Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2017 11:24:41 AM EDT
Last week, I won a Gun Broker Auction for a CZ-75 Omega for under $500 after shipping and FFL. The SKU listed on the auction and the picture provides was for the 91136 CZ 75 B Omega Convertible. But when I picked up my firearm from my FFL, it was the older discontinued 91135 Omega pistol, still NIB.

So I am in a bit of a quandary. I emailed the seller asking why a different model was sent to me, and haven't heard back from them yet (only been 1/2 a day).
I already had suspicions this was going to happen from the price, but they were advertising the newer pistol in both model number and image.

So what do ya'll think I should do?

Demand a refund?
Demand they find and send me the newer model?
Try and work a deal for some money back?
or just suck it up and keep the older model?
Other?

Auction Link:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/644362335

Update:

I've talked to the seller and reached an agreement were they are refunding me 10%. Apparently the owner/manager posted the listing without checking the the model number.
So after my FFL's fee, the pistol cost me 450. And I think that is still a pretty good deal in the end.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you're going to have to wait and see what they say.

I'm guessing it's going to boil down to how much headache you're going to want to endure to get the model you bid on. Shouldn't be that way, as they apparently did substitute an older gun, but getting them to fess up and fix it will probably take months. What's it worth to you?
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you received a different SKU than what was listed, that's fraud to me.

I would return it and never deal with that place again.
View Quote
This.  Advertising one SKU (with pics) and delivering a different SKU is either fraud or a major screw up.  
(screw up only applies if they were selling one of each and somehow shipped the wrong one to each party)
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Might as well have sent you a S&W Shield IMO. I'd raise hell and include Gunbroker CS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top