Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2016 2:46:03 PM EDT
I've been wanting to add a 45 Colt to my collection and can't decide on which one.  Betwwen the Blackhawk and RedHawk which is the stronger built?  I have shot Blackhawks in the past and know their potential.  Are the Redhawk models made as well?  Are there any shortcomings on the Redhawk, reason I ask is I rarely see them for sale.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ruger.com/products/newModelSuperBlackhawk/overview.html

Because .454 Casull.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Either can go hotter than I can handle. I like the Blackhawk because it the recoil rocks the gun up and is easier on my hand.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Look into super Blackhawk Bisley, I bough one and put in a trigger kit and love it...44 mag though. ETA: (cast allot of 44 special too, to feed it)
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
My vote would be for the Blackhawk in .45 Colt with the convertible cylinder in .45ACP......
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Either can go hotter than I can handle. I like the Blackhawk because it the recoil rocks the gun up and is easier on my hand.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been wanting to add a 45 Colt to my collection and can't decide on which one.  Betwwen the Blackhawk and RedHawk which is the stronger built?  I have shot Blackhawks in the past and know their potential.  Are the Redhawk models made as well?  Are there any shortcomings on the Redhawk, reason I ask is I rarely see them for sale.
View Quote

Redhawks are huge and unwieldy to me...  I have a Blackhawk Beasley with solid (non-fluted) cylinder in .45 LC that is a joy to shoot and handles some STOUT loads I make with H-110 and 260 grain nosler partitions.  Love that gun for hunting...

Here it is being used to punish porcine abominations...

- AG
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 7:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I know of no stronger DA revolver out there than the Redhawk.  They are large, heavy and expensive but are exquisite to shoot.  In the end it is just personal preference.  
If you want double action then go with the Redhawk, otherwise go with the simpler Blackhawk.  Also don't forget the Vaqueros are superb guns in .45 Colt.  Here are just a few of mine.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:24:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top