Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2014 12:13:21 AM EDT
Was planning on picking up one more non-polymer 9 mm for my pistol collection.  Looking at a CZ-75.  However, the CZ-85 Combat has caught my eye.  Guess it counts too.  I have never actually been able to hold any of these in my hands since no one around here stocks one.  Found one of these online for sale at a pretty good price.

Seems the combat has a "better" trigger since it does not have a firing pin block?  Can anyone elaborate to that?  This will be a shooter, home protection, collection piece.  Just looking for a nice rendition of the CZ line of 9 mm guns.  Everything I have read about them, I think it will be a nice addition.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
More than anything, it is a cz75 with Ambi-controls.
It does have the "Pre-B" style trigger (no block) which can be tuned nicely... Though the CZ75B trigger can be made quite nice as well.

Downside?  harder to find holsters.

Upside?  Ambi-controls for lefties.  Ambi-controls if your right hand is disabled during a life or death moment.

All in all, good gun, but it doesn't offer too much practical utility to the average right handed shooter where it will see range use only.

Local shop has had one sitting for a few months.. Pondering making a lowballish cash offer on it (a bit over dealer cost) just for the sake of 'fleshing out' the CZ collection.  They also have a CZ97B in the case... Fuckers are gonna make me go broke.

Edit to add: also comes stock with adjustable rear site vs fixed on the CZ75b.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and it is a great gun.  Trigger reset is short.  It also has the "cool rare" factor.  I know it's a bad habit when I shoot it, but I like using my trigger finger to hit the right side slide release.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one and it is a great gun.  Trigger reset is short.  It also has the "cool rare" factor.  I know it's a bad habit when I shoot it, but I like using my trigger finger to hit the right side slide release.
View Quote

As a left hander, That's how I drop the slide on all my guns (non-ambi).

And middle left finger to drop the mag.

Works fine.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#4]
got a regular blued 85(fixed sight).

when i bought it,i,was comparing it to a 75 SA they had at the shop.

surprisingly,the 85 had a better SA pull.

bought it over 10 years ago.they were alot less coin,back then.

still pretty much a bargain,nowadays.

tack driver with my 124gr.handloads.

clown
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
got a regular blued 85(fixed sight).

when i bought it,i,was comparing it to a 75 SA they had at the shop.

surprisingly,the 85 had a better SA pull.

bought it over 10 years ago.they were alot less coin,back then.

still pretty much a bargain,nowadays.

tack driver with my 124gr.handloads.

clown
View Quote

That can be said for the entire CZ line I'd say... they are creeping up in price, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were priced evenly with Sig and such before too long.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Just found out my local Gander Mountain carries them.  Gonna check them out there, then order online.  Thanks for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top