Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2009 4:20:48 PM EDT
Traveling through Birmingham yesterday, stopped at 2 Wal Marts. Both had the Federal Champion 9mm where the Blazer Brass label was on the shelf. One lady said this would be replacing it. Other store said he didn't know anything about it, but it was also stocked in the same spot marked Blazer Brass.
Same price as Blazer $8.97. My fort is now 12 boxes deeper. Each had only 4 boxes left after I got my 6. Both stores also had it in .40, but no .45acp. Maybe Federal is stepping up to the plate. Also noticed a LOT of Federal rifle ammo at one store, they had tons of .308 soft point 150 grain or .30-06 for $13.97 per 20. Not bad in this climate, .308 ball is going for that most places in bulk.
Also noticed Winchester .22 in 500 round +packaging, and were 36 grain Hollow Points. A red box, I have never seen these before.
Federal website does not show this "Champion" ammo in 9mm, Maybe this is a Wal Mart exclusive?
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucky bastard!
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought 4 boxes of 45 win and 4 boxes of 9mm win at wlamart last week. they were the 100rd for 19.96
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
i picked up 500rds of it the other night, they had about 3k rnds in stock after I bought mine. only had 9mm and 22lr though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 6:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe the Federal is replacing Blazer Brass... I've seen some at my local WallyWorld also.
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Traveling through Birmingham yesterday, stopped at 2 Wal Marts. Both had the Federal Champion 9mm where the Blazer Brass label was on the shelf. One lady said this would be replacing it. Other store said he didn't know anything about it, but it was also stocked in the same spot marked Blazer Brass.
Same price as Blazer $8.97. My fort is now 12 boxes deeper. Each had only 4 boxes left after I got my 6. Both stores also had it in .40, but no .45acp. Maybe Federal is stepping up to the plate. Also noticed a LOT of Federal rifle ammo at one store, they had tons of .308 soft point 150 grain or .30-06 for $13.97 per 20. Not bad in this climate, .308 ball is going for that most places in bulk.
Also noticed Winchester .22 in 500 round +packaging, and were 36 grain Hollow Points. A red box, I have never seen these before.
Federal website does not show this "Champion" ammo in 9mm, Maybe this is a Wal Mart exclusive?

I have said that multiple times on the net.  If you look @ the part number it is WMxxxx for 9mm,.40, and .45ACP.  I don't know if the Fed is a replacement for the BB.  One of my local WMs keeps getting in BB also. They had another new shipment in yesterday of .40 BB.  Either way ammo is on the shelves.

FB

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
wal-mart near me had about 12 boxes of the 100 pack WWB for like $19.??

Academy is still loaded up with 9mm but they want about $13 per 50 WWB
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have said that multiple times on the net.  If you look @ the part number it is WMxxxx for 9mm,.40, and .45ACP.  I don't know if the Fed is a replacement for the BB.  One of my local WMs keeps getting in BB also. They had another new shipment in yesterday of .40 BB.  Either way ammo is on the shelves.

FB

FB you are absolutely correct, that WM is on the end flap. So you have seen it in .45acp? What was the price and was it the same price as Blazer in 45? I have some Blazer Brass in .45 but it was purchased about a year and a half ago when it was at the $12 mark, I believe it was $11.97.
.45 ACP seems to be the most elusive in this brand. Every MegaLo Mart I go to has it in .40, 9mm you get lucky & find here or there but .45 is just not there.

Link Posted: 7/17/2009 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FB

FB you are absolutely correct, that WM is on the end flap. So you have seen it in .45acp? What was the price and was it the same price as Blazer in 45? I have some Blazer Brass in .45 but it was purchased about a year and a half ago when it was at the $12 mark, I believe it was $11.97.
.45 ACP seems to be the most elusive in this brand. Every MegaLo Mart I go to has it in .40, 9mm you get lucky & find here or there but .45 is just not there.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/CletusYokel/IMG_1251.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/CletusYokel/IMG_1250.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/CletusYokel/IMG_1247.jpg

I picked up some 45 this week. It was priced @ $14.xx, and that was up from last month when it was $12.xx.  I just missed out last month, but I had asked the guy behind the counter what the price was, and he looked it up.  It was like $0.10 more than the Fed .40 IIRC.  I have not seen any BB, or any other .45, in months.

FB
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Im starting to dislike the champion 9mm. The brass seems to lake nice polishing, 2 of the rounds in a box I shot out of today had rounds that were seated improperly, case bent. It was enough that I noticed it while loading the magazine. Its probably manufactured over seas with little quality control. if it is made in the usa then federal has gone to crap.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is my score....note the 2 boxes on the right side of the pic. I have not had a chance to shoot any of it yet.

Anybody have any input on the quality or performance of this ammo? It is starting to show up regularly around here, and is cheaper than the WWB VP's.

I checked every round, and no noticable defects or flaws. Appears to be brass cased and copper jacketed FMJ.

I do not know what the RN stands for on the label.
Link Posted: 7/18/2009 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
RN = "Round Nose"
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 5:53:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
RN = "Round Nose"

Well...I guess I should have been able to figure that one out. Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/19/2009 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Like this?

Link Posted: 7/19/2009 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:

Quoted:

Like this?

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r88/_bullseye_/IMG_3143.jpg

That's the ones I saw - I like to use the Federal AutoMatch, but they are very scarce. Those and minimags (expensive!) are the only thing I have found that will work reliably in ALL my .22 autos (have quite a few)

Any feed issues with the Winchester?
Link Posted: 7/19/2009 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Like this?

That's the ones I saw - I like to use the Federal AutoMatch, but they are very scarce. Those and minimags (expensive!) are the only thing I have found that will work reliably in ALL my .22 autos (have quite a few)

None so far. I've only fired about 50 rounds of it through my MKII. Still have A LOT of Federal bulk pack .22 left; I bought the Winchester out of curiosity more than anything. Also frustrated that the Federal 550 round packs haven't been in stock for months (at $15.47 they're not even that great of a deal anymore).
Coincidentally, my Wal-Mart has about ten 325 round packs of the Federal Automatch in stock. They've had it for a few weeks. No one around here is buying it apparently. I don't really shoot for match accuracy, and the bulk pack jacketed ammo always worked fine for me, so I don't buy it because the price is a bit higher than I'd like for plinking ammo.

Haven't been able to get any 9mm at WM in a long while.

Link Posted: 7/19/2009 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I have picked up about 800 rounds of the Federal champion 9mm in the last couple of weeks myseelf
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 6:57:29 AM EDT
[#17]
My local Walmart has probably ~3K of 9mm and ~1500 of .40 S&W sitting on the shelf as of last night... I have enough (for now) of both, so I'm holding out for .45ACP
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Local store has had it in stock for a couple of weeks.  Around here the panic has eased considerably.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#19]
My local Wal-Mart just got one box of .40 Federal in last night. They seem to just get the stuff in one or two boxes at a time.

Link Posted: 7/20/2009 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Federal and CCI are both owned by atk from what i've been told. But either way i picked up 8 boxes of the federal champion 9mm from walmart along with 3 boxes of remington 9mm and 7 boxes of federal automatch this week from walmart along with 4 boxes of remington 9mm from dick's this week. Hopefully I can find some .45 and .380 sometime in the near future.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like this?

None so far. I've only fired about 50 rounds of it through my MKII. Still have A LOT of Federal bulk pack .22 left; I bought the Winchester out of curiosity more than anything. Also frustrated that the Federal 550 round packs haven't been in stock for months (at $15.47 they're not even that great of a deal anymore).

Coincidentally, my Wal-Mart has about ten 325 round packs of the Federal Automatch in stock. They've had it for a few weeks. No one around here is buying it apparently. I don't really shoot for match accuracy, and the bulk pack jacketed ammo always worked fine for me, so I don't buy it because the price is a bit higher than I'd like for plinking ammo.

Haven't been able to get any 9mm at WM in a long while.

I'm gonna try a pack of those Winchesters and see how they run. I have an accurized 10-22 with a match chamber that doesn't like some ammo, and loves others. I also have an old Stoeger Luger that is finicky, however they both love the AutoMatch and  Mini Mags. In my mind the AutoMatch is still not too bad as Green Tag and others cost more and don't shoot any better. The Auto Match is slightly less velocity than a Mini Mag, but still is faster than most target loads. It's kind of in the midlle between standard & high velocity. My old Mark 2's eat just about anything until they get really nasty and need a good cleaning.
Link Posted: 7/20/2009 2:22:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I have an accurized 10/22 ( gm barrel and tons of rimfire tech. stuff)  also and it seems to digest pretty much anything i throw at it
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Just finished 100 rounds at the range during lunch.  Like it better than the Blazer Brass it's replacing.  Shoots well and seems to be cleaner than the BB.

Our local Walmart has tons in stock.  Only thing that's still a little tough to get here is 22lr and .223.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 3:39:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Like this?

That is odd. The similiar ammo that my Walmart has comes in 333 round boxes with the same bullet, priced at $9.95.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Like this?

That is odd. The similiar ammo that my Walmart has comes in 333 round boxes with the same bullet, priced at $9.95.

My Wal-Mart carries the $10 333 round packs as well, and have for about a year. The 555 round box pictured is the first I had ever seen that ammo packaged in that amount though, so the 555 round packs are probably a very recent development.
Check your Wal-Mart next time, maybe yours will have a spot for this as well (these days you have to be rather persistent to catch the stuff in stock though). At least check for a spot labeled $15.97 by the Winchester .22LR

Link Posted: 7/27/2009 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Only had enough money for one box today, Drives me mad cause they must of had 100 boxes there!
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Bought 20 boxes today cleaned um out. A lot better then the WWB value packs at sports authority for 29.99 plus tax
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#28]
My local Wal-Marts are still dry and have been for a while.  Too many local ammo whores I guess  
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#29]
My local walmarts are bonedry of 9mm ammo too.  Did pick up some .223 Federal though  
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bought 20 boxes today cleaned um out. A lot better then the WWB value packs at sports authority for 29.99 plus tax

You or your WM must be special, because all the WM's around here and  the post's I've read here mention  a 6 box limit on ammo at WM's.......
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got two boxes of the Federal 9mm today at Wally's World.
Left three 250 round UMC value packs on the shelf...$50 each is a bit steep to buy on such short notice.

They also had a case of ten 100 round WWB value packs come in a day or two ago. I would have considered some, but they just sold out this morning.

Link Posted: 8/13/2009 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like this?

In the past couple of weeks I have gotten 20 boxes of Fed Auto Match from Walmart; 10 boxes at a time...  Apparently, the local WallyWorld employees do not know anything about a per customer box limit....

The local WM has a good stock of the Winchester 555 and the Fed 550. But only one box of 9mm UMC

ETA:

One more case of 10 at my other shooting location.
Link Posted: 8/14/2009 7:19:27 AM EDT
[#33]
My local WM has had the Federal 9mm for the past few weeks. They also have been having the Federal .223 100 round value packs the last few times.

After a few months of not being able to get anything at WM, the last 7 times I have been to WM I was able to grab either 9mm or .223 ammo.

Link Posted: 8/18/2009 3:42:17 PM EDT
[#34]
More ammo pr0n!
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Was just at Wally World,picked up a 50 rnd box WW 147 gr HP. They aslo had a ton of the Champion stuff. As a side note I picked up another box of Black Hills Seconds 77 Gr. Match Hp from Cabelas this week also, 40.00 bucks, my last score only cost me 25.00 bucks, but that was from another store!
Top Top