Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2014 1:02:26 PM EDT
I got it in the mail a few days ago, and finally got to put it in yesterday. I have already added the PRP spring kit, so I knew it was going to be a PITA getting the sear housing back in without the grip safety popping out.

***The trick is to push down on the sear while pinching the sides so the pins don't slide out*** This pinches the grip safety arm in place while sliding it into the frame. Otherwise a bump of the trigger bar will undo your hard work (ask me how I know...repeatedly)

The instructions say you may have to sand around the roll pin hole of the OEM grip safety arm so it can move freely, I had to on mine. The roll pin comes partially pre-installed which is a nice time saving thought by PRP.

I haven't shot it yet but it doesn't feel bad in the hand, overall I like it and feel its a quality part that serves  a good purpose. Now if I could figure out which night sights I want my XDS will be finished. Anyways on to the pics!

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking pretty good. :) I am debating on adding the PRP spring kit in mine also. Never thought of an extended grip safety. What made you put this on?

I am also looking at xs big dot sights :).

Here is a pic for the sake of pics lol

Here is one in my Stow n Go by Galco

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Where you having difficulty engaging the stock grip safety on your XD-S?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where you having difficulty engaging the stock grip safety on your XD-S?
View Quote

No but the web of my hand was getting pinched between the grip safety and the frame. I've also never had to shoot it in a life or death situation to see if I have time to get a perfect grip on it or not.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Arfcommer in a defensive shoot thinks his hands being shot up caused him to have a failure to fire on his 1911 due to the grip safety.  That modification might help in that rare situation.
Top Top