Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 2:03:30 PM EDT
Had my PT-111 since April 2002. It was my first pistol ever so it was the only firearm I could target practice with. For 2 months, I worked on my breathing and sighting techniques. Every shot was low and to the left. After shooting 1500 shooting 115gr. there were cracks in the frame. Mailed it to Taurus. I called in every week for the status and after sitting there for 6 weeks, they finally looked at. They replaced the frame and everything that fits inside the frame. Fired it up and now everything was right on target (within 7 yards) and never had a misfire. But those damn plastic sights crack me up. Still, it's my first baby.

In those 6 weeks I bought a Sig P226 9mm and a Glock 23. I needed something to play with during the long wait.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
My vintage 1985 PT-99 broke last year.

Sent it in, 3 weeks later it was back good as new.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#3]
i sent my pt111 in a few weeks ago for a sheared off dissasembly latch. they had it back to me repaired and ready in three weeks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Had an early PT145.
Frame cracked.
Taurus said there was no problem with the model but did repair it under warranty.
Took about 6 weeks.
My dealer gave me full price on a trade.
She had sent two others back with cracked frames, so she understood.

I'm glad they fixed it, but I'd have had more respect if they had admitted that they had a problem.

That was a couple of years ago. Don't know how the company is doing currently.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#5]
PT 140 , cracked frame and it Kb'ed. luckily I was unhurt. They repaired it for the cost of shipping, but never asked if I was alright or gave any reason why it failed in the first place.  BTW, sold the PT.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Taurus PT145 Mil Pro SS.  GREAT gun.  one of the greatest I'd ever owned if you were only gonna own one gun.  Has THE DUMBEST mag catch ever.  ever. ever. I tried to take it out to tweak it alittle, e.g. more spring power, couldn't get it back in.  tried for weeks.  Eventually I returned it to taurus along with night sights for them to install, whcih they ask that you DONT DO!  Got it back two weeks later with night sights installed and new mag catch installed.  I was not original owner, nor did they ask me that at anytime.  VERY happy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a very old PT-99AF.  So old it doesn't have a decocker, just a frame mounted thumb safety.  I am at least the third owner, and probably the fourth.  About a year ago, the rear site blade gave up the ghost.  When I called Taurus, al they asked was the serial number and what the problem was.

After explaining the situation, the rep said I could send it in for repairs and it would take about 3 weeks.  Alternately, if I thought I could replace the site myself they would send me one.  No cost either way.  The new sight showed up three days later.  Couldn't ask for better service.

CO

Edit for fat-fingering.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#8]
ijsut sent my pt92 in last week. ill be calling them tomarrow to see what they ahve done with it or have gotten to look at it yet. hopefully my experince will be as plesent as yours

Kevin
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a used PT-111 that had problems. Sent it in and got it back in about 5 weeks.  No problems.

I have several taurus gun that I bought used.  The warranty stay with the gun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a problematic PT745 that I sent back a week and a half ago via my Dealer. Hopefully soon I'll get a letter saying they've inducted it for repair. I was told six weeks is typical right now for a repair.
I'm hoping they make it reliable as I really came to like that gun.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I sold a really beat up PT25 to a friend.  The finish was crap and the trigger spring was broken.  He sent it off, and three weeks later he calls me to say that he got essentially and new gun.  The finish was immaculate and all internals were replaced.  I was kinda pissed I sold it after seeing how it turned out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine is still there with a couple weeks before I get it back they tell me.
I have my fingers crossed. Looking forward to getting it back!
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 12:53:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Gotta strip my Model 044 tomorrow, If I can't suss the problem it's going back, hopefuly with a quick turnaround....

Anyone come across a problem where the cylinder is "hanging up" on the forcing cone?

Crane and cylinder are not loose, no lead build up or other visible problems.....

Edit:  Sorted......
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Did all you guys that sent your pistol back have to pay shipping or did Taraus?
Link Posted: 4/22/2006 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Did all you guys that sent your pistol back have to pay shipping or did Taraus?

You pay to send it to them, they pay to send it back to you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got my PT745 back after a two month wait. I got charged $25 for  the shipping. They claim to have "adjusted" the feed ramp and changed out the nearly new magazine I sent with it for a new one. They also wrote notes to not use reloaded ammo and to clean it after each use. (Well, duh! Thanks MOM! )
It was having alot of failures to fire and failures to feed when I sent it in. They claim they put 40 rounds through it after the repair and it was fine.

I sure hope so.

Just inspecting it out in the shop, you can see the feed ramp has been worked. It's mirror finish is no longer as perfect as it was . I inserted a mag of hollowpoints and pulled back the slide and let go. It got stopped and needed a pat on the slide to send it forward. It never did that before with these. For HP ammo they have a well rounded nose. Failures to feed were always after a shot was taken with any ammo.
I put in a mag of two different brands of ball ammo. Most of the time it still needs a light pat on the slide to send the round into the chamber.
WTF?
Needless to say, I'm ticked. Even if they solved one problem, they caused another.
I'll do my part tomorrow and take it to the range. If it functions perfectly, I may consider keeping it and live with having to pat it's ass to get a round in. But this is BS. That slide should rack forward on it's own with any round nosed ammo. Perhaps it'll work out after a hundred rounds go through it.
I mean I'm not even just using the slide release! I'm pulling back on the slide and letting go. That should immediately put a round in the pipe right?

Since this thing went to the shop I purchased a SA XD45acp. I've since put about 500 rounds through it flawlessly. It's not compact like the PT. It's a full sized service model. But it has me spoiled rotten with it's quality and accuracy.

I suppose I'll see how the PT745 does tomorrow. I'll post results here when I get back, but right now my gut is telling me they bodged the job.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/26/2006 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I put 156 rounds through it at the range. Four different kinds of ammo.
At best, it still gets 2-3 failures to fire and 1-2 failures to feed during a box of 50 rounds of good Winchester or S&B ammo.
I'm disgusted. I still feel that one problem is the gun's firing pin isn't striking the caps hard enough. They ignored that during the last repair. All they did was "adjust" the ramp.
Taurus is paying for FedEx delivery back to them for round two tomorrow. They claimed they would expidite the rework this time since it has already spent two months with them.
I'll give them one more chance. That, since it will be a great pistol if they just make it reliable.
If they bodge it again, I plan to demand a replacement of it with a better model pistol. That, since I am already out $25 in shipping for the last repair, much $$ ammo used to verify they didn't repair it, time, gas, aggravation, etc.
This is BS.
Glad I bought the XD45 to practice with. This PT745 has been a bad joke with it's malfunctions. Heck, the factory has had it more than I have had it now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2006 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Many many years ago I bought a used model 94 .22 revolver. The rear sight was messed up and the timing was slightly off. I shipped it off and not too much later it came back good as new.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#20]
years ago i sent a 669 back to them because i wasn't satitified with the accuracy. can back a lot better than it was when i sent it off. right now they have my 85 titanium. the timing is off. don't know how long they'll have it. what got me is the amount to ship back. ups with 400.00 insurance was 42 bucks. well, they had it the next day by 10am, but i wasn't in that big of hurry. dealers can ship priority mail through the usps, but my dealer doesn't us them because they lost a gun he shipped and he says he's been waiting several months now to get the insurance money.
Link Posted: 5/14/2006 3:49:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn, already posted in this thread, please ignore this post.
Top Top