Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 4/8/2014 1:22:46 AM EDT
Tony's Custom Creations in Oklahoma City is going to be the ONLY importer of Arsenal's Strikeone 9mm.  They are taking pre-orders right now and have 80 spots left from what Tony told me today.
Very standup guy and extremely customer oriented.  
He claims that they will see the first batch arrive mid-May or June at the latest.
I just figured I would let you all know where to go if you're interested in one.  I can't wait!

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't see it on his product pages.  

If you don't mind me asking, what's he selling them for?  If I remember correctly, MSRP was something like $800.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:38:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you take pictures.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it that difficult to get a real importer? I'm not going to buy a "one off" where there's only a few hundred guns in the country. I want to know that spare parts and magazines are going to be easy to get.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it that difficult to get a real importer? I'm not going to buy a "one off" where there's only a few hundred guns in the country. I want to know that spare parts and magazines are going to be easy to get.
View Quote

Magazines are being made by mec-gar IIRC.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Price?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I hope this isn't the same Tony's Customs I've heard so much negative stuff about before... I really hope it is not for you OP...
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#7]
"$500 Refundable deposit towards purchase price. We are anticipating a suggested retail price between $750 and $800"

Keep it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I foresee another Caracal debacle
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Not to mention it's an evil semi automatic handgun from those thugs in Russia!!!!

GASP!!!!!

Easy target for import ban as things deteriorate in our relations with the Russian Federation.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I hope this isn't the same Tony's Customs I've heard so much negative stuff about before... I really hope it is not for you OP...
View Quote

Pray tell?  I hope not too...what's the score?

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Not to mention it's an evil semi automatic handgun from those thugs in Russia!!!!

GASP!!!!!

Easy target for import ban as things deteriorate in our relations with the Russian Federation.

View Quote

They are actually Italian, but with all of the import ban talk as of late...I didn't even think about this...
I'm cool with paying $800 for one.  It is $300 more than a Glock, but the ergonomics and barrel to hand height really sold me on this.  I have enough Glock, and I still love 'em...

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Imported in small amounts by a small time importer?

Hardly the hoped for Glock killer.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

They allegedly have sold a number of Arsenal's double-barreled 1911s...

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That speaks volumes right there....

Let me know when they hit CDNN close out
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's probably referring to Tonys Customs on Ohio; builds ARs and hangs out at gunshows.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I may never own one, but I did learn about a cool new pistol thanks to this thread!

Edit: grammar
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm interested in this, even though it looks like an anorexic Glock.  What are the specs and is it just one model for now?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#18]
From the description it seems to be like a great gun.  Granted it is being put out by the people trying to sell it, but apparently it is a match grade combat handgun.  I don't know why anyone would call it a "Glock killer" though.  At that price, they will be competing with Sig and HK, not Glock and Smith and Wesson.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Are they going to be importing the version with the metal frame?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's a nice video comparing them to many popular 9mm by barrel to top hand height, rise and return to fire time.  I suspect competition shooters will find these very enticing...

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:54:15 AM EDT
[#21]
^ because THAT'S a well controlled test with no bias lol
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#22]
$750 for a polymer handgun is retarded.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#23]
From what I've already read, I'd love to get my hands on one of those but at the price being asked, I'm not going to beta test them.

I do want though.

Eventually, but only if their introduction is successful.

Here's a redacted offer at $500 each.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2624669/oklahoma-city-oklahoma-handguns-for-sale--arsenal-strike-one-pistol---accepting-pre-orders--
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#24]
so the armslist listing is $500 for a spot in line and then you pay MSRP??
They don't even put your $500 towards the final price?
Forget that.
One of the draws was that the Strike one was supposed to be comparable to Glock pricing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
so the armslist listing is $500 for a spot in line and then you pay MSRP??
They don't even put your $500 towards the final price?
Forget that.
One of the draws was that the Strike one was supposed to be comparable to Glock pricing.
View Quote

Yeah, you were expected to put $500 down and then pay whatever they are asking later on down the road.

At any rate, the listing was redacted anyway.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He's probably referring to Tonys Customs on Ohio; builds ARs and hangs out at gunshows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was not aware that there were two Tony's Customs. The Tony's Customs I was speaking of has fucked over a few members here with shitty workmanship and not delivering... I didn't mean to get you all stressed OP. If your not dealing with the one (Ohio) based I presume Tony's Customs then disregard my post...
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#27]
What's the O/U on how many hands get thrashed by the slide?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

HK?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

HK?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HK?

Still retarded.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I received an email directly from Arsenal stating that they do not have a dealer network set up yet. I specifically asked them when the Strike One will be on the market. Here is the email from Arsenal:

Dear Mr. XXXX,
thank you for the kind email and interest in our products.

The Strike One will be cleared by ATF any day now for imports in the USA: soon after that we will announce the distribution plan.

Please keep an eye on our website and watch out for the breaking news.

Again thank you and

Best Regards.,

The Arsenal Firearms Team.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I received an email directly from Arsenal stating that they do not have a dealer network set up yet. I specifically asked them when the Strike One will be on the market.
View Quote

When did they email you?  From what I understand, Tony's Custom Creations is the only one who is getting the first batch of 100.  30 or so are already spoken for according to him.  The number to his shop is: 405-642-5183.

I don't think he is lying about what he is doing.  In fact he said that he is actually taking a trip over there to meet with the owner next week.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

hahah oh man i thought the same thing... what a shit promo vid...
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a better one.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:14:50 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm looking forward to this gun

But I'll care when I can buy one at my local gun shop at Glock 17 prices.

I'm not putting money up for anything from Russia.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:23:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm looking forward to this gun

But I'll care when I can buy one at my local gun shop at Glock 17 prices.

I'm not putting money up for anything from Russia.
View Quote

The models that are going to be exported to the US are going to be made in Italy IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a better one.

Judas Priest.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Holy shit!  That's IN-SANE!!  That confusion/distraction drill with the guys standing behind the targets...no way...I wouldn't do that with Jerry shooting.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

When did they email you?  From what I understand, Tony's Custom Creations is the only one who is getting the first batch of 100.  30 or so are already spoken for according to him.  The number to his shop is: 405-642-5183.

I don't think he is lying about what he is doing.  In fact he said that he is actually taking a trip over there to meet with the owner next week.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I received an email directly from Arsenal stating that they do not have a dealer network set up yet. I specifically asked them when the Strike One will be on the market.

That email was dated April 5th.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:17:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I foresee another Caracal debacle
View Quote

<  Lana Voice > YUUUUUP! < / Lana Voice >

+$750 for an Italian made, blaster grade poly gun is nuts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Here's a nice video comparing them to many popular 9mm by barrel to top hand height, rise and return to fire time.  I suspect competition shooters will find these very enticing...

http://youtu.be/WOirbcsCQ1o
View Quote

That fag doesn't know a proper grip to control recoil.  I like how they try to throw numbers and angles at you to make it seem scientific.

It does look like a sweet pistol, just can't stand these marketing videos used as "evidence" to the product's attributes.

LOL!  Look at how much hard he is holding the pistol when he shoots the Strike Fire.  His hands are WHITE vs loose and pink when holding the other 9mms.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone speak Spanish???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4g3wGt54OI

Video won't imbed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:09:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone speak Spanish???

Video won't imbed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Anyone speak Spanish???

Video won't imbed.

Italian. From the text below the video, plugged into Google Translate:
Ingenuity, art and "Made in Italy" elegantly mixed with masterful Russian experience in the world of miniatures, have given rise to Strike One, revolutionary weapon, recently introduced on the international market. The complete test is carried out by our Gianfranco hairs on Weapons Magazine of February.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds fishy. Its even more fishy that a russian gun is being made in italy. Hell by the time there eared O might have an import ban on all things russian.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't know if it's fishy but it surprises me the Russians outsourced the gun
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that guy. He has some "WTF" moments with his designs, but I've never bought a bad part from him.
http://www.tonyscustomsllc.com/
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have two different plants. One is in Russia, and the other in Italy. The Italian one is being used for export, and the Russian facility is producing the ones for their military IIRC.

They're using the Italian one for export because of trade restrictions with Russia or something. Producing the gun in Italy gets around the restrictions.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They have two different plants. One is in Russia, and the other in Italy. The Italian one is being used for export, and the Russian facility is producing the ones for their military IIRC.

They're using the Italian one for export because of trade restrictions with Russia or something. Producing the gun in Italy gets around the restrictions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is exactly what I read somewhere, I also read that it was a joint Russian/Italian design.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:13:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That is exactly what I read somewhere, I also read that it was a joint Russian/Italian design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically what Glock did with the factory here
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Looking forward to seeing some reports on these. I know Larry Vickers was very impressed, i believe he sId it was the softest shooting polymer pistol he ever shot and this pistol actually has some real differences internally from any other polymer autos.

Btw, $750 isn't expensive for a handgun...far from it if its a quality piece.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really.  
The Russian KGB turned Mob Business Executives have a lot of close contacts and friends in Italy these days.

The Russian Navy contract for the LHD ships almost went to Italy instead of France.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top