Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2016 1:44:51 AM EDT
I posted on a Hi Power Facebook page my plans to have smith mill my AIM MkII's slide flat and serrate it and a gentleman commented that one of the reasons for the MkII's short offering time was due to it having thinner material leading cracked slides. The gentleman commented that milling the slide may exacerbate the situation.

Is there any validity to this? Should I be concerned and not get that option done?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I posted on a Hi Power Facebook page my plans to have smith mill my AIM MkII's slide flat and serrate it and a gentleman commented that one of the reasons for the MkII's short offering time was due to it having thinner material leading cracked slides. The gentleman commented that milling the slide may exacerbate the situation.

Is there any validity to this? Should I be concerned and not get that option done?
View Quote

No truth what-so-ever...NONE. The "gentleman" is...uhmmm, errrr, ahhhhh, well...at best, he's not familiar with the BHP...in any way .....
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No truth what-so-ever...NONE. The "gentleman" is...uhmmm, errrr, ahhhhh, well...at best, he's not familiar with the BHP...in any way .....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The man is very knowledgeable. He's just dead wrong on this subject.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reassurance, fellas.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You might consider discussing this with somebody like Don Williams at The Action Works who works on these guns every day.  He recently did a sunken install of a Bomar-type rear sight on a Mk II for me no problemo.

Don's Website

Phone 928-636-1691

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You might consider discussing this with somebody like Don Williams at The Action Works who works on these guns every day.  He recently did a sunken install of a Bomar-type rear sight on a Mk II for me no problemo.

Don's Website

Phone 928-636-1691

View Quote

Great advice Andouille...actually though, I see the OP has subsequently received the same advice from DW directly on THE BHP sub-forum .
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
For reference, here is the quote from the guy on the Browning Hi-Power User's Forum facebook page:

A** M**
Quite a problem milling the slide flat. The MKII are not as strong as MKI or MKIII, as a matter of fact what brought the end of the model sooner than expected were cracked slides, lots of them. The London metropolitan police had thousands of them. So milling flat the rib might not do good to the overall strength of the slide.
Like · Reply · March 28 at 2:14pm
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top