Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2016 6:41:54 AM EDT
There's a dedicated CZ forum where the first thing people do upon getting a new CZ is to swap out all the springs and trigger. How common is this and doesn't that kind of undercut the idea of CZ being considered quality?
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Why - you can reduce the reset and trigger pull.
Being quality - No people like to buy things and customize them how they want.  Same with sports cars you buy a car with 400hp but you want 450 so you modify them.  Yeah you could have bought something different with 450 but you wanted the car with 400 because you like that car.

Stop worrying about what other people do to their equipment.  If you do not want to modify yours that is great but if others do that is great as well and nothing is wrong with it.  Also some of us shoot competitions where every little edge saves us time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#2]
The same thing can be said for any other production pistol.  This has nothing to do with quality, and has everything to do with mans burning desire to modify everything they touch.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I own two CZ pistols and they are bone stock and I see no reason to change shit out.They are perfectly fine stock.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own to CZ pistols and they are bone stock and I see no reason to change shit out.They are perfectly fine stock.
View Quote

Try the CGW SRS kit and get back to me.  I thought my 75 was good then I dropped in this kit and WOW the trigger went from nice to great.  My SP-01 I plan to do the same or possibly a pro package.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I added the CGW Ultra Lite Kit to my P-01 and it made a substantial improvement in the DA pull, which I found to be a great improvement for a carry gun with a DA/SA trigger.

Much smoother first shot as opposed to the stock 11 lb pull.

Did I need to do it?  No.
Am I happy I did?  Yes
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I got so lucky with my first CZ.  A CZ P07 Duty in .40 S&W.

Never had the bottom apart and all stock parts.  3&1/4 lb. SA pull and about 8&1/2 lb. DA trigger pull.  My P09 9MM (bought next) is about the same but I did a little work on the sear to get rid of that slightly longer trigger pull after the firing pin block was lifted up out of the way.

None of the metal framed CZs I bought after that compare, out of the box, to the P07 and P09, but that's life.  Different guns are different.

People just want things to be better.  Some people like to tinker.  Some people believe trigger work will improve their ability to shoot better groups (and it will).

Go ahead and buy a nice CZ handgun.  Shoot it.  Decide for yourself it you want to spend money on upgrades.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There's a dedicated CZ forum where the first thing people do upon getting a new CZ is to swap out all the springs and trigger. How common is this and doesn't that kind of undercut the idea of CZ being considered quality?
View Quote

There is a dedicated AR forum that features the same thing....people buying AR's and promptly changing everything on them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top