Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2014 2:28:30 PM EDT
Since this will be my primary IWB handgun I'm getting the Level 4 package.  S&W has improved the trigger pull on the M and P guns and I wasn't going to do this.  However, one of my instructors has one that was worked on by APEX and I couldn't believe it.  Trigger broke at 4.5 lbs like the traditional piece of glass.  Wow, the only thing like it is my HK P2K with a trigger job by Bill Springfield and my Colt Commander built by Mike Chumeldeka.  These are my primary carry guns so I'll have all three of them with the best trigger available, technically and tactically court defensible.
I do have two Sigs, both police buy backs, 229 and 226, each in 357 Sig  that have magnificent triggers and I suspect a police armorer did his magic on them.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Please update when you get it back... I was unaware they worked on customer guns
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
They certainly do.  When i was out there earlier in the year they had a mountain of customer guns they were working on.  Their Gunsmith is an absolute pro and seriously knows his stuff.  The quality of the trigger work they were turning out was second to none.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Since this will be my primary IWB handgun I'm getting the Level 4 package.  S&W has improved the trigger pull on the M and P guns and I wasn't going to do this.  However, one of my instructors has one that was worked on by APEX and I couldn't believe it.  Trigger broke at 4.5 lbs like the traditional piece of glass.  Wow, the only thing like it is my HK P2K with a trigger job by Bill Springfield and my Colt Commander built by Mike Chumeldeka.  These are my primary carry guns so I'll have all three of them with the best trigger available, technically and tactically court defensible.
I do have two Sigs, both police buy backs, 229 and 226, each in 357 Sig  that have magnificent triggers and I suspect a police armorer did his magic on them.  

View Quote

Can I ask what it costs to send in your shield? Was thinking of doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:04:58 AM EDT
[#4]
$250 for the stuff I want.  When it gets back I'll have the 45c done but the $130 buck work will do for it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad this works for you…..it just amazes me how much money people spend on M&P triggers, makes one wonder if there wasn't a better option to begin with.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm glad this works for you…..it just amazes me how much money people spend on M&P triggers, makes one wonder if there wasn't a better option to begin with.
View Quote

people spend the same money on Glock triggers, 1911 triggers, revolver triggers.  There are guys that are happy with what they got and guys that always want more and better.  People like you wont ever understand guys like us and thats ok we dont need you to.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glock.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Does the shield really need the apex though? The ones I've tried feel alot better than the regular m&p's.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

people spend the same money on Glock triggers, 1911 triggers, revolver triggers.  There are guys that are happy with what they got and guys that always want more and better.  People like you wont ever understand guys like us and thats ok we dont need you to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention how many folks customize their AR's.

I mean, really.

Folks on a forum dedicated to the AR platform should understand the concept of customization to fit individual wants/needs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Walther PPS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walther PPS

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Walther PPS

Fixed it for you

New PPS triggers are horrible, much worse than stock Glock.

I suggested replacement physical triggers as well as trigger action components for the PPS to Apex at the NRA show this year.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does the shield really need the apex though? The ones I've tried feel alot better than the regular m&p's.
View Quote

depends on what you're looking for. i really enjoy the aek trigger along with a 4# pull
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:28:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I just did my Shield trigger myself, and have to say the results are nothing less than impressive. (This is just dry firing right now, but I plan to shoot it today, and don't expect it to feel any different. )

A couple hours, and getting to know the pistol quite a bit more intimately.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I would like to see APEX do PPS and SIG P290 trigger work.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I just bought the Apex hard steel sear for my Shield for about $35 and installed it myself.  There are several youtube videos on the how-to

That dropped the trigger pull from 6 3/4 lbs to about 5 1/4 lbs avg.  Much easier to keep that short sight radius on target now. Eliminated the low, left problem I was having.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:41:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Just a follow up after putting 100 rounds through my Shield after I did some trigger work. The results are incredible. I shot it back to back against a stock Shield, as did that guns owner, and the differences are immense. I don't have anything to measure the trigger pull, but I'd guess the difference at a couple pounds, but the length of the pull, smoothness, and reset are the huge differences. The reset might be 1/8". The whole action is much smoother. Not to break my arm patting myself on the back, but I surpassed all expectations on this project. I'm very pleased.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll put the kit in myself for the MP45C.  But, I wanted the Shield to be perfect from the get go.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll put the kit in myself for the MP45C.  But, I wanted the Shield to be perfect from the get go.
View Quote

When you do, post it up. I like looking at diy projects.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just did my Shield trigger myself, and have to say the results are nothing less than impressive. (This is just dry firing right now, but I plan to shoot it today, and don't expect it to feel any different. )

View Quote

The Apex Shield carry kit made a huge difference in the trigger in mine and there was a notable difference in my accuracy. I plan to get and install the Shield AEK trigger when funds allow.

It's hard for me to imagine not having Apex in an M&P I would own. Their products are solid.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The Apex Shield carry kit made a huge difference in the trigger in mine and there was a notable difference in my accuracy. I plan to get and install the Shield AEK trigger when funds allow.

It's hard for me to imagine not having Apex in an M&P I would own. Their products are solid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This for the win.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#21]
My M&P isn't in regular carry rotation so I will hold off but it is definitely under consideration for me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#22]
The only shields I've ever handled had stellar triggers right out of the box. S&W made a real gem when they put the shield together
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The only shields I've ever handled had stellar triggers right out of the box. S&W made a real gem when they put the shield together
View Quote

I dont understand why they wont do that across the board.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I thought before I fired one with the APEX trigger system, wow, I can't believe the difference.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I understand the Apex is better I just dont know why they wont put their best trigger in these guns all around. It would be a huge selling point.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Yup, I always thought the triggers in the shield were great till I tried one with an apex. Granted its not as much of a difference as a regular m&p and might smooth out on its own. I would do it anyways since you get the machined sear and a better striker block.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top