Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2017 8:39:50 PM EDT
I'd been out of the revolver game for quite some time now, only recently having gotten into it about a month ago. Let's just hope that that the rest of my months are as good as this one has been

S&W 586 no dash (traded a Glock 43 for it)
S&W 64-6 (gave $275 for it)
S&W 640-1 (traded a Glock 43 for, got other stuff for it as well)

I really enjoy just looking at the craftsmanship and beauty of a revolver. I just wish I had kept some of the ones I sold when I bought my house
Colt MKIII Trooper 357
S&W 586 6" barrel
S&W Model 28
X2 S&W Model 36s (one 1976 and other 1966)
Several Airweight 642s

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
How many G43's do you have?  LOL.  

Nice collection.  You got the gamut covered there pretty well.  J, K, and L frame.  I suppose you need an N frame too.    A nice 1917 would go nice with them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Tomahawk!  2-23 Inf, 9th ID, Fort Lewis, 84-87.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Tomahawk
2/23 Inf 9th ID 1983
1/23 Inf 2nd ID 1984
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many G43's do you have?  LOL.  

Nice collection.  You got the gamut covered there pretty well.  J, K, and L frame.  I suppose you need an N frame too.    A nice 1917 would go nice with them.
View Quote
I've had a total of 5, spread out over several years. Mainly get them in trade, I've only ever purchased one at a store. I like them, just prefer my Shield for carrying. Plus, I can always trade them towards something I want more. The last one I got I literally only had in my possession for about two hours before I traded it for the 640-1.

I did have a nice Model 28 at one time, but sold it to start getting the funds to finish my garage (ie insulation, drywall, mud). It was a Texas DPS marked one, which I thought was quite interesting. Ended up selling it to a guy originally from Texas, so at least went to a good home

I'm currently working on acquiring a Colt Cobra, mid 1970s production. Should know by the end of the day if it will be mine
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tomahawk!  2-23 Inf, 9th ID, Fort Lewis, 84-87.
View Quote
We Serve!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tomahawk
2/23 Inf 9th ID 1983
1/23 Inf 2nd ID 1984
View Quote
We serve!!

Any of my fellow Tomahawkers join the association?

I was lucky enough to participate in the last battalion run together, back when all of 23rd was stationed at Fort Lewis. Was a great day, 1-23, 2-23, and 4-23 all running together. Granted I think it was only like a 3 mile run but felt like forever cause of the snail pace we ran.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice collection.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've had a total of 5, spread out over several years. Mainly get them in trade, I've only ever purchased one at a store. I like them, just prefer my Shield for carrying. Plus, I can always trade them towards something I want more. The last one I got I literally only had in my possession for about two hours before I traded it for the 640-1.

I did have a nice Model 28 at one time, but sold it to start getting the funds to finish my garage (ie insulation, drywall, mud). It was a Texas DPS marked one, which I thought was quite interesting. Ended up selling it to a guy originally from Texas, so at least went to a good home

I'm currently working on acquiring a Colt Cobra, mid 1970s production. Should know by the end of the day if it will be mine
View Quote
LOL.  I've got a buddy who is always wheeling and dealing guns too.  Upside is he's tried a LOT of different types of guns.  I always seem to lose money on transactions, so I don't do it very often.  

2 hours....  LOL.  I wish I lived by you, I'd ask you to let me try one out.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:24:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

LOL.  I've got a buddy who is always wheeling and dealing guns too.  Upside is he's tried a LOT of different types of guns.  I always seem to lose money on transactions, so I don't do it very often.  

2 hours....  LOL.  I wish I lived by you, I'd ask you to let me try one out.  
View Quote
I normally luck out and break even, granted there have been some I've lost my tail on and others that I've gained on. All even out in the long end. Lately though I've mainly been trying to purchase as opposed to trade, unless it's something I know that I can easily get another of
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top