Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2015 10:33:44 PM EDT
Not worth the money IMHO I will be returning it.

OEM trigger pull - 7.5

+p striker spring with OEM trigger springs - 8.25lbs and a noticably louder strike

PRP trigger spring kit and OEM striker spring - 9.5lbs, as many other people have had issues with, I have had light primer strikes with hard primers so I do not want to go below the strength of an OEM striker spring.

All done with Lyman trigger pull gauge
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish you had posted this last week.  I just got mine in the mail.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got mine today
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
My XDs trigger measured 6 lbs pre and post recall. I don't see a need to replace the springs in mine. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My XDs trigger measured 6 lbs pre and post recall. I don't see a need to replace the springs in mine. YMMV
View Quote

You may have a few more rounds through yours, I bought a post recall model and only have about 600 rounds through it. I know my xdm trigger smoothed out and is really nice after 1500 or so rounds. I always have people ask me if I have had a trigger job done and say nope, just a few thousand rounds. I was just hoping the PRP kit would lighten it by 1-2lbs.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
9.5lb trigger pull...yikes! I thought the LCP was as much trigger pull as I could take at 8lb. I suppose varying lengths would make me favor one over the other anyway.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you sure installed everything correctly? I just did the spring kit + sear on my XDS and the trigger is much better now, I would put the pull right around 5 pounds with a cleaner break. I'm very happy with the results for 55 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one of the very first released XDs 45's. The factory trigger was around 8.5lbs after break in, after I installed the PRP spring kit it has been at 4.75lbs, that was almost two years ago. I for one think the kit is well worth it, but it sounds like the newer guns are coming with lighter springs from the factory.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had one of the very first released XDs 45's. The factory trigger was around 8.5lbs after break in, after I installed the PRP spring kit it has been at 4.75lbs, that was almost two years ago. I for one think the kit is well worth it, but it sounds like the newer guns are coming with lighter springs from the factory.
View Quote

I purchased mine over summer and it definitely was around the 8-9 pound range.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:38:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Op your saying the kit made your trigger heavier?
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, not sure why. I re-installed the original springs and it went  back to the original pull. I did not install a new sear like some of the other guys.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, not sure why. I re-installed the original springs and it went  back to the original pull. I did not install a new sear like some of the other guys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird I would call them I have read in other places their customer service  is really good

For what it's worth I was looking here because I ordered it myself received it last night and installed it.  I didn't install the striker spring cuz heard possible light strikes.  I had already polished the internals before installing to smooth it out.  Even without the striker spring made trigger a lot lighter and a bit smother.  It definitely gets my things up.  I would call them I bet they will take care of you.

Oh and I Just put the spring kit in I didn't buy the one with the sear
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitely something wrong.  2 friends each have a stock XDs and compared to mine with the PRP kit, there is a night and day difference in all aspects of the trigger pull.
Top Top