Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2014 8:04:49 PM EDT
A beautiful Ruger Single Six Lipsey Exclusive convertible .22LR/.22mag.  I've always wanted a stainless Single Six Convertible with a 4.62" barrel but since they are only made in small runs every few years, they are a pain to find.  Anywho, finally got the one I had always wanted

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Good looking pistola..........i much prefer the 4 5/8 bbl on single actions.
Congrats
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good looking pistola..........i much prefer the 4 5/8 bbl on single actions.
Congrats
View Quote

I didn't see a pistol in the pic, but it IS a nice handgun.

OP-Have you shot it yet? I'm curious about the trigger on the new ones.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  It's not "new" but "new to me" although since it was only barely used it is in "like new" condition.  The gun came in the original case with everything including the plastic bag that wrapped the new gun. The fired case in the little envelope is August 2009.  The guns original owner said he had shot very little .22LR through it, he didn't know an exact round count but said it was definitely less than 100, he also said the .22WMR cylinder had never been shot.  It's in absolutely perfect condition and looks like it just came from the factory, not a single scratch or smudge, I was amazed how perfect it was.

Is there a trigger issue with these I should know about?
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
No issue I know of either. I was just curious because the triggers on a lot of the semis have gotten so long, heavy and sometimes gritty lately, I wondered how the triggers on the new revolvers were doing as I don't shoot wheel guns much.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got several wheelies in the last few years including New Vaquero's, Old Vaquero, New Model Blackhawk Convertible, Ruger GP100 (standard 3" & Wiley Clapp 3") and a S&W 629 V-Comp Performance Center gun.  The one thing I hear consistently from people who haven't shot wheel guns in many years is how much better the triggers are.  Other than the pound weight of the triggers being different all the triggers I have are very good.  You notice it more in a double action obviously and the GP100's are a great example.  For decades you've always heard "Rugers are great guns but their triggers don't even come close to S&W" but now you'll hear people say "wow, these Ruger triggers are just as good or better than my S&W....".  Ruger has made huge improvements in their triggers and they are definitely not the triggers of twenty years ago.  I will say the trigger on my S&W 629 V-Comp PC gun is awesome but at that price it better be.

Check out some new wheel guns and if you haven't shot any in a long time you'll be impressed with the differences.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll see your .22 Single-Six and raise you 10 calibers and a shine.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Beautiful guns guys. Ruger single actions are my favorite.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#10]
looks great.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#11]
This is my newest Ruger.  Picked it up about 2 weeks ago on my way to Sebring, FL.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Homer *doh*
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top