Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2014 11:12:46 PM EDT
I've been trying to sell an old army, and I haven't had any luck.  Can anyone provide some pricing advice?  It's a nice pistol...I'm just not into the whole cap and ball thing.  Here's a pic:

I haven't even had any interest, are they just not that desirable anymore?  One person did tell me that since it has adjustable sights the Cowboy action shooting guys won't want it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to have one, I've got one on my "must have" list but most people ask too much for them and they don't sell.  They are cool but nobody is going to pay what they pay for a used Vaquero for an Old Army.  Most sellers seem to think since they don't make them anymore they can ask $500-600 but when you can buy a Vaquero for that you're going with the Vaquero.  The blued model generally runs a little less, like most every other gun, but I'd think one in excellent condition, with the box and all the stuff that came with it you could get $400 if someone really wanted it, $425-50 for the stainless.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd love to have one, I've got one on my "must have" list but most people ask too much for them and they don't sell.  They are cool but nobody is going to pay what they pay for a used Vaquero for an Old Army.  Most sellers seem to think since they don't make them anymore they can ask $500-600 but when you can buy a Vaquero for that you're going with the Vaquero.  The blued model generally runs a little less, like most every other gun, but I'd think one in excellent condition, with the box and all the stuff that came with it you could get $400 if someone really wanted it, $425-50 for the stainless.
View Quote

Perfect, thanks!  I didn't even know about the Vaquero or it's price, so that explains why I can't get $500 for it .
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Local Cabelas has stainless one. They want $800 for it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw someone with one on cast boolits with a pretty similar price and as I recall it wasn't moving or moved slow.  

My buddy had a stainless one that was a dandy to shoot and was very accurate.  They do seem like a royal PITA to clean though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I paid $450 for a unfired stainless 200th liberty model 2-1/2 years ago with both boxes and paper work.
7-1/2" fixed sight stainless are going for $700-$800
5-1/2" fixed sight stainless are going for $850-$1000 cowboy action shooters snatch them up.
A nice blued adjustable sight one should bring $350-$400
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're not into cap and ball, why not get a Howell conversion cylinder for it and shoot .45 Colt?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]
GunnBroker

You can see that the ones that get bids are generally in the $400s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top