Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 11:52:25 PM EDT
LGS has an EAA .357 2" that feels nice in the hand for about $250 and is a 6 shot. For the price seems nice yet I know knowing about them and research says it is a gun made by German company Weihrauch called the Windicator and that EAA cuts it down to a 2" barrel. Yet the one I looked at the front site didn't look like it was cut down from a 4" to a 2" yet after reading about it the barrel needs some work as it is pure flat with no crown on it. Anyone know anything about this brand? Looks like a good deal for the price and is 6 round .357 mag vs. others in the price range that are all 5 shot in .38 +. Just wondering if it is worth the price for at least HD and nothing more than 15 yards shooting.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:20:22 AM EDT
[#1]
EAA's been around for a long time, yes I've heard of them before, and owned some of the stuff they import, as have other shooters I know. A friend of mine was really into their 10mm Witness guns (copies of the Detonics, basically) and owned like three. I own one of the Weihrauch-built SAA copies in 45 Colt (4.5" Stainless Bounty Hunter) and it's been a great cowboy gun.

No experience with that particular wheelgun - but that's a good price if it's a well-built and reliable 357M for $250.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:56:29 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I have researched it is a solid gun yet some say after 500 rounds it locks up yet I can always says they didn't clean it properly after owning wheel guns in the past. Lots of parts to clean that you do not think about in wheel guns.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
EAA are copies of CZ not Detonics
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:33:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My bad - EAA are copies of CZ copying Detonics. EAA are not the original plagiarists.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:41:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Run..Run away.
EAA is a marginal manufacturer at best. Stay with the top 8-10 manufacturers and forget about the rest. your welcome.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LGS has an EAA .357 2" that feels nice in the hand for about $250 and is a 6 shot. For the price seems nice yet I know knowing about them and research says it is a gun made by German company Weihrauch called the Windicator and that EAA cuts it down to a 2" barrel. Yet the one I looked at the front site didn't look like it was cut down from a 4" to a 2" yet after reading about it the barrel needs some work as it is pure flat with no crown on it. Anyone know anything about this brand? Looks like a good deal for the price and is 6 round .357 mag vs. others in the price range that are all 5 shot in .38 +. Just wondering if it is worth the price for at least HD and nothing more than 15 yards shooting.
View Quote

Ask yourself this: where will you get spare parts for it should something break? Do you want a $250 paperweight?  
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
For a little bit more money you will find better guns.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

My bad - EAA are copies of CZ copying Detonics. EAA are not the original plagiarists.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty impressive,  considering that the CZ 75 and the M1911 are two different designs.

And the the CZ 75 came out a year before Detonics was founded.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't speak for their DA/SA revolver, but their SAA Clones are very high quality. I've owned a  "Bounty Hunter Big Bore" in .45 Colt for about 6 years now, put everything from bunny farts, to heavy loads in it, and it takes them with ease. I've never had a single hiccup with that particular revolver.

You can still find parts for the SAA clones, although it might be a bit difficult. I have read, although I cannot confirm, that the Bounty Hunters are a very strong framed gun, some people claim to have put 'Ruger Only' loads through theirs without issue. I won't do that to mine, because it holds sentimental value, but I have heard it's been done before.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:48:02 PM EDT
[#10]
The Windicator has been around for quite a while.
EAA is merely the latest importer; as noted in the OP, EAA doesn't build them. For that reason, the quality of EAA's other guns (Witness, Bounty Hunter, etc.) is immaterial.

Basically, the Windicator is a mid-to-lower grade revolver. Personally, I rank them slightly below Rossi / Taurus / Charter Arms. They aren't pot metal junk paperweights like the RGs, but they are nowhere near the quality of S&W, Ruger, or Colt.
Revolvers are more complex critters than auto pistols. At the Windicator price point, you don't get (and can't realistically expect) really good timing, lockup, etc. nor can you expect a lot of durability.  
If you're planning on shooting it a lot - even with standard-pressure .38 Spl, to say nothing of .357 - you would do well to save your money and get something better.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I use to own a EAA 45-70 sharps it was a beautiful gun I broke because I made some loads that were irresponsibly hot it messed up the dual match trigger catch.  But I found a gunsmith iin Lake Benton MN who fixed it beautifully.

EAA makes beautiful wood and bright case coloring.  I really liked the gun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm picking one up Saturday. It will be my BUG, I really don't anticipate putting thousands of rounds through it, so I'm not too worried about long term durability. Price is right.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Run..Run away.
EAA is a marginal manufacturer at best. Stay with the top 8-10 manufacturers and forget about the rest. your welcome.
View Quote

Ignoring ignorant posters should come first OP.

EAA as others have stated has been around for a long time and import some very good guns.  We have another thread going where many agree that Canik and EAA might be some of the most underrated guns for the price out there.  There are quite a few reviews on that gun online OP and reviews seem to be positive for the price.  Most say it isn't the prettiest or as finely machined as a GP100 say, but $250 is a heck of a deal for a good .357.  EAA seems to have a pretty good customer service history as well.  Here is a pretty good review I found:

EAA review
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I have that same gun. 2"357 EAA. Guy walkes in to a gun store to trade it in. They looked it over and it was a clean, hardly used gun. Offer him 120$ for it on the spot, and we settled on 140$ with the holster, and a box of 357 critical defence and 38 spl he had with him. Took it home, and have been pounding my handloaded 357 mag out of it for three months now. Very robust gun. In fact I think it is a little overbuilt. But, at 250$ I don't know if I would fo. Buds has them new for about that price.

Oh hell, who am I kidding. Just buy the damn thing! It's a new gun for crying out loud.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top