Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2009 9:11:27 PM EDT
This was loaded in a G36 mag. I didn't notice it until I unloaded to rotate carry mags. I've read about KBs and wonder if this defect contributes to them. I cannot determine how much the case extends above the base of the bullet. My guess is about 1mm or so.

http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/10990/2356653180104656506S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/23343/2067208840104656506S600x600Q85.jpg
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit, glad you cought it before you shot it. Not sure what would have happened but i'm sure it wouldn't be good
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
damn. plus dont glocks have an unsupported/non-fully supported chamber?  that couldve been pretty bad i would guess
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Was that new, un-reloaded ammo? If so, call the manufacturer. How long has this been in your gun?

AS for safety... the problems with Glocks usually stem from the unsupported rear end of the bullet. This one probably would be OK to shoot, but **may** cause a FTE or FTF due to low pressure.

But I'm not a Glock guy so I may be FOS.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Was that new, un-reloaded ammo? If so, call the manufacturer. How long has this been in your gun?

AS for safety... the problems with Glocks usually stem from the unsupported rear end of the bullet. This one probably would be OK to shoot, but **may** cause a FTE or FTF due to low pressure.

Brand new loaded ammo purchased from CTD about 10 months ago - about $14/box25 IIRC. I carried it for about a month before noticing.

I did have a FTE at the range with this stuff.

I've switched to Gold Dots.
Link Posted: 2/28/2009 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]
send that shit back.  and don't own a glock .40.  those things blow up with regular ammo that isn't messed up like yours.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
send that shit back.  and don't own a glock .40.  those things blow up with regular ammo that isn't messed up like yours.

Glock 36 is a .45

And I've not blown my Glock 22 up yet after 13 years.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock 36 is a .45

And I've not blown my Glock 22 up yet after 13 years.

Yeah I was going to reply to his extremely intelligent post but decided it wasn't worth my time.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/1/2009 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#10]
That is a stinging re-affirmation of why factory ammunition should be individually inspected before loading into the magazine.  And people say they don't trust handloads!  Sorry, both are produced by humans, and both can contain defects.  I have suffered more factory ammo defects over the years than I have defects from my handloads, and numbers wise, that is a terrible thing to say about factory ammunition.

It probably would have worked just fine, though.  I doubt that you would have noticed anything different if you had fired it, if you did not get to see the ejected case.

Eddie Rickenbacker used to inspect each and every cartridge before he went on a flight.  Not a bad idea for any of us, nearly a century later.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing would have happened.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably nothing would have happened other than a Bang and an ejected case.  But as was mentioned above, EVERY round you load into a magazine for self defense purposes should be inspected carefully.

Normally I'd spend a few minutes trying to correct some of the absolute and utter bullshit I read here, especially about Glocks and the so called "unsupported chamber", but I'm convinced that many of you would rather revel in your ignorance than learn the truth, so I'm not going to bother.  But I will say this.  If you know you're clueless about a subject, why not keep your fingers still and try to learn something instead of posting bullshit?  There's a lot of people here with lots of experience and knowledge, when the morons fill the threads with bullshit it's hardly worth the effort for those with real experience and knowledge to post.

Link Posted: 3/1/2009 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]
well put.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top