Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2014 5:14:35 PM EDT
Serial number and AC only stampings.  No Proof marks, and no regiment marks.  Lunch box gun?

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Towards the end of WWII the german quality control (finish, markings & such) was ditched to produce weapons as fast as possible.  That is probably a late war production... not a "lunchbox" gun.

Serial number and the "ac" should indicate who (which factory) and maybe what year it was produced.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Eh... Maybe see the proof mark skipped but I doubt it.  Never seen one with no proof mark.  However, certainly can't imagine it being issued with out regiment stamps.  They have nothing to do with quality control and everything to do with NAZI policy on all firearms being registered and accounted for.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Just now found one... only 68 units from mine in serialization... that also does not have proof or regiment marks.  Oh well.  Guess it is just another beater.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Walther had an order for 6000 eagle f police around this time March 1945, seen several with no eagle N proofs, and several in the white. Interesting/nice pistol you have though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Any way I could research this further?  I only gave $350 for it.  I was hoping it was something on the rare side... but it is pretty minty other than a couple of scratches and has "good" finish for a late war.  i may just shoot it... enjoy it... and carry it occasionally... but want to confirm I am not beating a collector piece.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Make a post at WaltherForums in their PP and TP Series Forum.  The experts are there.

That has all the characteristics of a so called "Lunch box" pistol that was assembled from parts during the short time the Walther factory was occupied by US troops before it was turned over to the Russians.

AC is the correct code for Walther, but it was never used on PP series pistols, only on the P.38.

Oh, and be careful if you are thinking abut shooting it.

It may not be properly heat treated, possibly not at all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#7]
or here this is a collector forum so you will get great info the are PP and PPK folks from all over world there.

http://p38forum.com/forums/index.php
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top