I'm paying wayy too much for factory magazines.
View Quote

You are paying way too much for factory magazines. I've never paid more than $20 for a Glock factory mag and sometimes they can be had even cheaper. Brownells just had Glock 17 and 19 mags on sale for $18 each. Granted I find that buying in bulk (10 packs) usually helps. The EE is a good source too.

To each their own but I'll stick with the factory mags which are every bit as good if not better and not that much more cost wise. Just my $.02
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a friend that has switched exclusively to Magpul mags in his Glocks, so I thought I would try one.
Got a G19 mag.
Only loaded it a few times, but it has jammed on me.

Unlike most others, I've actually had issues with ETS mags, but they gladly refunded my money.

I guess factory Glock mags have spoiled me.
I think I've paid around $20 or less for the factory G17 and G19 mags I have, so I'll just stick to them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I use mine for informal shoots at our local club and no problems. Factory for carry but Magpul for fun!
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:38:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Numerous USPSA/Steel shoots, personal range time, and courses last year using them. Not a single problem.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I picked one up today at local Cabelas for $15.99
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I've had one of the two I own give me a few stovepipes/oddball feed issues on my G17 and G19. They've worked fine in my glock mag AR9 though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I have one that catches hollow points on the front inside edge of the mag.

I'm thinking I could fix it but don't really care. Went right back to my Glock mags
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I love mine, zero issues and they are my EDC mags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Absolutely zero issues with mine this far. Probably about 500 round through two of them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Good range mags.

The feed lips are not steel reinforced so I wouldnt use them for carry and definately wouldn't leave them loaded for long periods.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I've had good luck with them, I bought a bunch of them on sale for around $9+ each.  IMHO at $15+ each they are too much, considering you can get OEM Glock mags on sale for around $18-20 each.  But at $10-12 they seem priced right.  I I've had good luck with the KCI mags I get at the gun show for $10 and those have the steel inserts like the factory glocks.  I'm flush with glock mags I'm not buying anymore.....
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good range mags.

The feed lips are not steel reinforced so I wouldnt use them for carry and definately wouldn't leave them loaded for long periods.
View Quote

Have you seen any reports of the plastic feed lips being a problem? I haven't.

I use my magpul and ETS mags for range mags. I leave them loaded all the time, and after I shoot them when I get home from the range I load them back up so they are ready for next time.

I have been doing this for a year and haven't had any problems. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I have 10 or so for the range that Ive had since theyve been released. Ive ran them pretty hard with no damage or noticeable wear of the plasric lips. My only complaint is that they are hellllaaaaaaaaa stiff to load. Esp when new. Get a maglula. Load them n let em sit for a week or two. I legit had thumb pain for 3 days after loading all ten the first time i used them.

Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I only have a few 15 and 17 rounders but I do run them pretty hard. I have not had a single issue with them. My only complaint about them is that I believe they are too light. They are slower to drop from the gun when doing a mag change compared to factory mags. However, I wish factory mags would drop quicker too. I can reload my M&P slightly quicker than the Glock according to a shot timer but I shoot the Glock much better overall. Pick your compromise I guess. I choose Glock for on and off duty (we are allowed to choose our duty gun as long as a Firearms Instructor approves it. Luckily I am one for my department.)

Some might consider lighter an advantage though. I have too small of a sample size to say objectively but in my opinion they are good to go. Especially for just range mags.

A few guys at my department even use them on duty. I stick to factory mags for duty/carry purposes but will continue to buy magpul mags for training.

When the mags first came out one officer did have issues using a 17rd mag in a Glock 19. It was replaced by Magpul and the new one works fine.

Edit: you are paying too much for factory mags. They can easily be found for $25.00 with a simple google search from many big hitters in the gun industry. $20.00 with a little hunting. I try to wait for a sale or free shipping and pick a few up per year online for $20. I think I got the last batch from Botach however they have iffy customer service and occasionally have shipping and stock errors. Everything I've ever ordered from them has arrived at my door however just not always in the most timely fashion.

Short version: I recommend them for training use.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:31:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Magpul and ETS mags seem to work great fresh out of packaging from my experience. Funny enough, I used a fresh new 33rd oem mag this evening and had a few malfunctions with it filled to the brim. 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#28]
I've had zero issues with Magpul 19 and 17 mags. I've had to have ETS magazines replaced and then get replacement springs for those replacement magazines.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Bought two

Work well.  

No ETS mags to compare

May also want to look at KCI mags. Not sure what others here think.  I have found them for around $8 a mag and have not run into a problem myself.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:Edit: you are paying too much for factory mags. They can easily be found for $25.00 with a simple google search from many big hitters in the gun industry. $20.00 with a little hunting. I try to wait for a sale or free shipping and pick a few up per year online for $20.
View Quote

Brownells has been running sales on Glock factory mags since around Thanksgiving. Single 15 and 17 round mags are $18.99, and if you buy a 3-pack, they're slightly cheaper. They are currently offering free shipping for orders over $99. Hard to beat those prices.

I'm not opposed to Magpul magazines, but as others have said, when factory mags, which I know will be reliable and durable, are only a few dollars more with free shipping, it's hard to pass those up. At those prices, it's basically 3 factory mags for the price of 4 Magpuls. I want to buy some Magpuls to try out, but I just keep coming back to the factory mags.

When I look at different brands of magazines, I'm always looking for a benefit other than just price to justify trying a new brand. For example, I think the Magpul 12-round mag for the Glock 26 is innovative and compact, compared to the factory +2 mag. If I had a G26, I'd be all over those. ETS mags, as another example, are see-through, which is a neat feature for verifying round count. Just got a few of their 31-round mags to check out and will be getting a few standard capacity mags.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#31]
gtg
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I never had a problem with any of mine .
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Another member here bought some when they first came out and has been testing them.  He reported no problems at all, so when one of my local shops had them on sale for 11.99 each, I bought 3 of the Glock 19 size and 6 of the Glock 17 size.  

They do have a slightly larger presence at the bottom of the grip, but it's also more to grab onto if you ever have to strip a mag.  I've used all 9 of them now about 2 full loads per magazine (yes, not much yet) and they all work 100% so far.

I would say buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:40:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Right around the 1k mark on a few 17rnd Magpuls with no problems.

Like others have said though, factory Mags with a little hunting can be had for a very reasonable price.
I scored some on the EE for $15 a piece shipped, brand new...
Just all in what you like and trust.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:27:07 AM EDT
[#35]
I have one I've been testing out in several of my Glock 9mm's.  No issues.  I wish I could find a few of the 12 round G26 Pmags in stock somewhere.  I would like to pick up a few of those to try.  Seems everyone is sold out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I have quite a few 19 magpul mags.

No problems with them until I shot aluminum cased rounds through them. I had feed problems and they didn't stay loaded in the mag correctly. I thought it was the mag, but I loaded brass cased rounds and they shot through with no problems. 

I still use them, but not with aluminum cased rounds.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I wish I could find a few of the 12 round G26 Pmags in stock somewhere.  I would like to pick up a few of those to try.  Seems everyone is sold out.
View Quote

44mag has them in stock - maybe a little higher price than most but shipping is free, so you can even order just one if you want:

PMAG 12 GL9 for G26

I tested out a PMAG 21 and a 15 a few days ago - put about 4 loads through each of them, and they were flawless. One potential issue I had heard about was them not feed properly when inserted full on a closed slide, due to the tight spring already mentioned above (they are definitely tough to load). Mine worked fine even in that condition, with a round chambered and a full mag inserted. I want to continue to test them, but I feel pretty confident that they will work. I like the idea of the 21-round mag as a defensive reload, like for carrying in a go bag or glove compartment for "emergencies." The 33-rounder is just way too long, but the 21 is more reasonable.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine have been great, and they are what get shot all the time since I keep my carry ammo loaded in the factory ones.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I carry them, they are lighter & I like that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You are paying way too much for factory magazines. I've never paid more than $20 for a Glock factory mag and sometimes they can be had even cheaper. Brownells just had Glock 17 and 19 mags on sale for $18 each. Granted I find that buying in bulk (10 packs) usually helps. The EE is a good source too.

To each their own but I'll stick with the factory mags which are every bit as good if not better and not that much more cost wise. Just my $.02
View Quote

This guy gets it.

Factory mags are so cheap, why bother with aftermarket? I'm honestly surprised Magpul wasted their time with these.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I bought a few for my Glock 19 when they were on sale for $12 each. I use them only at the range and they have been perfect in about a thousand rounds. For my AR-15s I use only Magpul magazines.

But, for carry use I use only Glock brand magazines.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This guy gets it.

Factory mags are so cheap, why bother with aftermarket? I'm honestly surprised Magpul wasted their time with these.
View Quote
If you look back at the fall, the political landscape could have changed dramatically...I think Magpul was hedging bets and their mass-produced magazines would likely have garnered higher profits.  With the environment status-quo for now, I agree, they don't make a ton of sense.  I still plan to pick some only for range mags so they can take the abuse and I can leave the OEM for carry.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
As I alluded to above, I look at aftermarket magazines when they offer me something that the factory doesn't. In this case, the GL9 21 and 27-round mags are options that Glock doesn't offer. I know that they were developed largely to meet competition rules, but I see them as viable mags for defensive use, especially the 21-round mag. The Glock factory 33-rounder is absurdly long and impractical - I have a half dozens (as well as ETS 31-rounders), but I have no real plans to carry them as backup mags (unless Glock 18s become legal). The 21-round PMAG, on the other hand, really isn't too much longer than a 17-round factory mag with +2 baseplate, for about half the price (when you include the cost of adding a Glock +2 base). I've also heard a lot of concerns about the durability of the factory +2 baseplates, and I'm pretty confident that the PMAG baseplate is solid. I could actually imagine keeping a couple 21-rounders in a go bag or glove compartment, unlike the 33-rounder factory mags. In a pinch, you could even carry a 21-rounder on your belt as a spare, although that's pushing practicality also.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I have been running 3 on the G17 Magpul mags on a weekly basis since November. I haven't had a single problem with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top