Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2015 9:42:01 PM EDT
I am contemplating one of these and am pretty much sold on it. I know they are a light revolver, but it would fit my needs perfectly. I really like the newer grips. They fit my hands perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife has one ...38 spl....perfect once i put a lighter wolffspring Set in it....she can pull Double action now. Only use the hornady lite rounds.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Why Hornady? Is it because of the crimp/projectile coming loose?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Wife has poly pro....nice for the money I guess...I bought it for her but I would rather trade up she wants to keep because was gift...
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I've started looking for one of these myself, but I'm after the no longer in production Titanium/concealed hammer model.
I thought it would be easier to find as it's a Taurus, but not having that much luck.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 2:20:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one. It was the best single shot revolver I ever owned. The action on the POs would lock up solid after every shot. I had to open the cylinder, shut it, and it would fire one more shot. I bought if new and called Taurus to get it repaired under their "Lifetime" warranty. Their warranty is so good that you have to pay shipping to them, unlike S&W and Ruger who will send you a shipping label for a defective gun.

After not hearing anything for almost two months I called them. After being on hold for a long time they said the gun was ready and "slipped through the cracks" in the shipping department. I got it back, still smelling of the Remoil I shipped it there in. One trip to the range proved exactly what I expected, it was still locking up after every shot. They didn't do a damn thing about it.

I called them about the ongoing problem. They were more than happy to "attempt" to repair it, but they were unwilling to pay for shipping,even after they didn't repair it last time! The woman on the phone actually laughed and said "we never pay shipping". I asked if they would replace it if they could not repair it this time. She said no, and they don't send it to their "Repair Committee" until they have "mat tempted to repair it five or six times", and YOU have to pay for overnight shipping each time! You'll have more into shipping a POS back to them than a new POs Taurus would cost!

I posted it for sale and sold it at a loss online, fully disclosing the problem. I spent the money, with more thrown in, on no-lock Smith 642 and haven't had a problem since.

Mine is not an isolated incident. There are similar posts online that I found after I had my problem. Several years back I was visiting a friend I grew up with who is a nationally known gunsmith. On his bench I saw a Taurus M85 UltraLite. I asked him why he was working on that POS. He said he normally wouldn't but it was a favor for the owner of a gunshop who had already sent the gun back to Taurus TEN TIMES and it was still doing the same thing mine was! He told me it was actually an easy fix but the simple fact is nobody at Taurus knows how to properly fit a revolver's action. I guess if they throw the parts in and they happen to fit, your Taurus revolver will be fine. But if it needs fitting, you're SOL.

I wanted a .44 Special revolver and picked up a new Charter Arms Bulldog Pug for a very reasonable price. Guess what? It works, unlike the Taurus did! It's no S&W or Ruger, but it's a solidly performing, reasonably priced revolver. I would definitely recommend buying a Charter Arms .38 Undercover before  a Taurus. I will admit the grips are comfortable on the Taurus, but I like my guns to be something I can count on. I'd never trust my life to a Taurus.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one. It was the best single shot revolver I ever owned. The action on the POs would lock up solid after every shot. I had to open the cylinder, shut it, and it would fire one more shot. I bought if new and called Taurus to get it repaired under their "Lifetime" warranty. Their warranty is so good that you have to pay shipping to them, unlike S&W and Ruger who will send you a shipping label for a defective gun.

After not hearing anything for almost two months I called them. After being on hold for a long time they said the gun was ready and "slipped through the cracks" in the shipping department. I got it back, still smelling of the Remoil I shipped it there in. One trip to the range proved exactly what I expected, it was still locking up after every shot. They didn't do a damn thing about it.

I called them about the ongoing problem. They were more than happy to "attempt" to repair it, but they were unwilling to pay for shipping,even after they didn't repair it last time! The woman on the phone actually laughed and said "we never pay shipping". I asked if they would replace it if they could not repair it this time. She said no, and they don't send it to their "Repair Committee" until they have "mat tempted to repair it five or six times", and YOU have to pay for overnight shipping each time! You'll have more into shipping a POS back to them than a new POs Taurus would cost!

I posted it for sale and sold it at a loss online, fully disclosing the problem. I spent the money, with more thrown in, on no-lock Smith 642 and haven't had a problem since.

Mine is not an isolated incident. There are similar posts online that I found after I had my problem. Several years back I was visiting a friend I grew up with who is a nationally known gunsmith. On his bench I saw a Taurus M85 UltraLite. I asked him why he was working on that POS. He said he normally wouldn't but it was a favor for the owner of a gunshop who had already sent the gun back to Taurus TEN TIMES and it was still doing the same thing mine was! He told me it was actually an easy fix but the simple fact is nobody at Taurus knows how to properly fit a revolver's action. I guess if they throw the parts in and they happen to fit, your Taurus revolver will be fine. But if it needs fitting, you're SOL.

I wanted a .44 Special revolver and picked up a new Charter Arms Bulldog Pug for a very reasonable price. Guess what? It works, unlike the Taurus did! It's no S&W or Ruger, but it's a solidly performing, reasonably priced revolver. I would definitely recommend buying a Charter Arms .38 Undercover before  a Taurus. I will admit the grips are comfortable on the Taurus, but I like my guns to be something I can count on. I'd never trust my life to a Taurus.
View Quote

I had the same issue with my hammerless 357.
I sent it in.  They sent it back. Same thing went on.  I opened the gun up and found machining curls in the action.  Cleaned it out and sold it with full disclosure.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top