Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 8/5/2015 10:20:20 AM EDT
I just purchased my CW9. I have right at 200 rounds through it and love it. I got some different defensive loads to try in it yesterday.

Fast forward to disassembly and cleaning last night. I just basically field stripped it (just like the first day I got it and cleaned it), cleaned, oiled and began to reassemble.

However, I had a MASSIVELY difficult time getting the recoil spring back in. Finally got it back in and now cannot get the slide to move at all without a Herculean effort. Even then it only moves far enough to get the takedown pin in.

I cannot figure out the issue so any input is appreciated. Not just on fixing the issue, but not making the mistake, again!

Thanks in advance.

** I have this posted on KahrTalk, also, but figured I would get a faster response here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched my buddy has the same issue with his...... I am scratching my brain but I believe I had to use a small blade screw driver and maybe manually push down or up on the sear as it was in the way (like In front or behind the little firing pin nub). The trigger won't engauge the sear until the slide is in battery. Been a few months... Do not force anything. Been awhile... Might have used a bright flash light and gone thru the mag well... It was a while ago! Take ur time look at photos online for reference of part location. 90% it was the sear being up and got bête two places it shouldn't be. Focus on the sear and manipulate it
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input.

Long story short, after taking to someone I thought was a gunsmith (quite the opposite, but live and learn) I disassembled it and tried again.  The spring and rod slipped right in and now it is good to go.

I still don't know what I was doing wrong other than I need the other guy and his employee to watch .

Thanks, again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Is it possible that you inserted slide stop in front of the locking lug of the barrel ?

There should be no resistance after assembly to that degree

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]
When you get the spring in, make sure you're not pinching the end of it inside the slide with the guide rod.  Meaning that the guide rod should be nice and flush with the end of the slide.  Once you get it in the right way, getting the slide back on should be easy.  I have the same issue with my CM9.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Double tap
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top